Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

Have we seen any of the other non-doctor fighters show they know how to read?

The SF Cold Storage omake showed that Rihito was competent at running the business, which would require at least a basic degree of literacy.

Cosmo is a high schooler and his Kengan Zero chapter showed that he gets decent grades at school, so he's definitely literate.

Kaneda's back story was partly about his high school reunion, which means he graduated from high school, implying possession of literacy.

Mokichi is a church vicar, so he's at least literate enough to read the Bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Time for wakatsuki to kick him in the balls and see if the steroids shrunk them so they don't hurt

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Intelligent Barbarian is a professor and has penned at least one book so I'd say he knows, too.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Muteba can’t read

cause he’s blind :downs:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Braille...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Julius still going to lose but goddamn are they making it a fun as hell fight to read.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how the Rihito interlude chapter showed that he actually trains really hard and takes things seriously.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Unless Julius has some wicked special hidden technique he's kind of boring so he's probably gonna lose.

In any case, the fights I really want to see are Muteba's because you know poo poo is going to get lethal from the start, specially against a showtime pro-wrestler.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Julius is the second practitioner of the Inaba style, which unfortunately is only good for that toe scoot thing since he has no hair.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Didnt julius get hyped up extremely hard at the beginning or am I crazy? For some reason I thought he and the fang were thought to be the strongest going into the first round.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He was

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Julius was up there in terms of hype, but not quite on Wakatsuki or Fang's levels who were immediately built up as top contenders.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he's supposed to be the ace in the hole for the guy that has the closest chance to winning this whole thing

They also spent a chapter hyping up the ballet guy to be a super tough badass who gets instantly chumped by Julius so I think that was a decent amount of hype

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Julius loving killed an F1 racecar driver in an F1 Car for an exercise warmup

He’s hype as gently caress

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

No Wave posted:

Didnt julius get hyped up extremely hard at the beginning or am I crazy? For some reason I thought he and the fang were thought to be the strongest going into the first round.

He's the fighter for the #2 ranked company plus he was lurking around as the main big bad guy when scar eye CEO was doing his evil mastermind speeches.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ballet guy was probably an excellent martial artist but that isn't really relevant when compared to 2 ton julius

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If Baki has taught me something is that, unless your name is Biscuit Oliva, pure strength t is nothing without martial arts bullshit.

Exercise warm ups with F1 race cars? Pfftttt, helicopters are the real deal.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

trucutru posted:

If Baki has taught me something is that, unless your name is Biscuit Oliva

*or Yujiro, or Pickle, or Hanayama

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fellis posted:

Julius loving killed an F1 racecar driver in an F1 Car for an exercise warmup

He’s hype as gently caress
lol forgot about this
https://mangadex.org/chapter/3979/6

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Still not sure why an F1 driver had to be specially hired, blackmailed, and murdered for the sake of peeling out in a straight line, but who am I to second-guess our captains of industry?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The world's most powerful monster machine can't be controlled with a mere cinderblock on the gas pedal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Plutonis posted:

*or Yujiro, or Pickle, or Hanayama

Pickle is using caveman techniques, ancient ones!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Julius has also been reading up on business and he ends up pulling the rug under his CEO.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Turns out you don't need business savvy when you can just threaten to crush your shareholders' heads.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
It feels like Wakatsuki backstory time. Seems like he should be able to deal with grappling. Although having that ankle injury doesn’t bode well for his longevity

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

It feels like Wakatsuki backstory time. Seems like he should be able to deal with grappling. Although having that ankle injury doesn’t bode well for his longevity

What I feel is that Kanoh identified Watasukis weak point Superhuman muscles not bone structure And hit a point on his body that did not have a strong layer of muscle on it to protect it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He should just do lethwei then so he gets bone training

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ok I reread those chapters and have decided Julius is epic and should win

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yo I also read those over again and yeah there are a few things that he picks up on in regards to how dangerous one might be.

It's Kazzy. He couldn't get a line on Kazzy so he kinda just walked away

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

What I feel is that Kanoh identified Watasukis weak point Superhuman muscles not bone structure And hit a point on his body that did not have a strong layer of muscle on it to protect it.

Yeah like I feel like Wakatsuki wins this as an underdog, but his downfall has now been foreshadowed for a later match

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mary Annette posted:

Still not sure why an F1 driver had to be specially hired, blackmailed, and murdered for the sake of peeling out in a straight line, but who am I to second-guess our captains of industry?

The driver was pretty sure he was about to commit a murder so he needed some extra motivation. I think him driving into a wall was just convenient.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i just need an image of julius unconscious or with a significant head injury

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Can't link chapter but holy shiiiiit

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Can't link chapter but holy shiiiiit

The Balrog Fakeout is strong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/458910/1

Holy poo poo Julius pulled off a Seras Victoria, that's some goddamn brutalass poo poo. Half of Wakatsuki's face is peeled off, Christ.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

BLAST CORE!!!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Brutal.

Also pretty short fight. No real surprise about the result, but still Boooo!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goddamn Wakatsuki's face

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All in all, it feels like the brutality has been upped a fuckton compared to the first round.

The only thing comparable is Muteba vs Meguro, I'd say. I mean Raian did snap Mokichi's neck but it felt less visceral than something like Murder Cop taking a bit out of Cosmo and then chewing it. Even Meguro didn't do that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Brutal.

Also pretty short fight. No real surprise about the result, but still Boooo!!!

Short, but well executed and you could feel the drat brutality.