Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cool potential headliner of two women fighters I don’t know. Dana take my money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hopefully scalpers bought loads of tickets for that show so it'll be really cheap to get in.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Joanna is actually coming off of a UD win over Tecia Torres.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's awesome that they have like multiple backups for a fight nobody cares about but when a major one falls out whoops guess this card has no real marquee fight

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rigel posted:

The UFC is asking Chookagian to be ready in case something happens to 230. (Eubanks apparently has a tough time making 125) She probably deserves the fight more anyway, but Eubanks was runner up in TUF so whatever.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1047579577130745857

I let out a loud "WHO?" when reading this. She hasn't even been on a main card yet, but neither has Eubanks so whatever.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

For all his brain damage schaub was still smart enough to mock the UFC for not making poirer and Diaz the main for the 165 pound title.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

W135 looking more like a form of Aztec human sacrifice than even w145, impressive.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Is Chookagian the one whose nickname is literally “Blonde Fighter”?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

FishBowlRobot posted:

Is Chookagian the one whose nickname is literally “Blonde Fighter”?

lol, you're right it is.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
As much as I disagree with adding in mens weight classes at like 165/195, at least we know 165 would be filled with fighters of repute from both 155 and 170. When mens 125 debuted it had established names, and two different title challengers from 135.

Womens 125 just seems like a wasteland. 135 and 115 are already established, with the 135 ones being too large for 125 (like I think the biggest example of a 135 champion who would've been 125 is Meisha Tate, and shes retired) and 115 thanks to Joanna dominance and Thug Rose being an actually interesting champion is a division people like.

Best Friends posted:

W135 looking more like a form of Aztec human sacrifice than even w145, impressive.

I hope you meant 125.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Petition for only two weight classes: Men's and Women's heavyweight

Get fat, get paid, good luck

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
wmma is garbage

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Petition for only two weight classes: Men's and Women's heavyweight

Get fat, get paid, good luck

The sumo thread is over here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461947

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

I legit didn't realise sumo had a thread here, I thought sumo would be under the Rotten Ringsports umbrella given a lot of us watch it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DaFrugalGamer posted:

wmma is garbage

True

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Best Friends posted:

The most precious blood was the most worthy sacrifice so you're wrong.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lid posted:

As much as I disagree with adding in mens weight classes at like 165/195, at least we know 165 would be filled with fighters of repute from both 155 and 170. When mens 125 debuted it had established names, and two different title challengers from 135.

Womens 125 just seems like a wasteland. 135 and 115 are already established, with the 135 ones being too large for 125 (like I think the biggest example of a 135 champion who would've been 125 is Meisha Tate, and shes retired) and 115 thanks to Joanna dominance and Thug Rose being an actually interesting champion is a division people like.

When WMMA got its start in the UFC there was this assumption that it would eventually flesh out to be more impressive but it would take years; 135 and 115 were two acceptably-populated UFC divisions and you probably could've gotten 145 and 105 up and running credibly by 2020. Instead they rushed everything to try to have more belts for advertising purposes and now you have a 125 division that's going to be contested by a 135er and a 125er who's only technically had one UFC fight, a ton of the 115 and 135 talent trying to leave for 125 because the divisions are so goddamn blended, and the 135 champion fighting the 145 champion because 135's contenders are hosed and 145 doesn't even exist.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There’s no good talent. It’s gonna take a long time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
W125 seemed like a necessity since you had undersized women fighting at 135 which is dangerous (especially with that champion) and other women killing themselves to cut to 115. The degree to which it has been hosed up is amazing, only rivaled by the attempts to introduce Men's 155 back in the day.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Lid posted:

I hope you meant 125.

I did, yeah. Whoops.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN9gAlea2yw

Ok I take it back, heavyweight women's MMA is not nearly as entertaining as I had hoped

Or maybe it is, I think I'm still undecided

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lid posted:

I legit didn't realise sumo had a thread here, I thought sumo would be under the Rotten Ringsports umbrella given a lot of us watch it.

hah, yeah not sure why it isn't under this subforum. That thread will be dead until the next basho in about 5 weeks.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

The UFC is asking Chookagian to be ready in case something happens to 230. (Eubanks apparently has a tough time making 125) She probably deserves the fight more anyway, but Eubanks was runner up in TUF so whatever.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1047579577130745857

Oh, good. "Blonde Fighter" is definitely an improvement over the lady with the 3-2 pro record.

e: poo poo I didn't refresh and missed like a page of posts and thought Conor/Khabib was off and I didn't even get bummed like usual

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Gentleman, we’re forgetting that the Black Beast is fighting this weekend. I hope his back is magically all better this time...

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

DaFrugalGamer posted:

wmma is garbage

strawweight is a lot of fun and has had some great fights imo, but yeah i could do without the other divisions.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1047629072770244610

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

a vein popped in Dana's head he doesnt know why

Too much dianabol?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Good job, sole remaining member of the UFC social media team

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

mewse posted:

Good job, sole remaining member of the UFC social media team

https://twitter.com/CalJohnPowell/status/1047629340568145921?s=19

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN9gAlea2yw

Ok I take it back, heavyweight women's MMA is not nearly as entertaining as I had hoped

Or maybe it is, I think I'm still undecided

Why would you pay for something you can see at any Wal-Mart parking lot during a big sale on family size bag Cheetos?

mewse
May 2, 2006

I hope they parody the Kaepernick nike ad next. That's not tired

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

I hope they parody the Kaepernick nike ad next. That's not tired

Brutal

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
how is the ufc 230 main event like Brock Lesnar?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
they both dont have legs

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I wonder if the Metallica or Conor whiskey is worse.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Wait what the gently caress

Nothing against her, nothing against Poland, but I've never seen her fight before and man that is not at all what I expected

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

Why would you pay for something you can see at any Wal-Mart parking lot during a big sale on family size bag Cheetos?

Your walmart is way more exciting than mine

Best I get is a straw weight meth head fight

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Darren Till is moving to middleweight https://news.paddypower.com/mma/2018/10/02/darren-till-welterweight/

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

According to the latest embedded the UFC has an official jeweler now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Mr. Carlisle posted:

According to the latest embedded the UFC has an official jeweler now
I love that one one of the two guys they've got on the books isn't permitted to wear gold

• Locked thread