Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

STAC Goat posted:

It pains me that Rudy is one of the only people with home plate seats who didn't go home early.

Establishing an alibi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
TBS claiming no St. Louis starter went more than 5 in 2011. Somewhere, Chris Carpenter swore so loudly his entire neighborhood woke up.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Please tell me Eckersley is going to be no where near the Red Sox series.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Slow Graffiti posted:

Please tell me Eckersley is going to be no where near the Red Sox series.

The ALDS games are on TBS soooo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Boy oh boy a Yankees/Red Sox series how exciting :jerkbag:

at lease this one is only a 5 game series

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Dutchy posted:

Ugh. Might as well just let Jerry Remy call the game.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

bradzilla posted:

Boy oh boy a Yankees/Red Sox series how exciting :jerkbag:

Oh no the two best teams in baseball are playing each other on the playoffs! What a disaster. :rolleyes:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Oh no the two best teams in baseball are playing each other on the playoffs! What a disaster. :rolleyes:

Let's not look ahead to an Astros/Red Sox ALCS just yet

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

they feasted on bottom feeders in the AL which inflated their win totals

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*looks at AL West*

*looks at NL West*

ok

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Mmm yes it clearly wasn't several teams exhibiting historically good power hitting and pitching this year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dutchy posted:

He said earlier he is going to HOU/CLE

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I thought Marlins man gave up his Marlins fandom at the beginning of the season?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I’m not a Marlins man, I’m Marlins Man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

I’m not a Marlins man, I’m Marlins Man

Lend me some dough

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
gently caress the yankees

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
https://twitter.com/susanslusser/status/1047691108971683840

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Nice! Should be an interesting week up here in MA with all my coworkers. Looking forward to it.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Johnny Bravo posted:

gently caress the yankees

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The A's won 97 games with a $66m payroll and literally every starting pitcher they began the season with out injured, not a bad season regardless of the result tonight

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

turns out that payroll matters

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

The A's won 97 games with a $66m payroll and literally every starting pitcher they began the season with out injured, not a bad season regardless of the result tonight

Should have brought Fiers in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this series is going to be more stressful than the ALCS last year

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

I'm way more bummed than I expected to be right now because this was just such a limp effort but this was a really fun season. I don't know why this franchise is so snakebit in the playoffs but I prefer this to rebuilding years where I'm talking myself into Rajai Davis as a franchise cornerstone. I like this team a lot and we have two legit AAA SP prospects waiting in the wings to hopefully shore up what's the biggest weakness (even if everyone gets healthy, none of these guys are really aces). It's a good core and I'm excited. It sure would've been cool to own the Yankees for once, though

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
https://twitter.com/yankees/status/...00%7Ctwterm%5E0

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
See you in boston! Would be nice to just walk through boston to see who comes out of cle v stros everyone is expecting the stros so I dunno...

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Well Played Mauer posted:

Mmm yes it clearly wasn't several teams exhibiting historically good power hitting and pitching this year.
Their hitting looks better when there’s more bad and not just mediocre teams in the schedule. The NL beat the AL in interleague this year for the first time in awhile.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES