Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like I actually did analyze their vote? Where is that comment coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

What the hell is up with you two

i know

*cups hands around mouth* "GET A ROOM"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

What the hell is up with you two

I don't really know.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMM, fwiw, I looked at the scum game Max linked and its like he's a different person now. That doesn't mean he's town, lots of time has passed and maybe he really is, but just want you to know I am taking you seriously.

But can you also comment on the BK thing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Booo that's an awful defense.

I'm frustrated because TMM bulldogging me usually means he's town, but I have to put up with him doing this so it's not a lot of fun!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

This does not answer the question. Why was what they did scummy?

I don't know if what they did is scummy yet because I don't know the alignment of IS yet.

However, if IS is actually town, then yes, I think it is scummy that hambeet complained about the votes being spread out but then didn't vote to consolidate votes on the people that had 2 votes (and I would have to take a look at those people) and also think that Hal could be scummy for putting two people in a tie at 4 votes, although to be fair, that would be less of an issue at that point. I'd have to go through the votes again to really nail it down.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

TMM, fwiw, I looked at the scum game Max linked and its like he's a different person now. That doesn't mean he's town, lots of time has passed and maybe he really is, but just want you to know I am taking you seriously.

But can you also comment on the BK thing?

It's interesting, but it's a Shine game, so I can see odd things happening.

Obviously, it's an easy vote and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for taking it. But right now, I've just got a bad taste in my mouth and I'm paranoid that this is too easy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I don't know if what they did is scummy yet because I don't know the alignment of IS yet.

However, if IS is actually town, then yes, I think it is scummy that hambeet complained about the votes being spread out but then didn't vote to consolidate votes on the people that had 2 votes (and I would have to take a look at those people) and also think that Hal could be scummy for putting two people in a tie at 4 votes, although to be fair, that would be less of an issue at that point. I'd have to go through the votes again to really nail it down.

If IS is scum, then Beet and Hal both look great. I think you are analyzing these votes before they have any discernible meaning.

Like I'm ready to start reanalyzing the game based on a BK scum flip, but I'm keeping it in my pants in case there is some other kind of shenanigans going on.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

If IS is scum, then Beet and Hal both look great. I think you are analyzing these votes before they have any discernible meaning.

Like I'm ready to start reanalyzing the game based on a BK scum flip, but I'm keeping it in my pants in case there is some other kind of shenanigans going on.

I understand that, but remember, my issue with beet is more that he complained that the votes were spread out when there were a bunch of people who had 2 votes and then he voted someone who only had 1 vote. There's a contradiction there between words and actions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey KB, can you take a look at Max and tell me what you think?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

Where's the fun in that?

Just want to make sure I don’t run out of snacks.

Want another one?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey tmm have you read the flip yet?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Just want to make sure I don’t run out of snacks.

Want another one?

can't wait to get my fingerprints all over another scooby snack

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

This doesn’t line up for me, what does Hal get from doing that that’s greater than the risk of sticking his neck out. Hal’s an “I don’t give a gently caress” player not a tricksy gambit player. If anything to me that makes Hal look better not worse.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hey KB, can you take a look at Max and tell me what you think?

Took another look. I was null, but on looking back I think I'm leaning town at the moment. The one problem I have is how he left his vote on the lazy IP vote, but that actually jives with what he did in Scooby where he was doing the same thing with Magnus. He seems to want to punish bad play lately.

I'll caveat this with, if BK is scum, that might change things. Since Max, like me(and you I think?), was one of the folks that defended BK yesterday. I'd have to look again in that light.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I understand that, but remember, my issue with beet is more that he complained that the votes were spread out when there were a bunch of people who had 2 votes and then he voted someone who only had 1 vote. There's a contradiction there between words and actions.

it was hardly a contradiction. me observing the spread and me trying to put forward my preferred lynch candidate are not diametrically opposed. i mean it was 2 votes a piece at that stage, why would i not try to push who i think should be lynched in that environment?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

it was hardly a contradiction. me observing the spread and me trying to put forward my preferred lynch candidate are not diametrically opposed. i mean it was 2 votes a piece at that stage, why would i not try to push who i think should be lynched in that environment?

I don't know if I'd say you put forward your preferred lynch candidate. It's not like you really pushed for his lynch. You just dropped your vote on him after talking about maybe voting IP or Solus and then you disappeared from the thread.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I don't know if I'd say you put forward your preferred lynch candidate. It's not like you really pushed for his lynch. You just dropped your vote on him after talking about maybe voting IP or Solus and then you disappeared from the thread.

i had no super strong feeling on anyone, was slightly suss on a couple of others as mentioned, but IS stuck out more and i actually said so at the time after agreeing with an mmt post on IS. you seem to have missed that like you've missed the repeated attempts to ask you your thoughts w/r/t this mornings flip.

and yeah i didn't really want to disappear, i expected i'd be back closer to deadline but irl hit and it was too late when i was finally able to be present.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but i'm glad we could agree i wasn't contradicting myself. good chat.

so. how about that bottle knight hey? whaddaya think tmm?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah no, obviously day should still progress to near it's normal length regardless so we can hear from everyone, etc. There are plenty of folks who haven't said much.

I'll unvote if you get close. But you are still fine.

Hi, hello! This is me. Again, apologies on D1, etc.

So, I took a little bit of time to get properly caught up while the thread wasn't moving. Glancing over the vote over on IP (hopefully I won't mix up anyone else again, sheesh) - I was mostly curious regarding Gaspy. Vote number three on IP, middle of the pact but one of the votes that helped push IP more forward in the vote count.

Also,

Asphyxious posted:

I didn’t really see pressure on IP and I think his reaction is a bit ott in the circumstances.

Asphyxious posted:

I’ve just reread illegallysober and I’m not seeing it, from peoples description I was expecting a bit of Dick Bastardly “clearly not reading the thread properly thought salad” kinda stuff but it wasn’t really there. The only thing that looks even kinda bad is asking for other cases, which just left me feeling kinda ehh.

My take is that IP’s reaction was still completely out of nowhere so I’m calling confected outrage.

##vote Icephoenix

Which, both more toward IP's reaction, sure. But, no pressure on IP? Maybe, maybe. But you were also the first to react to IP's vote on TMM-

-which, that's not very much, no, especially as we were phasing out of jokephase at that point. Sure. You also sure seemed pretty eager to jump on IP's post potentially being a 'scumslip' once Asiina brought it up. Which, sure you weren't alone with, but the whole thing gives off faint vibes of scum trying to nudge the vote along. Not strong enough to place a vote, by any means, particularly with everything going on with beek, but I don't like it!

natch i say all of this with the D1 i had so i fully expect some pot, kettle, etc.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Also I went with Choice A because I am concerned through cutting through this territory. Choice A certainly seemed to sound a little safer!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, I also voted for choice B because Viva Pancho Villa!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah, I also voted for choice B because Viva Pancho Villa!

:ohdear: I hope it was the right choice!

On that, a side note, probably not a terrible idea for people to mention their choice if nobody has any objections? It might not be anything significant at all, but it might be useful information for later. (Also if we wind up with a majority saying they chose A when we went B, well... :v: )

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

(Also if we wind up with a majority saying they chose A when we went B, well... :v: )

i don't think that would happen

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

i don't think that would happen

Nor do I, realistically. Hell, I don't think there will be anything to analyze much in those votes at all. But it's easy information to throw in and knowledge is power, or something.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I don’t think the vote on IP needed to be “nudged along” at that point or any point really.

I’ve seen plenty of very real and very obnoxious Hurt Feelings meltdowns in the last few games and IP’s read as incredibly fake comparatively. Nothing he posted after that made me think he was town so I was pretty comfy with my vote, despite how wrong it turned out to be.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Obviously scum would have been on the vote somewhere but as town I thought he was scummy as gently caress so I figure I wasn’t alone in that assessment.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh poo poo, this Dan Murphy's doesn't have the vaguely affordable Suntory Kakubin, only super fancy expensive Suntory poo poo, even if it's for Shine I'm not spending over a hundred bucks on whisky hope Pod doesn't modkill me

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

oh poo poo, this Dan Murphy's doesn't have the vaguely affordable Suntory Kakubin, only super fancy expensive Suntory poo poo, even if it's for Shine I'm not spending over a hundred bucks on whisky hope Pod doesn't modkill me

?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Aldi

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

omg no wait, I'm saved, I just found THIS

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

omg no wait, I'm saved, I just found THIS

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

please make sure to click on my original link instead of Gaspy's unauthorised one.

KB you especially need to click it, and Pod obviously. Also Beet cause he said he liked ponchos

anyway, I will soon be home to try some of that and get down to business

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

My link is better :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I saw both, I liked both.

Not everything is a competition you two.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I reread Asiina to see who she was looking at, the only people she really thought were scum were BK and KB.

In my experience KB wouldn’t have picked a) someone suspicious of him and b) someone actively contributing so it’s a closed loop, unfortunately.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I reread Asiina to see who she was looking at, the only people she really thought were scum were BK and KB.

uh also TMM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

not that I got a scumread on TMM but why leave him out hmmmmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I'm going to look at lurkers and I discovered something shocking

Max has more posts than Beet

##vote hambeet

(yes yes I will vote BK later just sayin)

• Locked thread