Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Rereading BK he mentions he’d vote for IP but that he thought he was town (which now makes sense), what’s interesting is he doesn’t engage with the IS case at all just says he feels better voting for IP, despite thinking he’s both town and being genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey BK, why did you decide to watch me on N1?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Go....LITERALLY NONE OF YOU! YOU ATE MY BIRD, I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!! :ghost:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

someone needs to run a mafia game with flavour based on the cooking frg. I wanna see someone claim EAT PUNCHBEEF

Haha that was the first thing I thought of when we ate the parrot :peanut:

Asiina posted:

:ghost: Go....LITERALLY NONE OF YOU! YOU ATE MY BIRD, I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!! :ghost:

:sadpeanut:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asphyxious posted:

Rereading BK he mentions he’d vote for IP but that he thought he was town (which now makes sense), what’s interesting is he doesn’t engage with the IS case at all just says he feels better voting for IP, despite thinking he’s both town and being genuine.

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel pretty strongly that

- IS is scum
- IP is the patsy (scummiest looking town)
- the reason that people aren't looking at IS with more suspicion is that he has a scumteam helping him out

I have probably ten more minutes or so before I pass out.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Asiina posted:

THE BIRD WAS DELICIOUS AND I HAVE NO REGRETS

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TMMadman posted:

Hey BK, why did you decide to watch me on N1?

Also interested in this.

If it helps, Ghost of Asiina...we freed the spirit of your parrot to join you in the afterlife? You're welcome.

MMT I'd like to know why you felt so strongly that IS is scum (and I gather still do?) Rereading his posts he gave at least cursory thoughts on a few people as he seemed able, and it didn't seem like he was necessarily rushing to hop on the IP bus until the end.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

sniper4625 posted:

Also interested in this.

If it helps, Ghost of Asiina...we freed the spirit of your parrot to join you in the afterlife? You're welcome.

MMT I'd like to know why you felt so strongly that IS is scum (and I gather still do?) Rereading his posts he gave at least cursory thoughts on a few people as he seemed able, and it didn't seem like he was necessarily rushing to hop on the IP bus until the end.

(a) Anyone can give cursory thoughts, it's not like scum players just sit there quietly until they're picked off (unless they're me :eng99:)
(b) I believe that not having scum reads is a scum tell. It's a lot harder to accuse people of being scum if you already know who the team is
(c) When I looked at the d1 vote, I thought that it was abnormal how much more suspicious IP (whose frustration seemed genuine to me) looked to people than IS, which to me was easily explained by people using suspicion on IP to mask having to have an opinion on IS. Pretty much like BK did.

OK gotta go to class, back in a few hours.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Murmur Twin posted:

(a) Anyone can give cursory thoughts, it's not like scum players just sit there quietly until they're picked off (unless they're me :eng99:)
(b) I believe that not having scum reads is a scum tell. It's a lot harder to accuse people of being scum if you already know who the team is
(c) When I looked at the d1 vote, I thought that it was abnormal how much more suspicious IP (whose frustration seemed genuine to me) looked to people than IS, which to me was easily explained by people using suspicion on IP to mask having to have an opinion on IS. Pretty much like BK did.

OK gotta go to class, back in a few hours.

Fair points, hopefully he'll be on to respond to these and Bif's from earlier.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will say that one point against BK is that he did break the 4-4 tie between IS and IP

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So if BK is scum then IS is also probably scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I will say that one point against BK is that he did break the 4-4 tie between IS and IP

That and he apparently visited the NK

I assume SNITCH is the power that let us know about that?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

That and he apparently visited the NK

I assume SNITCH is the power that let us know about that?

I assumed, though how it triggered automatically as a Shine power on death is a minor question. Maybe Asiina drank up as a precaution?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

sniper4625 posted:

I assumed, though how it triggered automatically as a Shine power on death is a minor question. Maybe Asiina drank up as a precaution?

I had a similar power in a different shine game. It was a shine power so it was limited, but I would broadcast the names of people that visited me every night. Making it a recurring normal role would be kind of OP against scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Should read, every night I used the power.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sniper4625 posted:

I think Asiina would have used shine N1 if she had one to start with

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Max posted:

Should read, every night I used the power.

Yeah this is my current assumption of what happened - Asiina had a shine power that revealed who visited her at night, she popped it N1 as a precaution, and BK got caught out. Not really I guess as much of a point as I thought.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

sniper4625 posted:

Yeah this is my current assumption of what happened - Asiina had a shine power that revealed who visited her at night, she popped it N1 as a precaution, and BK got caught out. Not really I guess as much of a point as I thought.

That is what seemed to have happened at night, but a ninja wouldn't pop the loudmouth.

I don't remember if Pod has ever used a role that mimics the appearance of someone, but they are known to exist. I think a redirect would also work, but I don't know if a redirector would visit both targets. I'm not sure how a bus driver would work here either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Right now my 'the simplest explanation is the right one' side is warring with my paranoid 'this is too easy, there's gotta be a curveball' side.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going with simplest unless BK or some other evidence comes up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sure that will assuage your fears.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TMMadman posted:

Right now my 'the simplest explanation is the right one' side is warring with my paranoid 'this is too easy, there's gotta be a curveball' side.

I hear you on that. It does feel a little too easy in a way? Asiina was very much in on beek (even saying that her vote on IP was in part because beek wasn't happening) - it's N1 of all things - with the watch happening to trigger / being used...

But also sometimes the easiest explanations are correct.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I'm going with simplest unless BK or some other evidence comes up.

Agreed

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

But also sometimes the easiest explanations are correct.

I'd argue that oftentimes they're correct.

It's not really worth arguing down the 'what if' hole, unless somehow beek flips town, which I see as unlikely. And if he does, we'll know that scum has a fucky role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

I'd argue that oftentimes they're correct.

It's not really worth arguing down the 'what if' hole, unless somehow beek flips town, which I see as unlikely. And if he does, we'll know that scum has a fucky role.

Do not like this post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean I get he was on the phone with his dad, but if you can post “interesting” you can post “interesting I watched TMM last night” just as easily

Maybe he worked out the fake claim with his dad!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also is BK is scum then KB could also be scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Do not like this post

Why not?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Also is BK is scum then KB could also be scum.

Surprised you didn't say me here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

We have plenty of time before the deadline, so it's always worth going down the 'what if' hole.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Surprised you didn't say me here.

No from my recollection (since I'm on my phone), you sided with bif while KB sided with BK (as did i).

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

We have plenty of time before the deadline, so it's always worth going down the 'what if' hole.

I mean, you can and I won't stop you? Going down the what-if hole always seems to get me lynched as town so I have no intentions of doing so. 'what if solus is a godfather, even though he copped town'

I'm getting pokemon flashbacks here, man.

I'll go down that hole if he flips town. Otherwise it's basically lovely posting that can look townie, and may even be townie, but will just confuse people.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I'd rather use the rest of the day to look at potential other scums/town players, and that's what I intend to do today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

No from my recollection (since I'm on my phone), you sided with bif while KB sided with BK (as did i).

Incorrect.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Incorrect.

You sided with BK too?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I guess you did in one of your only real opinions of the day. It was so early in the game I forgot about it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I have important thoughts about sussing things out, but don't feel like sharing them.

I think bk comes out better from that argument, only because I found my initial TMM post paper thin in terms of content. I like Asiina going with it and putting her money where her mouth is, I like people going "wow hmm Asiina may be on to something here" far less since they all hold back their votes. That was mostly Hal & Bif from memory, so reading along, I agreed with BK's initial call out.

Anyway, this post caught my eye because I cannot figure out why they would bring up hypothetically be cased instead unless they had a guilty mindset, and would like IcePheonix to expand on this.

This post

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I guess you did in one of your only real opinions of the day. It was so early in the game I forgot about it.

I just reread max and saw a fair few opinions on a fair few posters so are you deliberately misrepresenting his posts or just being kind of rude

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

I just reread max and saw a fair few opinions on a fair few posters so are you deliberately misrepresenting his posts or just being kind of rude

I just disagree. I've said he's given a few but I also feel that he's been dodging giving actual opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

What if this is the max-TMM two man scum gambit

• Locked thread