Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

like the vita port

and ggpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1v1 DBFZ is like...90s American arcade tier trash

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fereydun posted:

1v1 dbfz is actually the worst and most miserable fighting game to ever exist

note:
i play dbfz

Seconded

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zand posted:

and ggpo

lol they didnt do that

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Assist/Tag fighters always seem to get solved and broken down into top tiers/trash pretty quickly. MvC2 and UMvC3 had pretty decent runs I guess, although I checked out of the latter once Zero loops started having multiple representatives in Top 8s.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if Marvel wanted to re-enter the fighting game arena I'm not sure who they could loan out the franchise to if Capcom is off the table. ArcSys/Namco have their hands full with DBZ/Tekken/Soul Calibur, SNK is way too small of a joint, NRS has WB/DC under wraps...there are really no options. Don't think we're gonna see another Marvel fighter in this decade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They would put it on phones and make 100000x more than any FG could dream of making.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

if Marvel wanted to re-enter the fighting game arena I'm not sure who they could loan out the franchise to if Capcom is off the table. ArcSys/Namco have their hands full with DBZ/Tekken/Soul Calibur, SNK is way too small of a joint, NRS has WB/DC under wraps...there are really no options. Don't think we're gonna see another Marvel fighter in this decade.

It's French Bread time baby

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are people out there who think the Marvel roster is deadweight and now's the time for Capcom Fighting Jam Infinite and those people are out of their goddamn minds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Capcom All Stars would have been a cool idea 15 years ago but not anymore, hell no.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unrelated but I was a bar with a cheesy game area and alongside Huge Jenga and some board games and knock hockey they had a MAME cabinet, and the only FGs on it were World Warriors, Hyper Fighting, MSH, which are all you know, usual suspects. And then SVC chaos.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Iron Galaxy brings you Marvel's FightMans.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Namco's also doing Smash on top of that (how is one publisher so prolific in this genre!?), and NRS is owned by WB so the odds of them being allowed on the same street as a Disney IP are pretty low.

The only possibility I can think of is some Squeenix-owned studio since they're already working on a few Marvel games... but that would be very unlikely to be a traditional arcade-style fighter.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

In Training posted:

Capcom All Stars would have been a cool idea 15 years ago but not anymore, hell no.

Maybe next year? There's the RE2 Remake, DMC5, Mega Man 11 is coming out. So some of their biggest properties will be relatively fresh in people's minds. Like you'll have Megaman, DMC, MonHun, Resident Evil, plus all of Capcom's fighting game history and maybe a couple legacy wildcards. That could make a decent roster, although pretty laughable when compared to what a Marvel-based roster could do.

Hmm...thinking about it more...I dunno if there's enough hype around Capcom characters anymore. They were pretty emblematic in the late 90's early aughts but have lost a lot of their cachet over the years and Capcom is only starting to turn it around.

The Kins posted:

Namco's also doing Smash on top of that (how is one publisher so prolific in this genre!?), and NRS is owned by WB so the odds of them being allowed on the same street as a Disney IP are pretty low.

The only possibility I can think of is some Squeenix-owned studio since they're already working on a few Marvel games... but that would be very unlikely to be a traditional arcade-style fighter.

I could easily see a Dissidia-style Marvel game. Although I don't know anything about Dissidia really so I have no idea if that's a good thing or not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Capcom could do a self contained crossover game, but they don't really seem into the idea of intercompany crossovers for anything other than DLC costumes/modes or card game stuff. I don't necessarily think it'd make a ton of money, but I can't imagine with smart spending and a good development cycle they couldn't make something akin to like what BBTAG is doing that wouldn't get people playing it. I mean like three different series already crossover to make what is the world of Street Fighter, they can do something fun with that stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Capcom should lend Sega the Street Fighter license to make a Street Fighter Yakuza game.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they should get french bread to make a street fighter. and arcsys to make a marvel.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
CVS... 3

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Noticing a weird issue where my throw OS will be read by the game like I plinked the buttons, even if I seemingly hit the buttons at the same time. I don't remember having any issues doing a throw OS when I first started, though. Is it possible that it could be an issue with my aging Qanba Q1 PCB, or am I just getting sloppy?

dhamster fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 4, 2018

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’d buy an Examu Marvel game. I’d throw my money at it so loving hard.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Resident Evil Fighterz

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

I’d buy an Examu Marvel game. I’d throw my money at it so loving hard.

Disney Presents: Marvel vs. Nitroplus

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have to imagine it would be extremely low effort for Marvel to take something like Strike Force and throw all the character models and animations into a fight engine and sell it digitally.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
The simple, relatively low cost option Marvel can do is port CoC(k) to consoles

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dhamster posted:

Noticing a weird issue where my throw OS will be read by the game like I plinked the buttons, even if I seemingly hit the buttons at the same time. I don't remember having any issues doing a throw OS when I first started, though. Is it possible that it could be an issue with my aging Qanba Q1 PCB, or am I just getting sloppy?

As buttons wear out they tend to require you press the plunger further to activate them. This could cause inconsistency with simultaneous button presses. If you open up a Sanwa button switch and look at how it's made it will be apparent why this is the case. You can try taking it apart (this is really easy) and bending the contacts closer together if they are bowed out slightly. This is a temporary fix though and once it gets to the level of wear where the metal ball is eating into the plastic slope and bending the contacts out, it's just a matter of time before it should just be replaced.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm here's some news I suppose. The chaos code folks have put out a new freeware game, Angels of Battle, and rebranded, changing their studio name from FK Digital to Border Violation, which is a badass name. You can download the game here if you want to get a Trojan from doujinshi games https://www.facebook.com/AOBBV/post...86168052026965/

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
does it have rollback

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It probably doesn't have online if I had to guess

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

As buttons wear out they tend to require you press the plunger further to activate them. This could cause inconsistency with simultaneous button presses. If you open up a Sanwa button switch and look at how it's made it will be apparent why this is the case. You can try taking it apart (this is really easy) and bending the contacts closer together if they are bowed out slightly. This is a temporary fix though and once it gets to the level of wear where the metal ball is eating into the plastic slope and bending the contacts out, it's just a matter of time before it should just be replaced.

Thanks, that's really helpful. That's probably it, I've had the same set of silent sanwa buttons for ~2.5 years. Is taking a button apart the best way to see if it's starting to wear out?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dhamster posted:

Thanks, that's really helpful. That's probably it, I've had the same set of silent sanwa buttons for ~2.5 years. Is taking a button apart the best way to see if it's starting to wear out?

no theres not too much you can get out of that. the easiest way is swapping it for another button, like the rightmost buttons on your stick (if you have 8 buttons) and feeling if theres a difference. buttons wear out gradually so you don't realize how bad they are getting but if you've had the same buttons for 2.5 years its probably time to get new ones.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SVC2

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

RiteAid 2

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Are you ready

Tekken x Street Fighter

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

chumbler posted:

Capcom should lend Sega the Street Fighter license to make a Street Fighter Yakuza game.

Sega should lend Team Ninja or Namco the Virtua Fighter license to make Virtua Fighter 6

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Are you ready

Tekken x Street Fighter

this would probably have been good, too bad sfxt sucked so bad they were ashamed to be associated with it

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Zand posted:

no theres not too much you can get out of that. the easiest way is swapping it for another button, like the rightmost buttons on your stick (if you have 8 buttons) and feeling if theres a difference. buttons wear out gradually so you don't realize how bad they are getting but if you've had the same buttons for 2.5 years its probably time to get new ones.

yeah I just went ahead and bought some new buttons. I had a $10 off code at FA so it was only about twelve bucks to get a full set. Worth it to not get an unwanted H button right in someone's face

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
We need Project X Zone, but actually a fighting game. All grapplers will tremble at the might that is Segata Sanshiro.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

https://twitter.com/hookganggod/status/1047747673024073728?s=21

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Still waiting patiently for Kellogg's X General Mills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1047884779214053376

It's safe! We can all calm down now! Those horrible SJWs haven't taken our bouncy boobies away! Our video games won't be censored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!