Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

this is some galaxy brain poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They have my full attention

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

PARK IS GONNA KILL YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

is he trying to look like Alberto in that pic

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Maybe Gabe cutting Hot Sauce loose will be a wake up call that being Drew Gulak Jr also requires having literally any charisma.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy poo poo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dia De Los Luchadores better have a luchador in each match

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MJF better bleed buckets to make that booking worth it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Oh my!

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Well, they did the only thing that could get me to care about that show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/1047658254732541952

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

#PleaseClap

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

#PleaseClap

I think it is a huge self-own.

Social media being social media it is just asking people to dunk on you.

Few promoters I interact with would do this would do this out of actual promotional identity or personal pride.

AND Gabe is paid to cultivate talent by WWE.

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 4, 2018

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Seriously I've been an Evolve apologist for a while because I always have fun at their shows, but it was blatantly obvious that the last show's card was slapped together at the very last minute (it didn't even match the card they gave out at the event), and I don't really care about following it when it's not in New York.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Seriously I've been an Evolve apologist for a while because I always have fun at their shows, but it was blatantly obvious that the last show's card was slapped together at the very last minute (it didn't even match the card they gave out at the event), and I don't really care about following it when it's not in New York.
This is sort of where I am, I guess. Even as deflated as the product can feel both post-big 3 leaving and in general, Janela-Drake killed at the last show. La Boom shows are a blast in general, and even with the annoying ticket price hike last time, I still left satisfied. The June show in Brooklyn was just weird, different, and good enough to be an incredibly memorable experience live, with the strong heel/babyface dynamic paying off big time in WALTER-Darby (one of the best matches and moments of the year) and Theory-Janela (one of the best moments of the year). And watching The Skulk get over big in NYC has been one of the more surprisingly fun things in wrestling this year.

But outside of going to the live shows in NYC, where they benefit from the commission and other expenses limiting the number of superindie type shows, and whatever other markets where they may be in a similar situation (are there any strong Detroit indies right now?), what IS the identity and pull of Evolve? Grapplefuck is long dead. ZSJ survived it and thrived, but he's gone now, as are Keith Lee and Matt Riddle, who then carried the company with him. The actual in-ring product isn't promoted as a WWE feeder, so it's not "the stars of tomorrow." Maybe it was about to be The Workrate Joey Janela Promotion, but Joey's injury obviously killed that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maybe they'll give Joey the book for Evolve and they do some cool stuff. Let Gabe take a vacation for a year and recharge his batteries. Or at least move him into a position where he's not the Do Everything And Answer To Mysterious WWE Masters Guy.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

going to this messy-rear end MLW show tonight, I guess

quote:

CARD:
LA Park vs. PCO

SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE THE DEAL MATCH
Jimmy Havoc vs. Sami Callihan

WHO IS THE ACE OF MLW?
"Filthy" Tom Lawlor vs. Shane "Swerve" Strickland

Hart Foundation vs. Rich Swann, ACH and Marko Stunt

Tommy Dreamer vs. Brody King

Signed to appear:
World Heavyweight Champion Low Ki
World Middleweight Champion MJF with Aria Blake
"Bad Boy" Joey Janela
Joey Ryan
Konnan
El Hijo de LA Park
Salina de la Renta
Tony Schiavone
Plus more!

i'm going to give GA standing a shot, though it looks like there's much less room for that than there was at joey janela's thing a couple months ago, so osmewhat worried. don't really care too much tho so may just get very drunk and find a box or some poo poo to stand on on the wall

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 4, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MLW is doing a 40 man Battle Riot on Friday April 5, opposite joey janela and joey Ryan shows

Mania weekend going to be impossible

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Where is that Park vs PCO card held at? La Boom?

Also, either the wreslers are going to be stretched thin that weekend or some new faces might emerge because of that Battle Riot, which would be a good thing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Where is that Park vs PCO card held at? La Boom?

Also, either the wreslers are going to be stretched thin that weekend or some new faces might emerge because of that Battle Riot, which would be a good thing.

Melrose Ballroom

Also lol they keep trying to play the spin the wheel make the deal video and it won't work

Also lol

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1048006979090878464?s=19

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
Also this intermission is way too long

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Signor posted:

Also this intermission is way too long

Come say hi I'm very bored in the LIJ hat under the BeIn sign on the curtain

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Nevermind the video is finally working after like 4 attempts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Next Friday night we debut in Austin, TX
AFS Cinema
8:00pm
All Ages Event
Tickets start at $20
8 big matches already signed with more to be announced.
Let's make this debut a success so we can keep coming back!
Get yours now at http://aawpro.ticketleap.com

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

Maybe they'll give Joey the book for Evolve and they do some cool stuff. Let Gabe take a vacation for a year and recharge his batteries. Or at least move him into a position where he's not the Do Everything And Answer To Mysterious WWE Masters Guy.
Gabe would rather fail by his own hand than succeed via someone else's.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

coconono posted:

But then that would just lead to Evolve booking his Nazi pal or Teddy Hart

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I went to Bar Wrestling last night and had a blast. The matches were short and nothing was exactly stand out. But the atmosphere and energy was great. Any show that ends with the audience singing along to NSync is a good time.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
EVOLVE Champion Jimmy Lloyd

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dunno where to post this here or the NXT thread. Woke up to reports/claims that Pete Dunne was severely injured and got a justifiable shock. Looked into it and the best I can tell it’s a cover after being pulled by WWE from a Destiny Wrestling card.

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!

abraham linksys posted:

Come say hi I'm very bored in the LIJ hat under the BeIn sign on the curtain

What happened with the Daga spot? Couldn’t tell if the ear thing was Loki stiffing him or if he bladed

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Dunno where to post this here or the NXT thread. Woke up to reports/claims that Pete Dunne was severely injured and got a justifiable shock. Looked into it and the best I can tell it’s a cover after being pulled by WWE from a Destiny Wrestling card.

saw same thing, thanks for trying to clarify it rov

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Signor posted:

What happened with the Daga spot? Couldn’t tell if the ear thing was Loki stiffing him or if he bladed

The EMS guys ran past me to the back, so either they were in on it (or not smartened up and thought it was legit) or, more likely, Low Ki did Low Ki things

Also right after that finish Teddy Hart showed up right next to me with his cat just hanging out aimlessly, lots of wrestlers doing what you'd expect tonight

Speaking of which that main ruled even if it was a bit short

e: to be clear the low ki spot was just an ear pull from what I could tell, no punches or anything

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 5, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUThSO9BVLM

Gets fun about 2:00 in

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I know he's not human but man that's a big guy to catch by yourself, and doesn't he have a broken rib or something?

https://twitter.com/wrestlesplania/status/1048048288606380032

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Daga might have cauliflower ear and it was probably busted

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1048035085675638785

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is a piece of business
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1048015550109167617

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There any way to stream that AAW show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

mania weekend thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870657