Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh yeah, this fight was glorious. Just two superhuman monster brutally beating the poo poo out of each other. Probably one of my favorites so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

My books. They could not prepare me for such tactics.

Is the implication that Sen ditched a match to let Wakatsuki fight the Fang?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

Is the implication that Sen ditched a match to let Wakatsuki fight the Fang?

Wakatsuki mentioned before, his other loss came from Sen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wish it was possible to read the wiki to find stuff like this out when you forget except whoever filled it in did it based on the raws

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Uhh that’s not how I expected this to go. In fact I assumed there’d be another chapter before moving on. Am I missing something or was Wakatsuki using his injured foot with those last few kicks?

Overall it does seem like the winners of this round are getting the poo poo kicked out of them. Which I think is going to lead to upsets as people take advantage of that fact

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Stay safe in the next match Jun :ohdear:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Fellis posted:

Stay safe in the next match Jun :ohdear:

BELIEVE IN THE PRO WRESTLING WHO BELIEVES IN YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

muteba vs jun

muteba is going to kill jun. but wait! jun was just acting!

...still acting!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so who's julius going to make friends with first now that he's lost?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He'll probably just stick with Hayami's bunch because they're all a bunch of antisocial dorks who would rather be plotting attacks on the tournament instead of hanging out with Adam Dudley

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

doing another reread of the early chapters and with how ohma fought kaburagi koji a blind off against muteba could be good

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Jose posted:

so who's julius going to make friends with first now that he's lost?

The crazy doctor.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It turns out that maybe it helps to have some techniques even if you're like, really, really strong.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Calling that Muteba will be winning the next fight up until he accidentally trips over one of the massive craters that have now been punched in the arena floor and breaks his neck.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm not upset with the result of the fight but I do hope Julius hangs around and has good taste in tshirts

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So Hayami hired like a dozen fighters, got two extra spots and all his fighters lost in the first actual official fight they took part in.
A brilliant bid for the Chairman seat.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

verbal enema posted:

I'm not upset with the result of the fight but I do hope Julius hangs around and has good taste in tshirts

He has been wearing that speedo in every panel he's been in. I think he has evolved past the need for most clothing.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

JamMasterJim posted:

So Hayami hired like a dozen fighters, got two extra spots and all his fighters lost in the first actual official fight they took part in.

Yeah I can't wait for his reaction next chapter but no way a guy like that doesn't have a plan B and C for a situation like this

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

JamMasterJim posted:

There's a reason why he's been chasing after the seat for so long without winning it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

JamMasterJim posted:

Despite nikaido ren getting absolutely ruined in his first fight he was confident in their behind the scenes activity lol

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Uhh that’s not how I expected this to go. In fact I assumed there’d be another chapter before moving on. Am I missing something or was Wakatsuki using his injured foot with those last few kicks?

Overall it does seem like the winners of this round are getting the poo poo kicked out of them. Which I think is going to lead to upsets as people take advantage of that fact

I think Wakatsuki has been practicing that kick as well because he assumed the fang might figure out a way to stop the BLAST CORE.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i forgot that Sen knows Niko and also schooled Ohma's admittedly injured advance form and it was shown really early on

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

i forgot that Sen knows Niko and also schooled Ohma's admittedly injured advance form and it was shown really early on

Sen has been a sleeper this whole time. All we really know is that he’s flighty af. Also everyone who knows who he is; knows he’s mad stronk

The fact that he beat Wakatsuki at some previous point in time attests to that fact

AtomikKrab posted:

I think Wakatsuki has been practicing that kick as well because he assumed the fang might figure out a way to stop the BLAST CORE.

It’s time for secret techniques to start coming out

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

It turns out that maybe it helps to have some techniques even if you're like, really, really strong.

It's sort of implied that Raian could have definitely beaten Ohma if he had used Kure techniques, but Raian was simply unwilling to win in any way other than sheer power.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

It's sort of implied that Raian could have definitely beaten Ohma if he had used Kure techniques, but Raian was simply unwilling to win in any way other than sheer power.

Yeah, particularly with Agito's assessment of Raian in mind. Definitely paints the picture of a dude who could have gone all the way in this tournament, but ended up falling relatively early due to his own personality getting in the way.

Funny how that essentially ended up being the case with both of the fighters Agito mentioned to Wakatsuki

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Completely agree with Fang, Waka is really loving dull. He relies on pure power waaay to much. This fight would have been better if it was before Raian vs Ohma, in which Ohma used technique to defeat Raian vs just pure brute force.

On the last page was it a translation error when it was said "What made the ultimate difference was TACTICS"?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not sure how that's a typo, Wakatsuki tricked Julius into thinking he was going for a Blast Core to the vitals when he was actually planning to use a kick. That's a feint right there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah, particularly with Agito's assessment of Raian in mind. Definitely paints the picture of a dude who could have gone all the way in this tournament, but ended up falling relatively early due to his own personality getting in the way.

Funny how that essentially ended up being the case with both of the fighters Agito mentioned to Wakatsuki

It's also a nice parallel to how Erio, during his time as the Fang, once lost in a Kengan match and got so motivated to get better that he returned to the Kure Clan and studied up every technique his family had.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Suspicious Lump posted:

Completely agree with Fang, Waka is really loving dull. He relies on pure power waaay to much. This fight would have been better if it was before Raian vs Ohma, in which Ohma used technique to defeat Raian vs just pure brute force.

On the last page was it a translation error when it was said "What made the ultimate difference was TACTICS"?

...He won the fight by tricking his opponent and pulling out a clever move that he hadn't ever shown off before and his opponent didn't expect, which is basically the definition of tactics.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm rereading some earlier chapters, and this panel is kind of funny in retrospect (since it is very clearly not true given later events):

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RARE DANBERU UPDATE.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/459056/1

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That series better end with Hibiki winding up as a Kengan participant.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The author did say that if there was a female-only Kengan tournament, Karla would probably win cause she's super strong.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kure sensei is best girl you cannot prove me wrong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

Kure sensei is best girl you cannot prove me wrong.

I'm not arguing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

The author did say that if there was a female-only Kengan tournament, Karla would probably win cause she's super strong.

I'm pretty sure the Kure clan has all the women who could fight in this manga so I'm very unsurprised.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure the Kure clan has all the women who could fight in this manga so I'm very unsurprised.

It's actually a bit surprising there are no women fighters, since they're clearly okay with huge weight class differences (and you have folks like hair dude or Cosmo, who are pretty small).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think one of the captains of the Bodyguards is a woman, but that's the only one I know (beyond Karla and the other Kure).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

It's actually a bit surprising there are no women fighters, since they're clearly okay with huge weight class differences (and you have folks like hair dude or Cosmo, who are pretty small).

Kengan Matches are Men-only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Having women would mean you’re okay with someone pulling a julius-this-chapter on them.
:thinking: