Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I guess you did in one of your only real opinions of the day. It was so early in the game I forgot about it.

Please stop being a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Fun fact, the company that made the werewolf card game also made a word game version called “Were-words”.

I was in the promo video they used as part of the Kickstarter!

Link!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Please stop being a jerk.

No offense, but stop being overly sensitive.

I'm not calling you names or being overly aggressive. I'm simply stating my belief that you didn't post very many actual opinions on D1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Rereading BK he mentions he’d vote for IP but that he thought he was town (which now makes sense), what’s interesting is he doesn’t engage with the IS case at all just says he feels better voting for IP, despite thinking he’s both town and being genuine.

This is interesting.

More and more I'm thinking BK is going to flip scum and there are no shenanigans involved. Since surely if he was town he would have more to say on his way out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

That is what seemed to have happened at night, but a ninja wouldn't pop the loudmouth.

I don't remember if Pod has ever used a role that mimics the appearance of someone, but they are known to exist. I think a redirect would also work, but I don't know if a redirector would visit both targets. I'm not sure how a bus driver would work here either.

Yeah, the solution is pretty complex if its not BK. Like, either bus driver who doesn't show up on his targets along with a ninja? Or some kind of mimic/disguise role that was able to activate immediately on the first night rather than having to first visit who they are mimic'ing? None of this seems especially likely. It is probably just BK.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Also is BK is scum then KB could also be scum.

Two things. One, I already pointed this out. Me, you and Max at the very least all defended BK. So are all possibly defending a scum buddy if he is scum. Two, I really don't think there would ever be a reason strong enough that I would kill Asiina on N1 of a game. She's one of my favorite people. And unlike you, I don't kill people just because they are suspicious of me. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

What if this is the max-TMM two man scum gambit

I considered this. But if so, they are both doing a fabulous job. This is very much TMM's town game at the very least.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I considered this. But if so, they are both doing a fabulous job. This is very much TMM's town game at the very least.

Yeah I don’t think it is at all, I always just wish scum were trying crazy poo poo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, the solution is pretty complex if its not BK. Like, either bus driver who doesn't show up on his targets along with a ninja? Or some kind of mimic/disguise role that was able to activate immediately on the first night rather than having to first visit who they are mimic'ing? None of this seems especially likely. It is probably just BK.

The mimic/disguise thing could be a day action.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Day actions, unless it's an anonymous vote, tend to not be hidden.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

A public mimic action wouldn’t really work

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, in general I've only seen mimics work by first targeting someone on night x, and then being allowed to actually use the role night x+1.

But I don't really think that happened and poo poo is just straightforward.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I mean, in general I've only seen mimics work by first targeting someone on night x, and then being allowed to actually use the role night x+1.

But I don't really think that happened and this is just straightforward.

The weirdest autocorrect ever.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I don’t think it is at all, I always just wish scum were trying crazy poo poo

I promise that when I'm scum in a game I'll try some stupid gambit just for you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

The weirdest autocorrect ever.

It still worked

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Sorry, was on the phone with my dad.

I’m a watcher (busybody) and was watching TMM, so this parrot thing is very confusing to me! Nobody visited TMM. But I don’t even begin to have the requisite information to explain this

Also I'd like some clarification from BK here.

Are you a Watcher (Busybody) or are you Vanilla (Busybody) and the busybody is the flavor name for the watch action?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

you were just in a game that had redeeming a ticket as a day action that wasn't public.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

So... was hesitating to ask, but especially as things have quieted a smidge, curious. Would anyone like to explain their case to IS or at least confirm that I've got the right of it, as I'm not sure if I have it? Seems to be around a few posts IS made, mostly:

IllegallySober posted:

Catch-up thoughts:

I read the initial TMM response as mostly joking, so not really buying this case even for D1.

This initial BK response to Bif I agree with and made me lean town on BK and scum on Bif.

I’m not going to go too hard into the “sussing out” back-and-forth that followed that exchange because it makes my eyes glaze over.

Triggered me (I am a football official)

Between the two (BK/Bif), I think Bif comes off very aggressive (as per usual) and BK seems to over-justify as the conversation continues on. I think I have more of a town lean on BK and a more null read on Bif (as aggression is her usual style) as opposed to a scum read on either one.

While I was typing all this on mobile I see there’s now a discussion on Solus’ quote-post so looking at that next.

and

IllegallySober posted:

Re-reading Hal he’s essentially a blank slate to me as far as any kind of strong opinions thus far.

This is the only substantive post by MMT I can find:

I disagree with her opinion here re: BK, but at least she’s got an explanation for her thought process. And she did mention beforehand that early-week was tough for her and is catching up now, so we’ll see what that leads to.

I’m not sure where else to go right now. Somebody want to sell me on a case that isn’t BK, for the moment?

Yes? Perhaps my scumdar isn't necessarily the best but I dunno, I struggle to get a feeling of scuminess from this, I guess because it's mostly along the lines of things admittedly I'd have probably posted with a slightly more active D1. But I also get the argument that this is absolutely more background noise (easy to point people out as townie! v. scum) just, I dunno, to the point of having gotten up to 4 votes? Someone help me out a little, I guess. (Also, I think we're still waiting to hear from IS today, as well?)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mafia Dad Time: In the absence of super strong cases, day 1 lunches trend towards people who are hesitant to make any strong calls or votes. That second quote you have there read like a lot of equivocating and not really taking a stand on who, between BK and Bif, would end up being scum there. It's easier to make town calls because, well, it won't bother the person you're calling town. It's harder to come up with scum calls since that means you have to deal with making up reasons as to why that person is scum (unless you're bussing them.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My follow up to that would be: If you imagine yourself back on day 1 and IS isn't pinging you, who would you have rather been the lunch and why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I guess I’d say IS was making very surface level reads and looks like he’s trying to find something to talk about rather than actually reading the thread naturally and forming opinions if that makes sense

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Good morning, I’m catching up soon but have skimmed to here. Made the mistake of being in two active to semi-active games at once mid week. Will respond to the points against me shortly.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

I had a similar power in a different shine game. It was a shine power so it was limited, but I would broadcast the names of people that visited me every night. Making it a recurring normal role would be kind of OP against scum.

I also had this ability in Shine 1, I believe it was called "loudmouth" then.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I also had this ability in Shine 1, I believe it was called "loudmouth" then.

Yeah because that's what I called it in the first Scooby Doo game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although I think I had seen it in a different game before Scooby Doo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
But yeah, I think BK and IS are scum.

The only thing stopping me from saying "let's just vote BK, end the day, and see what happens from there" is that Pod mentioned a one-of bonus being offered this game day and I want to see what's up with that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same, things feel sort of stagnant atm.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Same, things feel sort of stagnant atm.

I will actually agree with you here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I want to make sure we wait until at least 24 hours till deadline to give everyone a chance to post and make sure Pod's lurker rules activate in case anyone isn't posting enough.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Murmur Twin posted:

The only thing stopping me from saying "let's just vote BK, end the day, and see what happens from there" is that Pod mentioned a one-of bonus being offered this game day and I want to see what's up with that.

Was this a thing in past shine games? Ie, does anyone have a sense of how it would work?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I believe it is new to this game, but don't hold me to that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hopefully Pod just throws and unreliable gun into the thread and anyone can grab it.

Or there is some super-cool minigame where we hunt buffalos or something

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I always felt bad shooting the buffalo.

Hooray, you got 800 lbs of meat!

You can only carry 100

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Max posted:

I always felt bad shooting the buffalo.

Hooray, you got 800 lbs of meat!

You can only carry 100

Authentic to the true pioneer wildlife management historical experience.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

No from my recollection (since I'm on my phone), you sided with bif while KB sided with BK (as did i).

Then why aren't you scum by that same application of logic? :v:

Anyhow I too kind of sided with BK by saying I felt less sure of bif after the exchange.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The only reason I would mind ending the day soon after whatever event comes up is we still need some lurkers to check in more.

I was reading Humalong's posts and then realised they were ALL from D1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh I forgot about the bonus. I was going to suggest we push the bk lynch when I woke up to progress things but the bonus and

King Burgundy posted:

I want to make sure we wait until at least 24 hours till deadline to give everyone a chance to post and make sure Pod's lurker rules activate in case anyone isn't posting enough.

This means yeah we hold off for at least a while longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

The only reason I would mind ending the day soon after whatever event comes up is we still need some lurkers to check in more.

I was reading Humalong's posts and then realised they were ALL from D1

Oh gently caress u forgot humalongs is in the game

• Locked thread