Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Xad posted:

I didn't realize being a replacement made me less scummy

It’s like when an old pinball machine reaches 9999 then flips back around to zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Honestly I’d be a bad candidate.

Hey, you or max? I’ve got a favour to return.

uhhh im not sure about your favours

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

MMT’s been cool and good all game and TMM’s posts seemed wayyyy too panicky. Not going to let scum try for their own candidate.

no one besides her had any assist votes yet. Is there any special reason you had to lock this down so fast?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

interesting

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

no one besides her had any assist votes yet. Is there any special reason you had to lock this down so fast?

You mean other than the reason I gave in the post you quoted? I’ve had a solid town read on MMT all game so I saw an opportunity to make sure Town got the power.

Not a fan of that outcome?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

uhhh im not sure about your favours

One bespoke gobby for Max it is!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

not a fan of her second choice mayhaps

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

aren't all gobbies bespoke ?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I wouldn’t know :smith:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Hint: It's because he's scum with MMT.

I actually thought MMT was sounding pretty townie and then I went and looked at the posts and saw what I saw about the votes. And while I do realize that scum don't always throw a light bus at their teammates, it's certainly known to happen and it certainly does feel like it could be one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

You mean other than the reason I gave in the post you quoted? I’ve had a solid town read on MMT all game so I saw an opportunity to make sure Town got the power.

Not a fan of that outcome?

I thought she was casing enough to probably not have her scum allergy this time, but everyone apparently deciding out of nowhere that she's THE towniest all of a sudden, plus you locking it in already has me fuckin paranoid now

##vote Asphyxious

(still gonna vote BK, but consider this a writeup)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's like, the worst try at a case bif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bif's approaching today ticking off team aussie, first me, now gaspy. i've got this impression of bif going through her checklist of what makes bif look town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought she was casing enough to probably not have her scum allergy this time, but everyone apparently deciding out of nowhere that she's THE towniest all of a sudden, plus you locking it in already has me fuckin paranoid now

##vote Asphyxious

(still gonna vote BK, but consider this a writeup)

Faaaaaaake.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

bif's approaching today ticking off team aussie, first me, now gaspy. i've got this impression of bif going through her checklist of what makes bif look town.

So do you think that the Bif/BK fight was actually a scum/scum fight?

And then they both publicly backed off each other so obviously?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I made the right choice. No way was I going to assist TMM or Studies but thanks for confirming you were a bad bet too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

well yeah i dunno now.

like i read your post and thought hmm yeah okay, but as you point out it'd have to be pretty well done if that whole thing was confected.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i didn't feel the mmt thing either so wasn't going to comment on your post at that time. well i lie i actually was gonna joke that it is probably easier for you to make a list of who isn't scum because you've nearly fingered half the thread

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy don't give me that poo poo, it was worth at least discussing more. But you're acting like you swooped in to save everyone from the big bad scum push to vote for... nobody else!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Do we get anything for just searching for ourselves? I assume no, and it's only whoever searches with help and the one-shot is the only reward, but wanted to make sure.

hambeet posted:

I've had a similar gut feeling about bif's posts all game (well, the whole time I was catching up at least), it's not like her posts are explicitly scummy, but they seem like bif doing a bif impersonation, which seems like a confusing thing for town to do

Bifauxnen posted:

sometimes I think Mafia isn't really about casing, it's about letting out all your aggression into punishing people for not interpreting reality the way you do

Bifauxnen posted:

you can't even tell when I am literally writing a post ABOUT myself god

these two posts in particular stick out to me as being very, uh, meta-self-conscious

I'm pretty ok with voting BK later today, nobody else seems to be defending them or refuting the parrotclaim

Before asiina had dead-posted about a bird (kinda confirming that it was her I guess? Is that allowed?) I was worried it might've been a scum announcement ability, like in Prey maf. Though in that game it was used for much more hilarious and less productive purposes

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

bah wait gently caress, I literally forgot that BK was the one bif got in a fight with d1 :doh:

why are there so many similar names in this game

MMT/TMM
BK/KB
IS/IP

who did this

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

well yeah i dunno now.

like i read your post and thought hmm yeah okay, but as you point out it'd have to be pretty well done if that whole thing was confected.

I quoted this and was going to tell you to look at the MMT vote for BK and then how she moved away from it.

hambeet posted:

i didn't feel the mmt thing either so wasn't going to comment on your post at that time. well i lie i actually was gonna joke that it is probably easier for you to make a list of who isn't scum because you've nearly fingered half the thread

I'm the only person I know isn't scum. I'm trying to narrow it down, but man, everyone in this game is scummy as poo poo.

I'm coming around on the idea that BK is actually scum and if he is then I think MMT/Gaspy are scum with him. It's also possible that IS is scum too and MMT went for a double bus, but that seems a bit risky.

With a 16 player game, I'm expecting to most likely see 4 non town, either as a 4 person scum team or 3 scum + 1 SK/Survivor, but it could possibly be 5 non town as a big 5 person scum team or 4 scum + 1 SK/Survivor. Although given that we only had 1 NK to start D2, I'm thinking there's probably just a single scum team and maybe a survivor out there.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xad posted:

Do we get anything for just searching for ourselves? I assume no, and it's only whoever searches with help and the one-shot is the only reward, but wanted to make sure.

I've had a similar gut feeling about bif's posts all game (well, the whole time I was catching up at least), it's not like her posts are explicitly scummy, but they seem like bif doing a bif impersonation, which seems like a confusing thing for town to do

these two posts in particular stick out to me as being very, uh, meta-self-conscious

I'm pretty ok with voting BK later today, nobody else seems to be defending them or refuting the parrotclaim

Before asiina had dead-posted about a bird (kinda confirming that it was her I guess? Is that allowed?) I was worried it might've been a scum announcement ability, like in Prey maf. Though in that game it was used for much more hilarious and less productive purposes

i literally had the bold bit written out and changed it to what i eventually posted.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I quoted this and was going to tell you to look at the MMT vote for BK and then how she moved away from it.

I'm the only person I know isn't scum. I'm trying to narrow it down, but man, everyone in this game is scummy as poo poo.

yeah as i said it was a joke, but yes this game is not super clear cut and i dont know if it's because of other games currently on or we just started off so chill we're all very relaxed. what i just pointed out about bif is the strongest thing i've felt all day and it's not a lot tbh

quote:

I'm coming around on the idea that BK is actually scum and if he is then I think MMT/Gaspy are scum with him. It's also possible that IS is scum too and MMT went for a double bus, but that seems a bit risky.

With a 16 player game, I'm expecting to most likely see 4 non town, either as a 4 person scum team or 3 scum + 1 SK/Survivor, but it could possibly be 5 non town as a big 5 person scum team or 4 scum + 1 SK/Survivor. Although given that we only had 1 NK to start D2, I'm thinking there's probably just a single scum team and maybe a survivor out there.

coming around to bk being scum? what were the alternatives at this stage?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I guess we could been in a scum/SK game and the scum team got unlucky and their kill got blocked while an SK BK killed Asiina since she was the most vocal that BK was scum.

That could let Bif be scum and the Bif/BK fight was scum/SK fighting and the rest of us just didn't know it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

coming around to bk being scum? what were the alternatives at this stage?

I'm still concerned that it was a curveball and somehow the results got messed up, but the lack of participation from BK is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xad posted:

bah wait gently caress, I literally forgot that BK was the one bif got in a fight with d1 :doh:

why are there so many similar names in this game

MMT/TMM
BK/KB
IS/IP

who did this

and people keep calling bk beek which is too similar to beet so again im double taking.

so i'm gonna rebrand everyone for simplicity.

mmt can now be mumsy
tmm can now be madman
bk can now be bottleshop
kb can now be 'the king' (always in quotes)
is can now be pisspot
ip can now be RIP (heheh geddit?)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

hambeet posted:

i literally had the bold bit written out and changed it to what i eventually posted.

lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I'm still concerned that it was a curveball and somehow the results got messed up, but the lack of participation from BK is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

okay, we've probably allocated a few brain cells to that idea since the flip, but it's never gonna be a real possibility that we can prove. he was always gonna get lynched. waxing lyrical about that prior to the lynch is more eyebrow raising than just steaming ahead blindly to the lynch imo.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

I mean I guess we could been in a scum/SK game and the scum team got unlucky and their kill got blocked while an SK BK killed Asiina since she was the most vocal that BK was scum.

That could let Bif be scum and the Bif/BK fight was scum/SK fighting and the rest of us just didn't know it.

I think that's overcomplicating things a bit

at least at this point in the game (only one kill per night, and only D2), a SK is indistinguishable from town imo, no use trying to find a role that may not exist

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

okay, we've all probably allocated a few brain cells to that idea since the flip, but it's never gonna be a real possibility that we can prove. he was always gonna get lynched. waxing lyrical about that prior to the lynch is more eyebrow raising than just steaming ahead blindly to the lynch imo.

ugh see bold because i FORGOT a loving word

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh and i forgot another word. gently caress it, im sure you'll get what i mean

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bonus Time Over!

Final Count
TMMadman: N/A
Social Studies 3rd Period: N/A
Murmur Twin: Max, hambeet, Asphyxious
sniper4625: N/A
Bifauxnen: N/A

A small group of searchers led by Murmur Twin come back, looking rather satisfied with what they've found. Noting that the shadows are starting to lengthen, the others who went out to search are quickly called back and the wagon train gets underway again.

---

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

BottleKnight (3): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, sniper4625, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Hal Incandenza
Asphyxious (1): Bifauxnen
hambeet (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Max (0): TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (10): Asphyxious, BottleKnight, hambeet, IllegallySober, Max, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period, TMMadman, Xad :rubshands:

With 14 people still alive, it takes 8 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 05th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 45 minutes.

Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just checked and studies and pisspot have barely more posts than the mod. which is sorta problematic. actually studies you're equal posts with someone who was lynched yesterday. giddy up champ

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

just checked and studies and pisspot have barely more posts than the mod. which is sorta problematic. actually studies you're equal posts with someone who was lynched yesterday. giddy up champ

I've been trying today so far!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

I've been trying today so far!

if mod gave you a gun right now who would you shoot?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and why, obviously.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

I am quite upset with pisspot

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the name or their lack of posting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Given that BK is 100% going to flip scum I don’t like this being slipped in here. How would I be scum if BK is?

From your posting today good odds you’re the 3P, I noticed from your inflections that you’re posting in a vacuum but I think that’s not the town tell I thought it was.

• Locked thread