Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Also I got a result from assisting MMT, not sure if it means something to her but it’s a bit cryptic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Also I got a result from assisting MMT, not sure if it means something to her but it’s a bit cryptic.

as did i, was waiting to see mmt post

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

because my hot take from my pm was that maybe we all found something a bit different with mmt that combines to make voltron the one shot thingo

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

as did i, was waiting to see mmt post

Hmm waited a bit to mention that did you.

RUMBLED.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress im caught

see bif that's how it's done.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

because my hot take from my pm was that maybe we all found something a bit different with mmt that combines to make voltron the one shot thingo

I’m thinking that too so guessing we found something similar.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you say similar i say different

lets call the whole thing off

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

if mod gave you a gun right now who would you shoot?

With the caveats of one - I assume we're excluding BK from this because, yeah - and two... assuming this is a 'gun to my head and gun in my hand' situation, because I'm not sure how strongly I feel on these, which is part of the problem--

Gaspy, I think. Partially for when and how the vote on IP, partially for the vote to assist MMT just a bit ago - while I hope MMT will be an alright candidate for receiving the one-shot, but I don't know if I like the end of discussion so suddenly, either. But also acknowledging that's pretty weak. That said...

One of TMM or maybe Bif? So far I've generally been agreeing with some of the general points, but based on the vague lines of discussion, seeing a flip on either of them I think would be an interesting piece of the grander puzzle.

also dumb newbie question, maybe, but: what does '3P' refer to? I've seen it mentioned around one or two places i think but i'm not sure i get it from the context?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

With the caveats of one - I assume we're excluding BK from this because, yeah - and two... assuming this is a 'gun to my head and gun in my hand' situation, because I'm not sure how strongly I feel on these, which is part of the problem--

Gaspy, I think. Partially for when and how the vote on IP, partially for the vote to assist MMT just a bit ago - while I hope MMT will be an alright candidate for receiving the one-shot, but I don't know if I like the end of discussion so suddenly, either. But also acknowledging that's pretty weak. That said...

One of TMM or maybe Bif? So far I've generally been agreeing with some of the general points, but based on the vague lines of discussion, seeing a flip on either of them I think would be an interesting piece of the grander puzzle.

also dumb newbie question, maybe, but: what does '3P' refer to? I've seen it mentioned around one or two places i think but i'm not sure i get it from the context?

3rd Party (3p), not scum or town aligned. normally have own win condition.

So just to clarify you want to shoot (in order) gaspy or tmm or bif? or gaspy and tmm or bif?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

The only people who are going to be annoyed with me assisting MMT are frustrated scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xad posted:

these two posts in particular stick out to me as being very, uh, meta-self-conscious

did you notice the second one was in direct response to him posting ironicat? Cause that is not how irony loving works.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah! It's like raaaaiiiiin on your wedding day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Yeah! It's like raaaaiiiiin on your wedding day.

its like Anidav saying "don't speculate"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anyway ##vote bk

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Hey Beet what if it’s a riddle.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Hey Beet what if it’s a riddle.

What we found?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

This is where I’m really missing out masonry because I literally can’t point out what I mean in the thread without giving too much away.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

What we found?

Yeah. There’s some of the elements and word choices that struck me as odd, thinking more than just pod being flavourful.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmmmm I don't know if this is a linguistics thing because while it's certainly embellished it's not that enigmatic of a message I thought

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

But yeah shaggy and Scooby 4 life

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Hmmmm I don't know if this is a linguistics thing because while it's certainly embellished it's not that enigmatic of a message I thought

Yeah I’m probably getting fired up over nothing :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah there's no point stringing this out.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Guess Xad's fairly caught up, all I'm waiting for is to see if MT wants to comment or do anything before end of day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beet if that’s wordplay I got the same message.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like it’s not ambiguous what the item is.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

There was a lot of wordplay, I think we’ve all got the same message, so it’s just a case of seeing what MMT can do with it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I just woke up so I probably missed yours.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

Like it’s not ambiguous what the item is.

Probs just an item yah? I thought all the embellishments might have been important but it’s probably just pod being pod.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Swinging in the breeze here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

Gonna be a real barnburner!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok I know what you mean.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lmao

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I am here for the foreseeable future (as I just finished working a half-hour shift, lol).

I found a Singed Lasso as a result of the search. It gives me a one-shot roleblock.

There wasn't much flavor at all, other than it being found in the remains of a burned up barn. I'm honestly not sure what people are referring to but welcome any questions / information that anyone might have.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

hambeet posted:

Max posted:

Asphyxious posted:

Gonna be a real barnburner!

Mafia is no place for puns :colbert:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

P much that, though it being a lasso is a lot better than what I expected from the description

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah I totally expected a lynching something or other.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Yeah I totally expected a lynching something or other.

Same I thought it was a vig or something. Maybe a one shot Hated.

Roleblock could be useful though!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I'm coming around on the idea that BK is actually scum and if he is then I think MMT/Gaspy are scum with him. It's also possible that IS is scum too and MMT went for a double bus, but that seems a bit risky.

I feel confident that Gaspy is town. I'm having a lot of trouble making an alignment call on TMM because

(a) he's giving me the impression that he's scumhunting / putting thought and work in, but
(b) I don't agree with any of the conclusions that he's coming to

I'm suspicious of the fact that TMM has had so much to say about Max (who doesn't seem suspicious to me) and then me, while barely having anything to say about the contents of the case on IS. Here are some posts in a nutshell that sum up my case there:

BottleKnight posted:

Do you have any examples? Because I’m not really feeling IP or IS for scum and this is the part of your post that pokes out to me the most

When I was casing IS, BK says that he disagrees with my scum read there, but doesn't really explain any reasons regarding why. He later votes for IP, despite saying he has a town read there as well.

Full disclosure: I'm internally already assuming that BK is scum who NK'ed Asiina n1.

IllegallySober posted:

I disagree with her opinion here re: BK, but at least she’s got an explanation for her thought process. And she did mention beforehand that early-week was tough for her and is catching up now, so we’ll see what that leads to.

I’m not sure where else to go right now. Somebody want to sell me on a case that isn’t BK, for the moment?

---

I disagreed with your opinion of BK because you were suspicious of him and I read him for town at that point. That’s pretty much the extent of it, although I did say you at least had an explanation to back up your point of view.

When I was casing BK, IS says that he disagrees with my scum read there, but doesn't really explain any reasons regarding why. Even when I asked him why he disagreed with me, he didn't really go into any sort of detail.

TMM: in a hypothetical world where BK is dayvigged right now, flips scum, and this game day continues, who would your strongest suspect be?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I'm down to get this show on the road. ##vote BK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

cool, let's go

##vote BK

that makes -2

• Locked thread