Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter!!!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/459278/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jun is the loving best

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Furuichi cutting an apple for Wakatsuki is pretty :3:.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Jun is the loving best

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This is the fight I have been looking forward the most. Both of fighters the best., :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So Wakatsuki is effectively a Nogi fighter now with his bosses announcement of support?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Whoever called Jun breaking out a Cactus Jack persona for a hardcore deathmatch was right on.

Also, I really hope Nogi eats poo poo and ends up working for Kazzy the Walking Hostile Takeover.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

muteba has been blessed by jesus

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I would be happy with either fighter winning, they're both very entertaining. But it's probably gonna be Jun, there's no way he goes out this early, and Muteba analysing Wakatsuki prematurely basically sealed his doom.

Aug 24, 2011

i'm surprised muteba doesn't bring women in with him honestly

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
This match feels like it’s going to get brutal quick. Too bad there doesn’t seem to be a cage they could lower

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

tweet my meat posted:

I wanna see jun get completely mauled backstage and get subbed out only for the replacement be jun again except in a tie dye shirt with different mannerisms, mick foley style.

Hey I got pretty close!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really like Muteba after seeing more of his internal monologue. He's probably one of the most thoughtful and intelligent fighters.

But it's impossible to root against Jun, which is good because Muteba is underestimating him and is gonna get wrassled GO JUN

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 5, 2018

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If he's going with a Japanese hardcore wrestling gimmick then this is probably gonna be a pretty brutal fight for both competitors and holy poo poo I'm so excited.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Muteba has the best fighting name in the series so i want him to win

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

My boy Jun is gonna job today. Sorry about it but the gods of wrestling are gonna bring him down so his comeback is that much sweeter.

Aug 24, 2011

jun loses, then crashes an upcoming fight by elbow dropping from the stands

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Muteba fights and beats Hell's Angel Sekibayashi Jun in Round Two, but is in turn beaten by mysterious masked luchador Heaven's Devil Junshiyabaki Se in Round Three.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Marvelous Seki believes in pro wrestling and Muteba, barring any major twists in his backstory, does not believe in pro wrestling.

The outcome is clear.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Muteba is just too vicious of a motherfucker, dont see how Jun wins this tbh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how Muteba looks so happy all the time. Dude is just enjoying life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
reading early chapters again and when does everyone think we'll see this? the final?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I mean, he's presumably getting paid extremely well, two days ago he got to kill a man with his bare hands in front of a cheering crowd, and his time since then has been spent eating fine food, sleeping, and having sex with dozens of beautiful women.

Muteba's life is pretty loving great right now.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I think it would have been interesting if the backstage CEO conversation had been a bit more ambiguous and we would have to wonder if Jun was intentionally jobbing and if Gundai and Heavy Power were working together. He certainly has the acting chops to sell the fight performance.

Then Jun shows up on the other side of the bracket via the substitution rules of course.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

reading early chapters again and when does everyone think we'll see this? the final?

hmm, final seems obvy choice but I could see Ohma pulling it out early for someone to figure out a counter. Then he has to develop his own technique, on the fly, thus truly mastering Niko style and it becoming the Ohma style

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

Sometime before the final battle. It'll turn out to be a healing technique and he'll use it to recover and thus give him an enormous advantage over the severely bruised and injured Mikazuchi Rei.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
How the gently caress is Mutuba watching the fight on TV? He's loving blind not any more apparently

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Suspicious Lump posted:

How the gently caress is Mutuba watching the fight on TV? He's loving blind not any more apparently

He listens to the fighter's "motions" through the monitor apparently. Don't worry about it too much, it's anime blindness.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
New Chapter

Making that substitution was a brilliant move, Gandai

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That little recap looked absolutely brutal. :stonk:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I let out an audible gasp and paused on the page where it looked like Muteba had gouged Jun’s eyes out. But I did not have enough Faith in pro wrestling and drat it is impressibe how the author is making this fight dramatic

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This is the greatest fight in the entire series with just one chapter. Marvelous Seki just won a new fan.
Kaneda being a wrestling fan is also great

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This is going to be a good fight

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brought To You By posted:

Kaneda being a wrestling fan is also great

Katahara Metsudo being a wrestling fan is even better.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
loving hell this is going to be the best match in the tournament isn't it.

It seems like Jun is prepared for a more vicious fighting style, and holy poo poo that ddt panel looked cool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess Jose was sorta right about Seki not going for his usual gimmick.

I didn't expect Jun to bust out a new stage persona with a whole new gimmick, and even have Gandai use their own substitution just for the sake of that.

Like, that's fuckin' next level.

Jun's amazing.

Hell('s Angel) yeah!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hate-Senpai posted:

I guess Jose was sorta right about Seki not going for his usual gimmick.

I didn't expect Jun to bust out a new stage persona with a whole new gimmick, and even have Gandai use their own substitution just for the sake of that.

Like, that's fuckin' next level.

Jun's amazing.

Hell('s Angel) yeah!

Gandai's amazing too for going along with Jun's whims.

Aug 24, 2011

adam dudley pushing cosmo's wheelchair was a super pleasant touch as well

jun rules

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sumo Guy also enjoying watching Jun is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm going to miss Sekibayashi Jun, but Marvelous Seki is doing a great job as his replacement