Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
stupid question. are the red dead redemption games set in GTA world or a more realistic world. it doesn't matter but i have always been curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

neither

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Cultural Marxist posted:

Here’s a preview I enjoyed that goes out of its way to be [e: relatively] free of early game spoilers. All the guy wants to do is get some fishing done. Needless to say, shenanigans happen.

Red Bull RDR2 Preview

A couple of things stood out to me; some of the waterways sound like they can be pretty busy with canoes and paddle steamers (which I’m hoping you can board) and that your horse can swim, but if it runs out of stamina it drowns.

This is brilliant sounds like the kind of crap I'd end up doing

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Jose Mengelez posted:

hope they keep whoever's responsible for gta online very far away from rdr2 online tbh.

That guy was a coke head and they pushed him out of the company im pretty sure. There was some drama about it a couple years ago but i dont remember the details, i could have this all wrong.

E: oh poo poo that was benzies the guy who wanted more sp content and who saved the development of rdr. Welp. Single player will still probably be good lol.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 4, 2018

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

stupid question. are the red dead redemption games set in GTA world or a more realistic world. it doesn't matter but i have always been curious.
The first game mentions Manhattan and California. So it’s not the same as GTA’s fictional USA. But who knows if that ends up being retconned.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

"read dead redemption 2 is full of things to do!"

*cuts to two dudes pumping a handcar*

You're going to see a... Cow. On the roof... Of a cotton house.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jose Mengelez posted:

hope they keep whoever's responsible for gta online very far away from rdr2 online tbh.

GTAO is making them assloads of money, don't bet on it.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Today was the first time I'd logged into GTAO for quite some time, wanted to unlock the double-action revolver and stone hatchet for RDR2. Wasn't too bad, took around 30mins and you can do it in an invite-only lobby.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

BitBasher posted:

GTAO is making them assloads of money, don't bet on it.

The guy behind got booted out for being a cokehead pretty sure, but yeah even with them gone they're almost certainly just gonna do the same looking at how well it worked.

Edit:Whelp

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Pivit posted:

Today was the first time I'd logged into GTAO for quite some time, wanted to unlock the double-action revolver and stone hatchet for RDR2. Wasn't too bad, took around 30mins and you can do it in an invite-only lobby.

I have gta5 but never played online. Is this something I could do never having played before?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jose Mengelez posted:

Given how 2k treat their other franchise game, we should count ourselves very loving lucky that rockstar don’t seem to be putting in virtual currency to use for improving Arthur’s stats or getting a haircut.

Not that this in anyway excuses the inevitable micro transaction riddled multiplayer, but small mercies an all that.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Flooger posted:

I have gta5 but never played online. Is this something I could do never having played before?

Yes, just go through the online tutorials and make sure you select Invite Only lobby so you aren't harassed by psychopaths, then just drive around until you receive two emails on your phone with instructions for a treasure (the revolver) and from someone detailing a bounty hunting mission (which leads to the hatchet upon completion of several). It should only take an hour or two to get both weapons

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Zutaten posted:

harassed by psychopaths

Wheres muh single player story expansion rockstar

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yeah NBA 2K is a million times worse at microtransactions than gta online. It's not even for new content, it's basically the free to play model in a $60 game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is it really fair to call Shark Cards "micro"transactions, though?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Is it really fair to call Shark Cards "micro"transactions, though?

Seriously. Anything that gives you serious money is going to be $19.99 or more.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Tercio posted:

Seriously. Anything that gives you serious money is going to be $19.99 or more.

loving none of them give you serious money. The $100 one is like a few million, barely enough for one of the new vehicles

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zutaten posted:

Yes, just go through the online tutorials and make sure you select Invite Only lobby so you aren't harassed by psychopaths, then just drive around until you receive two emails on your phone with instructions for a treasure (the revolver) and from someone detailing a bounty hunting mission (which leads to the hatchet upon completion of several). It should only take an hour or two to get both weapons

So if I do it on PC would I be able to get these items for my PS4 copy of RDR2?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

UnknownMercenary posted:

So if I do it on PC would I be able to get these items for my PS4 copy of RDR2?

Also yes. It's linked to your Social Club account.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Also it's a mode that people either never play or only play, but EA Sports Ultimate Team is on the verge of being declared straight up gambling in some countries

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Has there been any information about the possibility of ballistic system in this game? It'd be cool if I can shoot through fences and wagon walls and stuff, but I don't know if Rockstar has ever implemented one.

Also, I hope I can kneecap fools in this game, I feel like GTA V toned down the Euphoria physics system a lot compared to RDR and GTA 4.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
its a shame because the GTA4 mod that let you press a button to hold onto whatever your hand was touching and shoot wherever you gnu was pointing made for some of the best ragdoll incidents ever

also i actually unironically liked the driving on ice model they used

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tumble posted:

Has there been any information about the possibility of ballistic system in this game? It'd be cool if I can shoot through fences and wagon walls and stuff, but I don't know if Rockstar has ever implemented one.

Also, I hope I can kneecap fools in this game, I feel like GTA V toned down the Euphoria physics system a lot compared to RDR and GTA 4.

One of the early screenshots showed what looked like a bullet splashing in the water after going through a guy’s head.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Tumble posted:

Some of these previews describe destructable cover objects like barrels and wagons and such. I don't think you'll be able to dynamite through a house but I expect a lot of splintered wooden crates and barrels after a good gunfight.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

One of the early screenshots showed what looked like a bullet splashing in the water after going through a guy’s head.

that was straight up video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE&t=342s

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Zutaten posted:

Some of these previews describe destructable cover objects like barrels and wagons and such. I don't think you'll be able to dynamite through a house but I expect a lot of splintered wooden crates and barrels after a good gunfight.

Some of the previews have explicitly mentioned that some players can burn down houses and they will be rebuilt over time. Makes it sound like there will be a fair amount of destructible stuff.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

LostRook posted:

Some of the previews have explicitly mentioned that some players can burn down houses and they will be rebuilt over time. Makes it sound like there will be a fair amount of destructible stuff.

Like planting an acorn and having a tree grow over time.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I bet beards will become some sort of status symbol. Like players with beards reaching to their knees etc. who'll look down on casual scrubs who only have a stubble or something like that.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I want a Bam Bam Bigelow/Merciless Ming: bald up top, scary and pointy from the face and chin.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Tumble posted:

If they implemented tomahawks like in the CoD Black Ops titles I would be over the moon. That poo poo was so much fun :swoon:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
imagine how much sicker this game would be with an original ennio morricone soundtrack. :allears:

i mean, if you'd told me gtaV would be scored by tangerine dream like the best michael mann movies i'd have called you a crazy dreamer.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I am hoping there will be paid DLC to let me grow a beard in online mode. I don't want every idiot to have one, I want it to be paid.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
While I doubt it, I really hope you can still deadeye with throwing weapons and have it home in.

Curving molotovs like I'm an assassin from Wanted was so much fun.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
if only you could by buy snake bonds irl to skip the grind of growing a beard

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

The Bold Kobold posted:

While I doubt it, I really hope you can still deadeye with throwing weapons and have it home in.

Curving molotovs like I'm an assassin from Wanted was so much fun.

One of the previews mentions using deadeye with the bow and arrow so I've got high hopes for thrown stuff too.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
The getting fat and beard stuff sounds so annoying. I have to deal with that in real life, I don't want to RP my neckbeard self in RDR2. I hope it doesn't feel too much like work. I just want to shoot mans and ride around on my horsey. Same atmosphere and crazy (side)missions like RDR1 preferably.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Just got an email from amazon.ca telling me my pre-order will not make the expected delivery date. Expected Nov 1st - Nov 7th.

Nooooooooooooo!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sioux posted:

The getting fat and beard stuff sounds so annoying. I have to deal with that in real life, I don't want to RP my neckbeard self in RDR2. I hope it doesn't feel too much like work. I just want to shoot mans and ride around on my horsey. Same atmosphere and crazy (side)missions like RDR1 preferably.

It sounds like you don't really get severely penalized for not doing the upkeep stuff, like you'll never starve to death, but if you do do them you'll get bonuses to various things.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Sioux posted:

I guess we are more likely to be starving and emaciated, just sacks of skin and bones. Are skin and teeth issues going to be a thing, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ultimate Mango posted:

I guess we are more likely to be starving and emaciated, just sacks of skin and bones. Are skin and teeth issues going to be a thing, too?
This guy will visit your camp 2x/year. It'll be fine.