Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That sucked rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

We must do everything in our power to ensure that the Braves beat the Yankees in the World Series and make President Donald Trump cry on Twitter.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That sucked rear end
:perfect:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Feels

good

man

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

We must do everything in our power to ensure that the Braves beat the Yankees in the World Series and make President Donald Trump cry on Twitter.

Is there a reason I'm missing its gotta be the Braves? I mean surely Puig could trigger the hell out of Trump/MAGA?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

bawfuls posted:

idk what the Dodgers did to attract Cubs fans to the bandwagon, but i'm here for it

HOTLANTA MAN's meltdown in the Cubs/Rockies thread.

On that note, ROLL drat TIDE!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

idk what the Dodgers did to attract Cubs fans to the bandwagon, but i'm here for it

The Braves are a lot like the Yankees for me. They have a fun, young group of players, and if they were on almost any other team, I'd root for them. But the Yankees and Braves are such loathesome franchises that I can't ever bring myself to do it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Braves are a lot like the Yankees for me. They have a fun, young group of players, and if they were on almost any other team, I'd root for them. But the Yankees and Braves are such loathesome franchises that I can't ever bring myself to do it.

Aside from the name and tomahawk chop bs is there anything else you dislike them for?

Like I’m just trying to figure out if it’s just that or if it’s something that happened in a game or something that i forgot about too

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Aside from the name and tomahawk chop bs is there anything else you dislike them for?

Like I’m just trying to figure out if it’s just that or if it’s something that happened in a game or something that i forgot about too

the tomahawk chop is a reason to hate the fans, the reason to hate the organization is the front office that dosent give a poo poo about anything except money and colluded with the government of Cobb County to swindle millions of dollars of tax payer money to build a stadium thats a pain in the dick to get to when they already had a perfectly good one downtown.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Joey Freshwater posted:

In addition to what Basticle said about dicking over the taxpayers without them even getting a vote on whether or not to fund the stadium, another motivating factor for moving the stadium was because the old one was in a historically black neighborhood and the primarily-white fanbase didn't like having to go there. This also had the effect of removing all the jobs for people in the old neighborhood where the median annual income is about $20K less than the new one. Those people can't just commute to the new stadium to work either because the state government struck down a bill that would've extended public transportation from Atlanta to Cobb County.

Also for petty reasons because they were really good in my youth in the '90s and always beat the teams I liked. :mad:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Also for petty reasons because they were really good in my youth in the '90s and always beat the teams I liked. :mad:

Indians fan says what up

I understand the irony about what I said about the Tomahawk chop

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

STAC Goat posted:

Is there a reason I'm missing its gotta be the Braves? I mean surely Puig could trigger the hell out of Trump/MAGA?

Revenge.

For the 90’s.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sorta hate the Braves for the 90s and I wouldn't root for them for the racist poo poo. But like I was having fun with the young kids during the season.

Mostly I'm just rooting against the most obnoxious guy in the bar.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Joe Davis :toot:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
This is already better than last night and it's only been 1 pitch.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

ACUÑA

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:swoon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

accuuuunnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao on what planet is that a strike

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Booooo

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Earth, bitch

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good to see the Braves offense back to normal.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

that outside pitch to lefties is pretty consistently called a strike despite not actually being over the plate.

Note the dashed lines on any Brooks Baseball PitchFX plot: http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?&game=gid_2018_06_13_chnmlb_milmlb_1/&innings=yyyyyyyyy&month=06&day=13&year=2018

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress did I miss ANOTHER Acuña leadoff homer?

EDIT: Nope. :(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

double and left on base

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I

I mean

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

no it was a double and he was stranded at 3B on two groundouts and a K

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Yeah I lol’d

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Mannyyyyyyy

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Ah, there we go.

Frumpy DMV Lady
Jun 6, 2005
Machado!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Why would you throw that just walk him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao i forgot machado was even on the dodgers, how did they not run away with NL, they're a loving juggernaut

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

just hit bombs and things seem to work out

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao i forgot machado was even on the dodgers, how did they not run away with NL, they're a loving juggernaut

Looking forward to seeing this post every game until Halloween

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Like im not expecting to win the series but at least make it competitive, Jesus Christ.

Oh well at least the cubs are out.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I need a gif of that kid going ham in slow mo right before the break

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

I need a gif of that kid going ham in slow mo right before the break

that kid rules, he is the exact oppsite of larry king.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls