Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1047923142063218688

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding Nazi holocaust torturers. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

"Sorry I sided with nazis not really"

EDIT: I found the personification of Boogie

Watch as he puts all of himself in his mouth before rushing to his computer to tweet his hot takes.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Boogie1488 playing soft on the actual historic nazis now, christ on a bike.

So... when can we expect the statement about how Hirohito and Tojo were actually alright guys, because we poached some of the rapists from Unit 731 to tell us what germ warfare does to a pregnant lady.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mengele sewed children together.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yardbomb posted:

So... when can we expect the statement about how Hirohito and Tojo were actually alright guys, because we poached some of the rapists from Unit 731 to tell us what germ warfare does to a pregnant lady.

I think the most boogie position is that comfort women are good because it got women out of their caste and in a better position

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Yardbomb posted:

Boogie: "Hey guys, livestreaming here from an APA Hotel here in Japan! Gotta say, I don't know why they removed those books about Nanjing they used to provide. I'm quite enjoyed the alternative perspective the author took."

For reference: https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/2065688/japan-hotel-chain-may-remove-books-denying-nanjing-massacre

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 5, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
In less morally reprehensible, jfc throw this manchild into a volcano news, Defunctland takes a look at their hometown park Worlds of Fun

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJpMyLiLRU

I wish this were about Boogie and not Logan

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

boogie blunderland.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Augus posted:

you know who else went to school in maryland like kavenaugh
the people kavenaugh sexually assaulted
makes ya think

Condolences to the victims of course. That said there are hundreds of Kavanaugh's being raised their to this day, if that entire region of maryland was wiped off the map a good 90% of the worst people in the DMV, maybe the even whole country, go with it.

Of course in all actuality they're just continue to fast track towards lobbying, finance, clerkship or whatever career their rich parents have paved out for them. They will outlive us all and build their own geodesic domes for when the rising tides of climate change wash the rest of us away.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

mengele sewed children together.

yes and because of that we made great leaps in the very real science of

*checks notes*

making people into soap and lampshades????

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

OmanyteJackson posted:

Condolences to the victims of course. That said there are hundreds of Kavanaugh's being raised their to this day, if that entire region of maryland was wiped off the map a good 90% of the worst people in the DMV, maybe the even whole country, go with it.

Of course in all actuality they're just continue to fast track towards lobbying, finance, clerkship or whatever career their rich parents have paved out for them. They will outlive us all and build their own geodesic domes for when the rising tides of climate change wash the rest of us away.

The Department of Motor Vehicles?

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Max Wilco posted:

The Department of Motor Vehicles?

District of Columbia/Maryland/Virginia metro area. the Department of Motor Vehicles here is called the MVA

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OmanyteJackson posted:

District of Columbia/Maryland/Virginia metro area. the Department of Motor Vehicles here is called the MVA

well that's just silly :colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

*checks notes*

"This month, HGTV honors both sides of the historical tragedy known as the Holocaust..."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

sexpig by night posted:

*checks notes*

creating siamese twins

edit: ive been sent some educational pms that have explained my use of the term 'siamese twin' is considered archaic with racist overtones that i did not intend. in the light of that knew information i apologise unreservedly for my use of it but will not edit it out. sorry.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Imagine still believing Boogie is a decent human being, instead of an apologist for institutional cruelty and bigotry

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

He really outdid himself this time. Even Ian Miles Cheong was telling him to stop. Yes, that's Ian Miles "My history of being an Internet edgelord and saying things like hitler is my loving idol went public when I was still trying to act all woke SJW" Cheong. When HE'S telling you to shut up and stop you know you've really hosed it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i remember when "not saying something good came out of the holocaust" was a low bar to clear

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

a cartoon duck posted:

i remember when "not saying something good came out of the holocaust" was a low bar to clear

I remember when clearly anyone being a Nazi online was doing it ironically, because OBVIOUSLY everybody knows that you do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to the Nazis.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

In this video, Phelous returns to his origins.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

a cartoon duck posted:

I can meet those expectations! Can I start making videos, or do I need talent?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lobster22221 posted:

or do I need talent?

I mean, just look at doug walker.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

Or don’t.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Leal posted:

walker was more lucky then anything. there was an open market and he got there first. now everyone with talent, brains and or humor has moved on or evolved past him. his whole career went to hell the second people started watching red letter media or various podcasts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Augus posted:

Dan Olson just put out a video about An American Tail. No, not the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--SXFB7m6mk

I'm glad this started out with a genuine review of the movie too.

That said, oh god. I never would've thought the game would've been made so long after the movie. Holy poo poo why.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Holy poo poo why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RareAcumen posted:

That said, oh god. I never would've thought the game would've been made so long after the movie. Holy poo poo why.

like he said, money and tricking grandmas and aunts would pick it up for Christmas. it happened to me plenty of times.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that bird level that gradually slows down to sub-5 fps as more of the level is loaded in because the game doesn’t unload all the poo poo behind you is just :discourse:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's sad that Data Design Interactive made nothing but wank after the nostalgia-favourite Lego Rock Raiders. That game may have been buggy, and missing content, but it was the tits 20 years ago.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

There's a good twitter thread by Errant Signal's Chris Franklin in response to this video and talking about bad media unironically.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Campster/status/1048047529064116226

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

walker was more lucky then anything. there was an open market and he got there first. now everyone with talent, brains and or humor has moved on or evolved past him. his whole career went to hell the second people started watching red letter media or various podcasts.

I haven't watched any of Doug's work in months, but I legitimately feel like he's regressed, not just failed to evolve.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

21 Muns posted:

I haven't watched any of Doug's work in months, but I legitimately feel like he's regressed, not just failed to evolve.

He's pretty much run out of 80's/90's Nostalgic material to screech at and the early 2000's stuff just doesn't have the punch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I have no interest to go back and rewatch it to see if it holds up or not (it probably doesn't), but the only real good* review Doug has ever done of anything that has anything approaching the level of critical analysis his peers-turned-betters have ever put into anything has been his review of The Last Airbender. And that's because it's the one piece of media he put any effort into researching before he sat down and started screeching at the camera about it.

Dude actually sat down and watched all 60 episodes of the original series and--for the most part--actually understood the story, message, and themes it was trying to convey. There were a couple of VLOG episodes on it where he just Doug Walker'd the gently caress out and went full on HOW DOES TV SHOW WORK? at stuff that any other person with a brain was able to comprehend easily, but then again when things fly over Doug's head they go so far they assume the same orbital trajectory as Halley's Comet, so whatev.

But anyway, because he put the time and effort into getting to understand Avatar: The Last Airbender so intimately, he was able to properly express and contextualize just how badly the Shyamalan film screwed the pooch because it didn't understand and in some cases outright betrayed the themes and storytelling choices that were key to making the show what it was.

That was the only real time Doug put any quasi-academic muscle behind his work and momentarily grew as a creator, and then he went right back to doing the same poo poo as usual afterward.

E: I defended Doug Walker on something and now I feel dirty.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 6, 2018

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
I'm glad the American Tail video got mentioned again because Boogietalk happened in between me watching the video and being able to comment on how good Dan's Fivel cosplay was.

I tried to do that years ago and couldn't find that loving hat anywhere.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I seem to remember his Patch Adams video being alright. He’d done some research into the life of the guy the film was based on, and seemed genuinely angry at how badly it was misrepresenting him. It was nothing special but by Doug’s standards that review was gold.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Those couple halfway well researched videos betray the worst part about him, he could do better, he just won't.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Yeah acting like Doug doesn’t have talent is just being an internet contrarian. He’s an idiot who has pigeonholed himself but he can perform pretty well.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

I don't really think this guy gets why there can't really be appreciation for bad games in the same way as goofy films or television. The closest thing I can think of for a Beloved Bad Game is Deadly Premonition, where the gameplay is pretty weak but it gets by on being quirky and charming, and even then it's not like the mechanics are bad or broken in the same way that American Tail game is.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I commented on one of the relevant twitter threads that because bad games usually are bad because of awful controls or difficulty that can just straight up roadblock someone from progress bad games will never have quite the charm of bad movies. Thinking about it, though, there's always been that growing market for people like Dan or Retsupurae who put those awful games on display for the rest of us. Literally playing bad games so we don't have to.

There's definitely a place for analyzing those old games. Whether it be just looking at the mistakes that were made or even finding some unique elements that were poorly executed and taking another crack at it.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

You can also have games that are much more fun to watch than they are to play, like Silent Hill Downpour, which fundamentally got what makes a good silent hill story, but just had a very bad actual game attached to it.