Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Deadguy2322 posted:

They are the band playing in the club in Hellraiser 3.

Funny factoid: John Bush is on vocals for Armored Saint in the movie, but by the time the movie finally got released, he had left the band and had been the lead vocalist for Anthrax for 2 years already.

Ah ok, I knew John Bush took over for Joey Belladonna in Anthrax, but I didn't realize Armored Saint was actually playing on the movie soundtrack, I thought it was just a pretty deep metal cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

bobkatt013 posted:

It all started when he taught data to poo

It literally did!

Data’s perfect butthole.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits
I gave them a shot, but I’m out. American podcasters need to grow up and realize nobody cares how much you hate Trump, unless your podcast is about politics. I want to hear about lovely movies. If I wanted to hear about lovely governments I could watch the news at home.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

They draw on a little bit of everything for their comedy. Why not politics?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Deadguy2322 posted:

I gave them a shot, but I’m out. American podcasters need to grow up and realize nobody cares how much you hate Trump, unless your podcast is about politics. I want to hear about lovely movies. If I wanted to hear about lovely governments I could watch the news at home.

Counter point everyone else on Earth finds making fun of the current state of American politics necessary and cathartic.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Deadguy2322 posted:

ok

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Deadguy2322 posted:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Deadguy2322 posted:

Please write in to the mailbag about this. It could at the very least make for some fantastic content for the rest of us.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deadguy2322 posted:

Cry harder.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Deadguy2322 posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Deadguy2322 posted:

:lol: sorry that you don't find Donald J Trump to be funny

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Deadguy2322 posted:

------------------|/----------------------------------------------------

also, LOL at getting salty and quitting a podcast because they do not like Trump while still telling everyone on a forum that has Trump Lover as their insult to people who have not spent the money to get rid of that image.

Also, no one cares if you listen or not. To paraphrase something I think I saw on one of the WHM guy's Twitter: This isn't a loving airport, you do not have to announce your departure.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If that’s the thing that makes you quit listening you must be fun at parties.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I mean, good luck finding contemporary American comedy that doesn't occasionally get political

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Something Awful posters need to grow up and realize nobody cares how much you hate a podcast, unless your thread is about hating podcasts.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fart City posted:

Something Awful posters need to grow up and realize nobody cares how much you hate a podcast, unless your thread is about hating podcasts.

What about a podcast about hating podcasts?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Iron Crowned posted:

What about a podcast about hating podcasts?

Better podcast!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I stopped listening to this podcast because I can’t stand Szyszka since he can’t do an impression to save his life.

Just kidding that’s the best part

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Deadguy2322 posted:

READ A FUCKIN' COMIC BOOK!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Deadguy2322 posted:

Shut up

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Deadguy2322 posted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

I stopped listening to this podcast because I can’t stand Szyszka since he can’t do an impression to save his life.

Just kidding that’s the best part

His Trump is actually good.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

His Trump is actually good.

Yeah, he’s surprisingly got the best Trump.

His Alex Jones sucks, but he always has the best Alex Jones call-outs.

INFO WARS DOT POP TART

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Deadguy2322 posted:

They’re called Parademons.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 5, 2018

Violator
May 15, 2003

I can understand where he’s coming from. Some shows I listen to for escapism and I don’t want to reminded about how horrific politics are. Like “I want to hear scary ghost stories, I don’t want to hear about our ghoul of an administration for the next 60 minutes!” WHM has always been on point with their political commentary, though, so I’ve always enjoyed it since it never feels shoehorned in.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I kind of wonder what outcome that dude who posted that actually thought he would get.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

enigmahfc posted:

I kind of wonder what outcome that dude who posted that actually thought he would get.

Attention.

He won.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hockles posted:

Attention.

He won.

Yeah. I dont know why every reader of this thread felt the need to weigh in with increasingly tepid retorts.

Cant we focus on the good times, like for example the Droids Animation Damnation I recently listened to. "WE DID IT, SID" had me dying.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hockles posted:

Attention.

He won.

I dunno 20 posts calling that dude a dweeb was pretty fun imo. I miss the old days of the internet where more of that happened.

:justpost:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

weekly font posted:

I dunno 20 posts calling that dude a dweeb was pretty fun imo. I miss the old days of the internet where more of that happened.

:justpost:

:emptyquote:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Deadguy2322 posted:

www dot pizza planet dot fart

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

everyone so often I remember Chris Cabins old lady voice saying "They call me the human bidet!" and I can't help but smile to myself

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I could have sworn they already did Van Helsing, but then I realized it was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and I just get those confused

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Do yourself a favor: relisten to the Silver Bullet episode. It’s really amazingly fun.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

Do yourself a favor: relisten to the Silver Bullet episode. It’s really amazingly fun.

So many great lines

“You know this kid can get.. more paralyzed?”

“And for a moment I wondered, am I going to see Gary Busey turn into a werewolf ? And that’s what you want: to see a horse turn into a wolf.”

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
”the jukebox has two kinds of music: country and western...”

File that also under ”’n things”.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 5, 2018

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Even though they are really down on the Hellraiser films, I kinda want to watch them now. At least the first three. It's a franchise that passed me by.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It mostly did for me too but that’s because they aren’t that good even in a bad funny way. Lot of it is mostly flesh peeling and pinhead isn’t that good of a character.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Apes-Ma posted:

Even though they are really down on the Hellraiser films, I kinda want to watch them now. At least the first three. It's a franchise that passed me by.

The first one is a really legit good horror movie, especially for its time. Clive Barker had no idea what he was doing as a director, hired a bunch of competent British stage actors because he was friends with some of them, and just sort of backwards stumbled into a little piece of weird cinematic greatness because he didn't know enough about movie production to rely on the then-current horror cliches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah the first one is pretty solid for a cheap horror flick, the second one is a direct follow up to it. From there it's just increasingly bad and unrelated sequels that were originally other scripts.

Everything after 4 is especially bad.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 6, 2018