Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

CommonShore posted:

we deleted the poo poo episodes from the old seasons

That was BBC policy for a long time. Also, that they were all poo poo episodes. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Speaking of ...

... while not a Who eps, Phillip Morris, the man who found "Web" and "Enemy" was on The One Show yesterday and announced he had recovered these:

The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 5 TX: 30/09/1968
The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 7 TX: 14/10/1968
Steptoe and Son - My Old Man's a Tory TX: 08/11/1965
The Basil Brush Show - Series 1 Episode 3 TX: 28/06/1968

He's also hinting that he has more

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Holy poo poo our plane touches down in Hawaii 12PST today imma see a lady doctor

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Chokes McGee posted:

Holy poo poo our plane touches down in Hawaii 12PST today imma see a lady doctor

Ok, but you know it airs tomorrow, right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1048551004235550722

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of ...

... while not a Who eps, Phillip Morris, the man who found "Web" and "Enemy" was on The One Show yesterday and announced he had recovered these:

The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 5 TX: 30/09/1968
The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 7 TX: 14/10/1968
Steptoe and Son - My Old Man's a Tory TX: 08/11/1965
The Basil Brush Show - Series 1 Episode 3 TX: 28/06/1968

He's also hinting that he has more

Morecambe and Wise? Maybe it's an episode where they finally pay Peter Cushing!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BBC America's going to run the premiere several times tomorrow, but at the 8 pm slot, their advertising it's a "Special Edition". Anyone have a clue as to what so "Special" about it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe it has an intro with one of the companions explaining the show.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was getting all prepared for new Doctor Who tonight. Then I realized it was on Sunday. :smith:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I've been burning through s9&10 these past few days to get myself prepared for the big event and I was surprised that there were more highs than lows than I remember.

I'm also amazed at just how good actresses Coleman and Mackie were, with two very different, but equally engaging characters.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm still sad we only got Pearl Mackie for one season, but on the other hand she'll probably go down as one of my favorite companions and never really get the chance to be spoiled by sticking around too long.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Counting down the hours to NEW DOCTOR WHO feels a lot like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMO7pUU6uE&t=165s

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!
I dunno if it's been posted/discussed here before, but I watched the "First Look" clip from the official DW YouTube website, and I'd say just from the little bit that I saw there, there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that Jodie Whittaker is going to do a great job as The Doctor (and I say that as one of the resident "grumpy about NuWho" grognards that prefers the older series). :)

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

TOONG!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
If the only result of this is to get more Jodie on TV interviews, then it will have been a job worth doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAZUlmrjTTU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Did BBCA's 13 days of Doctor Who air a SINGLE 12th Doctor episode or did they just show 9, 10, and 11 episodes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Did BBCA's 13 days of Doctor Who air a SINGLE 12th Doctor episode or did they just show 9, 10, and 11 episodes.

They started with the 9th Doctor. Then the 12th. Then 10, then 11.

They called "Timey-Wimey Marathon"

I don't understand it either

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

(Edit: replaced with version with better legend)

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 7, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1048929514997407744

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

i read the legend at the top and I still don't understand what this graph is trying to tell me

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

i read the legend at the top and I still don't understand what this graph is trying to tell me

same tbh. I asked the guy who made it to write a better explanation but he didn't care enough to do so.

E: Oh, looks like he put some more stuff in the imgur description.

quote:

Brown line counts days between announcement that the actor is leaving the role, and the regeneration

Blue line counts days between announcement of the replacement Doctor, and regeneration

Red line counts days between the actors final episode as The Doctor, and the regeneration (usually zero)

Finally, post-regeneration, we count in green the days till the new actors first full episode

E: Here's also a version with a new legend:

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 7, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1048908650440478720

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I saw Let's Kill Hitler 3 times in 3 days :argh:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Buying the Amazon season pass for this season will mean I'm on a one day delay, right?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Bicyclops posted:

Buying the Amazon season pass for this season will mean I'm on a one day delay, right?

You should get the episodes early Monday morning, in my experience.

I got a ticket to see the premiere at the theater near me... but it's on Wednesday. So now I have to agonize over whether I should watch the episode on Monday, then see it again at the theater, or quarantine myself until Wednesday. Decisions, decisions...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Well Manicured Man posted:

You should get the episodes early Monday morning, in my experience.

I got a ticket to see the premiere at the theater near me... but it's on Wednesday. So now I have to agonize over whether I should watch the episode on Monday, then see it again at the theater, or quarantine myself until Wednesday. Decisions, decisions...

I've done the "quarantine until theater" thing twice and I highly recommend it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oh poo poo this is tonight? Snuck up on me.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Oh for God's sake. Gallifrey stands."

STILL goose bumps.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

marktheando posted:

Oh poo poo this is tonight? Snuck up on me.

Its on in 15 minutes!

Edit: 13 minutes! Probably 12 by the time I finish this edit! I am not going to edit this every minute, dont worry.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Haven’t felt the buzz of anticipation for new doctor who for ages. gently caress off countryfile.

(I actually quite like countryfile)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
At Madison Square Garden for the big premiere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This rules :3:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Congratulations to those who will be watching this in 10 minutes, I will have to wait until it hits Amazon or Plex. Doctor Who is back!! Hooray!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Just so we're clear, as soon as I see it on UK TV I can talk about it without spoiler tags, right? Its been a while...

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

SiKboy posted:

Just so we're clear, as soon as I see it on UK TV I can talk about it without spoiler tags, right? Its been a while...

Yeah . Once it’s aired it’s a free for all.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I know I'm currently sitting down to watch it, but I'm still not convinced Bradley Walsh is in Doctor Who. It's like Noel Fielding on the Bakeoff - it's so clearly a gag from a sketch show, and I'm not falling for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FINALLY

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Here we loving go!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HERE WE GO