Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1048242346176000001?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Super No Vacancy posted:

Next Friday night we debut in Austin, TX
AFS Cinema
8:00pm
All Ages Event
Tickets start at $20
8 big matches already signed with more to be announced.
Let's make this debut a success so we can keep coming back!
Get yours now at http://aawpro.ticketleap.com

I want to go to this but I'm also conflicted because I don't want to support Swann or Callihan in any way.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

I want to go to this but I'm also conflicted because I don't want to support Swann or Callihan in any way.

The hero we didn't need.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah I know, big shot over here not wanting to pay money to accused abusers/the people who promote them. It just blows that these indie shows get so close to not having known dirtbags on the card and then gently caress it up with one or two. There are plenty of wrestlers out there just as good who could fill those spots and not be problematic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beat the racism out of him, Holly.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Championship Wrestling League a Michigan promotion cancelled all forthcoming dates.

Last weekend they booked a show with Ryback and Big Cass's indie debut. Totally shocking I know.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rovert posted:

Championship Wrestling League a Michigan promotion cancelled all forthcoming dates.

Last weekend they booked a show with Ryback and Big Cass's indie debut. Totally shocking I know.

Everyone loves THE BIG GUY... But no one wants to pay him.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
can anyone help me with whatever the gently caress this canadian "superkickd" promotion is https://www.superkickd.ca/

they're running a show at music hall of williamsburg in brooklyn - a venue that, as far as i know, has never run wrestling before - and i really want to see what it is like. i don't know anyone on the roster page besides tyson dux (and who knows if the roster page is accurate, and how many of them will successfully make it across the northern border), but i am still tempted to see this for the novelty of it

it's also standing room only, which is funny, cuz i thought NYSAC mandated seating around the guardrail, but who knows. maybe they won't even have a guardrail or will have the ring on the stage or some poo poo

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

abraham linksys posted:

can anyone help me with whatever the gently caress this canadian "superkickd" promotion is https://www.superkickd.ca/

they're running a show at music hall of williamsburg in brooklyn - a venue that, as far as i know, has never run wrestling before - and i really want to see what it is like. i don't know anyone on the roster page besides tyson dux (and who knows if the roster page is accurate, and how many of them will successfully make it across the northern border), but i am still tempted to see this for the novelty of it

it's also standing room only, which is funny, cuz i thought NYSAC mandated seating around the guardrail, but who knows. maybe they won't even have a guardrail or will have the ring on the stage or some poo poo

That's the promotion where Seleziya Sparx broke her leg and she works there regularly since coming back. Also it could be one of those "wrestling performance" shows like they were doing at Tender Trap with no ring or something

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I really like how Joey Janela has rehabbed the main event of every lovely indie show I saw circa 2000-2010 featuring like Local Wrestler vs. [Barry Darsow/Jim Neidhart/ Koko B Ware/Virgil] by upping the talent level 10-20% and putting it in the midcard.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

achillesforever6 posted:

But then that would just lead to Evolve booking his Nazi pal or Teddy Hart
Shlak has not been on any of the Janela-booked GCW shows.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Regardless of his Shlak apologia, Joey has a good enough eye for talent to see that Shlak doesn't have any,

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Mucha Lucha Atlanta is p cool.

They opened last night's show with a game of hot potato with some kids. It ran about 40 minutes.

Greatest ref ever, Richie Boy, had at least 3 separate full entrances, and he only had one costume change (he usually switches the color of his polo between matches, saving the classic zebra stripes for the main event)

I thought the crowd would riot as the MLA owner has aligned himself with a Puerto Rican group and they harass the mostly Mexican crowd. Thankfully, the fans just threw lime wedges and yelled puto at everyone a bunch.

Sadly, the advertised main event of Park vs Rush became Park/El Hijo de Park vs Rush/Mecha Wolf :saddowns:

Next time: WAR GAMES

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That was the best venue I've ever been in and it was a fuckin party

Come to MLA and learn how much creamed corn you can eat out of a Styrofoam cup

spoiler: a lot

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah Mucha Lucha was the best show I’ve ever been to.

http://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1049092153950068736

https://twitter.com/boco_t/status/1049388211414417409

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wow i want that la parka apron very badly

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/1049683965181878272

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

do the WWE guys really pop Evolve's live attendance?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Velveteen Dream got a good pop when I saw him, but it probably didn't hurt that he's a local guy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Velveteen Dream got a good pop when I saw him, but it probably didn't hurt that he's a local guy.

I believe they sold 140 tickets to one of the Dream shows before him being added to the card.

Gabe privately has referred to WWE names as a "lifeline".

It is a dynamic that has lead to Gabe's recent burn out issues.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe has a keen eye for talent and posing them correctly but he really needs someone to help implement his creative visions. Like having him pick who's going to be the next champ, set the timetable for it to happen and let someone else put shows together to make it come to fruition. The same burnout happened to him at ROH and its sad to see it happen again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

I believe they sold 140 tickets to one of the Dream shows before him being added to the card.

Gabe privately has referred to WWE names as a "lifeline".

It is a dynamic that has lead to Gabe's recent burn out issues.

Probably the show I went to. The local promotion tends to fill the space for their shows. Evolve definitely did not.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Probably the show I went to. The local promotion tends to fill the space for their shows. Evolve definitely did not.

He needs to be careful with WWE cameos bailing shows out. It is a quick fix and just teaches fans to care less about the core product and makes EVOLVE wrestlers look secondary. Smokey Mountain Wrestling's association with WWE is a famous example of this.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
turning your promotion into a WWE developmental territory wasn't good for business? well i never :thunk:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Desert Punk posted:

turning your promotion into a WWE developmental territory wasn't good for business? well i never :thunk:

Business wasn't great before. At least now Gabe gets free food everytime NXT Paul calls him in for a meeting.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont know why they're running chicago again. they get a smaller crowd every time they turn up. cedric didn't do much for them when he swooped in. imagine mustafa will do a fair amount better but what's the endgame

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Wasn’t Ali a hot babyface when he was running out of that region in the indies?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wasn�t Ali a hot babyface when he was running out of that region in the indies?

Yes, he's like an indie legend here in Chicago. Hometown hero.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chicago-made Ali

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Mustafa "Blue Lives Matter" Ali

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wasn�t Ali a hot babyface when he was running out of that region in the indies?

Am I having a stroke? why do I keep seeing ¿½ in everyones post?!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

abraham linksys posted:

Superkickd runs in Toronto regularly and they do it at a music venue and they have no seats. People stand around the ring, all the way up to the apron. I am assuming they're gonna do it the same in Brooklyn. You can get an idea of what you're in for on Youtube, just check out a couple of videos like this. It's a good time imho

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm always worried that idiot fans will try to grab at wrestlers when they're right up to the apron. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

I'm always worried that idiot fans will try to grab at wrestlers when they're right up to the apron. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

The IWS has run no guardrails for pretty much all of its 20 year existence (i can count on two hands the times we've had to go with guardrails due to commission/venue requirements)
In all those years we only had an issue once....

In which Kevin Owens promptly kicked the fan in the loving face.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

Beyond has been around for years and runs all-women's shows this way and that's never been an issue.

Related, WWR is running in Long Island for the Evolution weekend and are doing seating. I am not sure NYC allows standing around the ring.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cory Lidle posted:

Beyond has been around for years and runs all-women's shows this way and that's never been an issue.

Related, WWR is running in Long Island for the Evolution weekend and are doing seating. I am not sure NYC allows standing around the ring.

It's going to be somewhat AC or owner mandated. Beyond does seating when they run in Melrose because the town department that owns the memorial hall got mad at them for #Flesh

But the memorial hall also lets Drew use the kitchen for catering and Gabe likes it for Evolve so it is what it is

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nick Gage is going to stab Joey in the dick with a broken light tube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Man I can't believe Joey Janela is going to have Joey Ryan killed for promoting against Spring Break.