Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jerkface posted:

i know everyone is busy complaining about momo and i agree she is getting the shaft but i just wanna say kendo owns. her power is fun and her design is cool and she has an amazing hero outfit. she should replace momo in class a

I still say if there's a shuffle, she and Momo should be in the same class. Makes giving them a rivalry easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was thinking Momo should make a bomb and threaten to nuke everyone if they don't surrender, then I remembered this comic...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Now im no physicist but isn't the material needed to make a functional nuke incredibly energy intensive and radioactive? Also , having to 3d print a nuke would leave crossection exposed to bare skin a give you a major case of deadness.
So either die from starvation trying to make a nuke or die from the radiation of uranium or whatever.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 7, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Young Gal Might.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Now im no physicist but isn't the material needed to make a functional nuke incredibly energy intensive and radioactive? Also , having to 3d print a nuke would leave crossection exposed to bare skin a give you a major case of deadness.
So either die from starvation trying to make a nuke or die from the radiation of uranium or whatever.

This latest chapter proved that Momo's power isn't alchemy, but rather straight up magic, when she made a cannon bigger and heavier than she is. Logic is pointless.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hihohe posted:

Nah, man, she uses lipids.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Hihohe posted:

Now im no physicist but isbt the material needed to make a functional nuke incredibly energy intensive and radioactive? Like, having to 3d print a nuke would leave crossection exposed to bare skin a give you a major case of deadness.

Nah, the core doesn't release much energy right up until the mass is made critical by compressing it (or other methods, compression is just the classic). Incomplete spheres are a less dense form, so the in-progress device would be actually be safer than the complete one. Until it becomes critical, most of the hazard from fissile material only results if you ingest or inhale any particles.

Now, just having it near you at all is probably still not the best for your rad dose, if nowhere near deadly, but the formation wouldn't be an issue on that front. What could be an issue is whether the partly-formed thing's mechanisms would stay together properly to not trigger- but we've seen her make plenty of electronics that didn't short out immediately, so I guess that's not a factor.

e: As for energy, she's directly creating and converting mass. All of the energy for a nuclear bomb comes from mass-to-energy conversion, at best about 40% efficiency. If she can make a handheld iron cannon, that might be a few hundred pounds of iron. A mini-nuke core will have far less mass than that.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 7, 2018

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I can't follow what exactly is happening with the tactics and powers and quintuple keikaku reversals anymore so I had to just skim the latest chapter

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Question Friend posted:

I can't follow what exactly is happening with the tactics and powers and quintuple keikaku reversals anymore so I had to just skim the latest chapter

The latest chapter, in summary:
  • Momo decides she's not gonna beat Kendo so she makes a cannon and shoots a bag of goodies to help her team win. By doing this, she gets knocked out, though at some point she apparently ties herself and her cannon to Kendo to slow her down.
  • Aoyama is loving useless and Tokoyami/Hagakure can't save him from the other team until Momo's goodie bag arrives, which contains anti-fungal spray and infrared goggles.
  • Tokoyami takes the goggles and uses them to find mushroom girl and Vantablack and beats the poo poo out of them effortlessly until mushroom girl decides to choke Tokoyami out by growing mushrooms in his throat/lungs. This is treated as Tokoyami making a mistake because he didn't bludgeon her unconscious immediately.
  • Hagakure, who is invisible again due to the anti-fungals, beats up Manga a little bit but is then chumped into submission immediately by Kendo, who managed to drag herself, the cannon, and Momo there in time to help and still be strong enough to instantly capture Hagakure.
  • Despite 1-A getting completely swept off the board and Mushroom being able to win the fight instantly at any point, everyone talks about how great Momo was and Kendo talks about how it doesn't feel like she won, even though she completely won.
  • No one talks about Aoyama and Hagakure because they were so useless in this encounter that the fight might as well have been a 2v4.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
vantablack hiding as a mushroom was on some one piece levels of absurdity and is the real highlight of the chapter

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

Depends on which atom she uses, you can use a safe isotope to make a bomb by making it unstable after creating it.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Wait that Momo girl doesn't actually have some tragic backstory reason for being a jobber superhero instead of advancing science or singlehandedly ending energy or economic problems in the world? Like I never cared enough for background cast and assumed that there was something that I forgot since her power is super OP just not for, you know, shounen-y fighting to the death thing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She's from a rich family so she was told not to use her powers to disrupt the economy

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Momo's powers fall in the same category as stuff like time travel.
Just enjoy the cool power and don't think about it too hard.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can Momo turn water into wine

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Can Momo turn water into wine

If you count the human body being like 60% water (90% by weight) or whatever, sure. Otherwise no.

Alternatively: Yes, but she has to drink the water first.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Momo can do anything.

She's powerful.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Viridiant posted:

Momo can do anything.

She's powerful.

What if Momo made new organs for All Might :aaaaa:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RareAcumen posted:

What if Momo made new organs for All Might :aaaaa:

Momo can’t make living materials, it’s her one limit

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Momo can make All Might artificial organs, ya knucklehead.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Viridiant posted:

Momo can make All Might artificial organs, ya knucklehead.

She has to be able to understand the materials and manufacturing process on an intimate level to produce anything. She is an organic 3d printer. To make All Might artificial organs would likely mean that someone else has already figured out how to make All Might artificial organs so all she can really do would be to make them cheaper then other manufacturing processes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Artificial organs didn't do much for poor Nighteye.
I imagine All Might is like Mr Burns from that one Simpsons episode. And operating now will do more damage than good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

momo couldn't do it but eri could fix all might easy

still think she'll end up fixing all for one

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Manatee Cannon posted:

He'll try to use her to restore himself, but it will eventually backfire when she rewinds him out of existence.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think Eri's big thing is going to be bringing someone who died back to life.

Specifically, someone will get killed, get the big dramatic death scene, the tears, big stinger page to end a chapter maybe, then Eri will rewind them back to life.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 8, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Eri's power will never do anything again

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Momo can’t make living materials, it’s her one limit

well there goes my momo-led mha/fma crossover fanfic

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Andrast posted:

I hope Eri's power will never do anything again

Yeah.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
She'll re-quirk our boy Mirio at a critical moment, probably.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eri will finally master her Quirk 40 years after all of this.

Until then, the best she'll be able to do on command is putting a house of cards back upright.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

I hope not as one of the best themes of the manga has been taking a look at a hero setting that is very much in a transition period from one generation of heroes and villains to another.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Eri has transitioned from plot device to getting to be a kid and do kid things.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Eri has transitioned from plot device to getting to be a kid and do kid things.

Let her do kid things with Kouta! They can start the first Deku fanclub!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eri is allowed to be a kid and be happy despite being a walking WMD just like Alluka ok

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Whenever Eri is on panel, she should only be doing cute things that make her happy.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I think it would be cute if she restored Mirio's quirk.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It would also make her happy so that counts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wanna see Aizawa being an awkward dad to Eri. Show him doing more clothes shopping.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Season 4 has a lot of stuff it can do to make the uneven Yakuza arc really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless