Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Looking for a song in which the chorus goes "Baaaad Company...". Trying to identify the band, song title, and album name. ty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

content posted:

Looking for a song in which the chorus goes "Baaaad Company...". Trying to identify the band, song title, and album name. ty.

Five finger death punch, Bad Company, War is the Answer.

Now help me identify the same for a song that has the lyric "______ wants you for dead"

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

content posted:

Either Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch, or the original, Bad Company by Bad Company

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Rubellavator posted:

Five finger death punch, Bad Company, War is the Answer.

Now help me identify the same for a song that has the lyric "______ wants you for dead"

Iron Maiden by Iron Maiden, from the album Iron Maiden?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Yeah, it's Bad Company by Bad Company off Bad Company. Another joke ruined thanks to Five Finger Death Punch and me being bad at jokes.

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

They're just a bunch of shapes. Don't read too deeply into it.
I just heard a song, man vocals, lyrics sounded kind of like "they pay their hand / to understand / how lovely it can be" and at the end there's some low key Cranberries style bellowing that I could imagine happening on an Irish hillside.

Please help :kiddo:

Found it from furious Googling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhJVRdf8b8k Nick Mulvey "In Your Hands"

A.s.P. fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 28, 2018

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Just heard a song on the radio that sounds quite a lot like a Jónsi song / A song from Sigur Ros' album Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust.
I only heard the chorus which sounded like him singing "I wanna live, oooh-ooh." Instrumentally, it sounds a lot like any song from Jónsi's solo album.
Anyone knows what I'm talking about? This was on one of Norway's most popular radio stations, and googling around for Jonsi did not help much.

Edit: after intense googling for a few minutes, I managed to find it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rBg1pkqxAo

Fay Wildhagen - New Again

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 26, 2018

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017
I'm trying to remember a song with a kind of jazzy electronic sound, it would pop up when I listened to electroswing stuff sometimes. It wasn't in english, the chorus sounded like "jigo, hai, jigo, demo vas" and the rest was a woman going "da da da da DA da dadada". tia.

Found it! Demovast by deladap.

Grey Face fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 12, 2018

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round
I'm trying to find out what this track is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjV-l2DIp-Y&t=754s

it's the hip hop style track that plays on Sal Barbiers part. The end credits claim that it's 'Swinging Fist' by 'Swat' but I've so far failed to find out anything at all. The credits are spoken by the skaters, so no ideas on spelling.
Shazam doesn't know either.

cheers :)

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

spiny posted:

I'm trying to find out what this track is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjV-l2DIp-Y&t=754s

it's the hip hop style track that plays on Sal Barbiers part. The end credits claim that it's 'Swinging Fist' by 'Swat' but I've so far failed to find out anything at all. The credits are spoken by the skaters, so no ideas on spelling.
Shazam doesn't know either.

cheers :)

It may be hard to find. This page only briefly mentions SWAT as "bay area rap" while saying this era of videos used a lot of local artists, some of whom may never have had record deals.

Here's a post by someone else trying to find info on SWAT, with links to a few other songs that are also taken from skate videos. In fact, the only places I found people talking about SWAT at all were posts on forums in the context of "hey what's the music from this skate video", even on a forum entirely dedicated to rare vinyl. Nobody ever seemed to have any answers.

spiny
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

It may be hard to find. This page only briefly mentions SWAT as "bay area rap" while saying this era of videos used a lot of local artists, some of whom may never have had record deals.

Here's a post by someone else trying to find info on SWAT, with links to a few other songs that are also taken from skate videos. In fact, the only places I found people talking about SWAT at all were posts on forums in the context of "hey what's the music from this skate video", even on a forum entirely dedicated to rare vinyl. Nobody ever seemed to have any answers.

I did wonder if they were just a local band / friends of the skaters etc, I've been trying to find info on this track for years and years :) still got the VHS from when I bought it back in 1991

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Sal himself has been active on instagram in the past couple months, there is a small chance he would be able to shed some light on it if you didn't feel like it'd be bothersome.

spiny
May 20, 2004

sleppy posted:

Sal himself has been active on instagram in the past couple months, there is a small chance he would be able to shed some light on it if you didn't feel like it'd be bothersome.

I might just do that :)

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

spiny posted:

I did wonder if they were just a local band / friends of the skaters etc, I've been trying to find info on this track for years and years :) still got the VHS from when I bought it back in 1991

You could always ask H-Street themselves too as they're still about doing re-issues etc. Presuming it's just Tony Magnussen who's restarted it all. I was oh so tempted by their orange on black Hensley kingsize reissue recently, but at £100 over this side of the Atlantic I just can't.

Anyway a lot of those H-Street vids had soundtracks from local or at least unsigned bands. H-Street actually put out a CD of stuff from Shackle Me Not/Hokus Pokus, never went further than that though unfortunately. Wouldn't be surprised though if there's old demo cassettes or whatever floating around San Diego or SF or wherever the groups from. Sorry not much good for you I know but you never know what might get unearthed by somebody and chucked on Youtube or wherever..

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grey Face posted:

I'm trying to remember a song with a kind of jazzy electronic sound, it would pop up when I listened to electroswing stuff sometimes. It wasn't in english, the chorus sounded like "jigo, hai, jigo, demo vas" and the rest was a woman going "da da da da DA da dadada". tia.

My guess is "something by Stereolab"

spiny
May 20, 2004

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

You could always ask H-Street themselves too as they're still about doing re-issues etc. Presuming it's just Tony Magnussen who's restarted it all. I was oh so tempted by their orange on black Hensley kingsize reissue recently, but at £100 over this side of the Atlantic I just can't.

Anyway a lot of those H-Street vids had soundtracks from local or at least unsigned bands. H-Street actually put out a CD of stuff from Shackle Me Not/Hokus Pokus, never went further than that though unfortunately. Wouldn't be surprised though if there's old demo cassettes or whatever floating around San Diego or SF or wherever the groups from. Sorry not much good for you I know but you never know what might get unearthed by somebody and chucked on Youtube or wherever..

yeah, the Hensley reissues were very tempting, but if I skated it I might as well have bought a normal board, and buying a reisuue for wall art, well I don't see the point :)

edit: oooh, though they are nice shapes, love a good ninties deck

good shout on the H-Street insta though, cheers.

spiny fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 8, 2018

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I was in the grocery store and heard an Easy Listening/Pure Moods-ish song. I thought it might be Mike Oldfield because it had that kind of drawn out ethereal slow pop to it with male vocals. I only heard the end of it, and one of the lyrics near the end before the outro said "cannot be seen" or "can not be seen". I'm about 98 percent sure, since I was trying to shazaam and once I realized it wasn't going to work I thought "I need to remember at least one thing exactly so I can google it" and wrote down "cannot be seen". I've tried googling but there are a ton of songs with those combinations of words and none seemed right to me.

I feel like the words were long and drawn out but I don't remember the melody. It was probably something or someone who is relatively well known because it was the in-store radio and I recognized pretty much every other song.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Superrodan posted:

I was in the grocery store and heard an Easy Listening/Pure Moods-ish song. I thought it might be Mike Oldfield because it had that kind of drawn out ethereal slow pop to it with male vocals. I only heard the end of it, and one of the lyrics near the end before the outro said "cannot be seen" or "can not be seen". I'm about 98 percent sure, since I was trying to shazaam and once I realized it wasn't going to work I thought "I need to remember at least one thing exactly so I can google it" and wrote down "cannot be seen". I've tried googling but there are a ton of songs with those combinations of words and none seemed right to me.

I feel like the words were long and drawn out but I don't remember the melody. It was probably something or someone who is relatively well known because it was the in-store radio and I recognized pretty much every other song.

Anyone have any ideas?

Which grocery store was it? Quite often it’s possible to look up in-store radio playlists for various stores.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Cultural Marxist posted:

Which grocery store was it? Quite often it’s possible to look up in-store radio playlists for various stores.

Fry's

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Superrodan posted:

Anyone have any ideas?

what kind of instruments? synths? guitars? tempo slowish? fastish? somewhere in between? when did it sound like it was from? higher or lower voice? had you heard it before?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I'm trying to find this Bireli Lagrene version of Les Yeux Noirs I used to have on one of those Gypsy Jazz Music compilations. I'm not positive it was Bireli but it was definitely extremely violin led. it had a really cool drum solo that was very brushes and bass, I think

Modernish

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The Peccadillo posted:

I'm trying to find this Bireli Lagrene version of Les Yeux Noirs I used to have on one of those Gypsy Jazz Music compilations. I'm not positive it was Bireli but it was definitely extremely violin led. it had a really cool drum solo that was very brushes and bass, I think

Modernish

It seems like most Bireli versions of the song are pretty guitar-focused. Is it possible you're thinking of something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyuoyKYUCM

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

what kind of instruments? synths? guitars? tempo slowish? fastish? somewhere in between? when did it sound like it was from? higher or lower voice? had you heard it before?

Slow, if I had to guess it was made over 10 years ago. I don't remember much but it seemed like guitars or other string instruments. I kind of wrote down the lyric and forgot the details because usually if I have lyrics it's enough to google.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Erebus posted:

It seems like most Bireli versions of the song are pretty guitar-focused. Is it possible you're thinking of something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyuoyKYUCM

It is not

Grapelli, maybe?

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 15, 2018

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Trying to figure this one out. It was a 60s(?) pop-jazz instrumental, very popular, and mostly trumpet. It goes something like this:

Buh-da BAH BAH BAH DA BAH
Buh-da BAH BA DAH
Buh buh da bah da

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Herp Alpert's Tijuana Taxi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfG5Nftpp4I

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Thanks. That was driving me nuts.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
This is kind of a long shot, but I'll try. In the late 90s/early 2000s I remember seeing an anime music video for a house song. It was about an astronaut fixing things around his spaceship while singing to the song. I'm almost positive it wasn't Daft Punk. Does anyone remember?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Spermando posted:

This is kind of a long shot, but I'll try. In the late 90s/early 2000s I remember seeing an anime music video for a house song. It was about an astronaut fixing things around his spaceship while singing to the song. I'm almost positive it wasn't Daft Punk. Does anyone remember?

It's Daft Punk - Digital Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzBvqY5PP0

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
That's the one. For some reason I'd never seen that part of the anime until now.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Can anyone identify a specific track? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ew0xYZODQ&t=3140s From 52:20 to 55:10, it's ostensibly from the Thor Ragnarok soundtrack but doesn't seem to exist outside of this video. I went through the entire track list and none of them matched. :shrug:

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

Can anyone identify a specific track? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ew0xYZODQ&t=3140s From 52:20 to 55:10, it's ostensibly from the Thor Ragnarok soundtrack but doesn't seem to exist outside of this video. I went through the entire track list and none of them matched. :shrug:

I don't know if the context of the video is going to help much, because seeing as how YouTube detected three songs that are not on the official soundtrack (the album or the movie), and how the running time of the video does not match the official soundtrack running time (vid = 67 min / soundtrack = 73 min), I suspect that the video is, at least in part, not the official soundtrack.

Synthetic Hermit fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 28, 2018

Kangra
May 7, 2012

This was a soft rock song, and sounds a bit like The Eagles "Best of My Love", but probably came a little after it. I think there's some lyrics about 'calling you' or 'your number' in the early verses. (No it's not "Rikki Don't Lose That Number". I'd call it more flaccid than either of the two songs I mentioned.)

I heard this song played live as I was leaving the farmer's market, so it's presumably popular enough to be in the repertoire of the musical acts that would play those.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Here's an awful one; A metal song I remember from a couple years back. It was all growly and accented so I can't piece together any specific words or lyrics, but they enter the refrain by going "Noooo" (or maybe "Go" or something) stretching the syllable over a beat thats something (very) roughly like https://goo.gl/vKv3af . I know thats worthless but like all those half remembered tunes it bugs me every now and then

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Kangra posted:

This was a soft rock song, and sounds a bit like The Eagles "Best of My Love", but probably came a little after it. I think there's some lyrics about 'calling you' or 'your number' in the early verses. (No it's not "Rikki Don't Lose That Number". I'd call it more flaccid than either of the two songs I mentioned.)

I heard this song played live as I was leaving the farmer's market, so it's presumably popular enough to be in the repertoire of the musical acts that would play those.

This popped into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVEohM8BOQQ

Kangra
May 7, 2012

No. It didn't rock even as hard as that. Thanks, though, since I never knew who sang that song.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

The Chad Jihad posted:

Here's an awful one; A metal song I remember from a couple years back. It was all growly and accented so I can't piece together any specific words or lyrics, but they enter the refrain by going "Noooo" (or maybe "Go" or something) stretching the syllable over a beat thats something (very) roughly like https://goo.gl/vKv3af . I know thats worthless but like all those half remembered tunes it bugs me every now and then

"A metal song" is pretty broad. Can you give an example of a band that it sounded similar to? Or a specific genre/era?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This was an intensely annoying one - I was at Home Depot earlier tonight, and there was an incredibly mediocre 00s-10s pop-rock song on the PA, and while it was not specifically a cover, it wholesale ripped off the vocal melody of New Order's "Love Vigilantes" in the verses.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Kangra posted:

is it yachty or more soft rock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Kangra posted:

I would find it very funny if this was Telephone Line by Electric Light Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77R1Wp6Y_5Y