Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
mountain cheneyville soup kitchens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bought a nice red $10 flannel and three enormous bags of Halloween candy (first year in my neighborhood, all my neighbors have said get at least 500 pieces because how crazy it is) for under $50. PBUC.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If I get more than 10 kids showing up its a miracle. By the end of the night I'm dumping handfuls into their bags. Might switch to King size bars since the turnout is so low.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

FogHelmut posted:

If I get more than 10 kids showing up its a miracle. By the end of the night I'm dumping handfuls into their bags. Might switch to King size bars since the turnout is so low.

King size will make sure they come around next year.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I get maybe 10 total, and I've always done king size. It's super fun.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I went through at least 4 bags of Costco funhouse candy last year. I might get 6 bags this year. It's really loving crazy on our street since it gets blocked off for block aprty and people drive and walk from rest of the city over. like too stressful crazy but it's cool seeing hundreds of people in weird and neat costumes.

i wish trick r treating in ones own neighborhood area was still alive but oh well

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I do a haunted house in my subdivision so I usually get 150-200 kids.

a couple years ago costco had a killer deal on the full size bars around this time but I haven't seen it since :(

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We only bought a single bag of Costco candy this year. Of course, it has everything we love because we totally bought it for ourselves more than the kids.

Last year we had a grand total of one trick or treater, so if anybody shows up I'm going to tip half the bowl into their bag.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

bloodysabbath posted:

I lived in Japan for a few months and it’s amazing how they even do crappy American fast food better than us. The double cheeseburger is the default at McDonalds. There is no single cheeseburger. Also the soda is never flat and the fries are always salted.

Huh? They sell both normal burgers and cheeseburgers at McDonalds Japan.

Anyway, proof of the double cheeseburger:

The taste is just as mediocre and overcooked as the old one, but drat if it isn't filling!

Original_Z fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 7, 2018

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Anyone seen the smoked whitefish around? I remember seeing it a few years ago and never buying one but I've been wanting one and they never seem to have it anymore. I think it's seasonal around the wintertime. It's a big whole smoked fish pretty much.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Those patties are visibly overcooked to the point where they look like they were deep fried.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Two years ago I started giving out toys (Costco playdoh pack) because I feel sorry for kids with food allergies. It was a hit in my old neighborhood. Now that I live in the county I’ll be surprised to get any trick or treaters but that means more toys for me!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Joburg posted:

Two years ago I started giving out toys (Costco playdoh pack) because I feel sorry for kids with food allergies. It was a hit in my old neighborhood. Now that I live in the county I’ll be surprised to get any trick or treaters but that means more toys for me!

That sounds like a cool idea, but was it difficult finding stuff that was for "all ages"?

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That sounds like a cool idea, but was it difficult finding stuff that was for "all ages"?

I usually had things like bouncy balls, toy cars, and funny glasses so most kids found something they liked. Since we didn’t get a ton of kids we let them pick multiple things and some kids really agonized over what to get. It was funny.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BaconCopter posted:

Those patties are visibly overcooked to the point where they look like they were deep fried.

:chef: cooked in the commercial conveyor pizza oven, no doubt. Which is a terrible way to prepare a burger.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Geoj posted:

:chef: cooked in the commercial conveyor pizza oven, no doubt. Which is a terrible way to prepare a burger.

:doh: I had forgotten that's how they cook the burgs. What a way to tarnish the blessed name of Costco.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Original_Z posted:

The taste is just as mediocre and overcooked as the old one, but drat if it isn't filling!

I want some of that 100% pork hot dog

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Original_Z posted:

Great, now I'm going to have dreams tonight about that bulgogi bake. I didn't do my usual work trip to Japan this year, so I missed out on stopping by Kawasaki for lunch one day.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
that bulgogi thing looks way better than the chicken ranch dressing one

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yeah, I'd definitely order that bulgogi bake a lot more often

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I had a bugolgi bake 3 years ago in Taiwan and it still makes me so mad it's not here in the US.

C'mon Costco, people might not know what bugolgi is here but just put it out anyway, it's delicious and word of mouth will spread! Just call it a beef bake or something.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Korean BBQ Bake

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Korean BBQ Bake

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Nah the average American would rather the microwaved bottle of ranch dressing wrapped in cardboard that is the chicken bake.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

arisu posted:

I had a bugolgi bake 3 years ago in Taiwan and it still makes me so mad it's not here in the US.

C'mon Costco, people might not know what bugolgi is here but just put it out anyway, it's delicious and word of mouth will spread! Just call it a beef bake or something.

Does it have Kimchi in it? Because this sounds amazing.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I just want them to bring back the Bibigo Jajangmyeon.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Good Dog posted:

Nah the average American would rather the microwaved bottle of ranch dressing wrapped in cardboard that is the chicken bake.

:catstare:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Good Dog posted:

Except it doesn't have ranch in it?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Warbadger posted:

I just want them to bring back the Bibigo Jajangmyeon.

I didn’t know they made one but now I must have it!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A couple years ago costco had really really good frozen har gao with sea bass and shrimp in them and they got rid of them :(

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Has anyone gotten carpeting through Costco? They use some Shaw Carpeting exclusively, and subcontract out the work. I was just wondering if it's comparable to something like Home Depot's 'buy the carpet, free installation' kind of thing. I figure even if Costco is a little more, 2% back for the exec, 2% back for the credit card and 15% back for a special October deal (normally 10%) should bring it back into line. If it starts off cheaper, then that's just amazing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Good Dog posted:

it’s not ranch it’s caesar dressing you uncultured swine

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

El Jebus posted:

Does it have Kimchi in it? Because this sounds amazing.

No kimchi, I believe it was just beef, cheese, and green onions. Had that sweet bugolgi marinade sauce though, and the same outer layer for the chicken bake.

Not the greatest photo I've ever taken but it was super delicious:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

it’s not ranch it’s caesar dressing you uncultured swine

I miss back in the day when they put green onions in the chicken bakes

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Cheese and bulgogi :catstare:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

skooma512 posted:

never had like, korean tacos?

they used to sell these at costco:

they had lee kum kee sriracha packets in them that were pretty good, sweeter than cock rooster brand or whatever

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 8, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

its probably fine. weird food combos are often great.

get a hamburger with peanut butter on it and thank me later.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Tacos don't have to have cheese. Cheese on a taco is more of Tex-Mex thing, anyway.

I love those big orange barrels of Utz Halloween pretzels, the Bats and Jacks. I give out real candy, too, but the pretzels are ALWAYS popular. One year I gave kids a choice of two items out of Snickers, Reese's Cup, Kit Kat or the Utz, and at least 75% of the kids took a bag of pretzels.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Tacos don't have to have cheese. Cheese on a taco is more of Tex-Mex thing, anyway.

I love those big orange barrels of Utz Halloween pretzels, the Bats and Jacks. I give out real candy, too, but the pretzels are ALWAYS popular. One year I gave kids a choice of two items out of Snickers, Reese's Cup, Kit Kat or the Utz, and at least 75% of the kids took a bag of pretzels.

Yeah you beat me to it. Street tacos don't have drat cheese on them wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Squashy Nipples posted:

they dont have kalbi on them either but hey it's america