Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I've been calling them Pikachuds :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Psychic event and all I get is loving nazichus

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i still need a female grumpig as one of the last pokemon for a full genderdex for gens 1-3 (minus gen 2 and 3 regional and unreleased pokemon). i've not seen a single spoink so far anywhere since this event began. why the gently caress are these things so goddamn rare.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

If you already have 2, would getting another make it the 'third reichu?'

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i still need a female grumpig as one of the last pokemon for a full genderdex for gens 1-3 (minus gen 2 and 3 regional and unreleased pokemon). i've not seen a single spoink so far anywhere since this event began. why the gently caress are these things so goddamn rare.

I just got to Vegas and they're everywhere

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Eox posted:

Reichu

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What's the easiest water pokemon to evolve for the field research?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

shut up blegum posted:

What's the easiest water pokemon to evolve for the field research?

Marill, poliwag, horsea, squirtle, mudkip, spheal, totodile and lotad all require just 25 candies.

Of those, marill and spheal are pretty common and poliwag slightly less common around here at least.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
But if you just want to evolve whatever you have right now, you can find them by typing "water & evolve" in the pokemon search box

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Loser_Rex posted:

I just got a shiny Pika with the hat. Are the shiny rates increased or am I lucky?

I got two shiny hat Pikachus yesterday having never had any shiny Pikas before. Made one into a shiny Reichu.

Also caught a shiny Drowzee on the first one I tapped in the event the day before. And a Minun the day before that, making 4 shinies in 3 days :hellyeah:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
The yellow team apparently had a project to hold all the gyms (288) in Turku (Finland) simultaneously. And they succeeded, getting the final gyms a bit after 4 am.

Congrats on a succesful project.

That said lol @ fighting over gyms at 4 am.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
That's kinda cool tho.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
On our discord we have a rare alerts tab, so if you find something cool, you post and it can send alerts. The issue is idiots not putting any info about the location! Got a Lunatone buzz this morning that only read: Walmart on Union Hills.

Which is a street here, but cross streets? General place where in the Walmart? No info at all.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

On our discord we have a rare alerts tab, so if you find something cool, you post and it can send alerts. The issue is idiots not putting any info about the location! Got a Lunatone buzz this morning that only read: Walmart on Union Hills.

Which is a street here, but cross streets? General place where in the Walmart? No info at all.

If there's only one Walmart on Union Hills then why would you need cross streets? Plus, if you're not willing to walk like 200m around a Walmart to find the Lunatone then you don't deserve it. Come on. It's not like the guy wrote "Central Park".

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Eh. We have that channel too and the mods often have to prompt people for more info. The polite and helpful thing to do is to give info people might need to decide if they're going after it. You might have your kids with you, so going into Walmart would be a huge pain, but rolling through the lot is nbd. Or you may be pressed for time.

Plus, since we don't have timers, you gotta figure how likely it is it will still be there.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
We have a nice tool that contains callouts to every gym in the area. Just put a ! Before the name and it pops a channel announcement and a Google maps link. For super rare stuff we also have @ commands that we can subscribe to.

Good for raids, but also helpful for most Pokemon locations. Most people will put the name of the pokestop or other general info.

I really like our discord, as it's laid back full of nice people. The other discord in town has mix of people from nice to spend.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, our local Facebook group (we're not big enough to bother with Discord, there's like 6 regulars) is pretty chill. There's one dude who's kind of annoying because he apparently has zero reading comprehension skills but overall we're pretty lucky.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
When it comes to helping other people out, most people are lazy af and doubly so if they've already got whatever it is. Even reporting it to Discord is already a titanic effort for them but at the very least I don't get that Walmart story above and most people will say what gym or stop it's next to.

The :effort: priority list is like:
  • name of gym/stop
  • cross-streets
  • name of store/park if that's what it's next to/inside
  • which one if there's more than one of this place in your town
  • actual address
  • where in the store if it's big/where in the park
  • what's the CP if there's multiples of the same mon
  • did you get it before the weather changed at the start of a new hour (for IV-specific ones)?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

If there's only one Walmart on Union Hills then why would you need cross streets? Plus, if you're not willing to walk like 200m around a Walmart to find the Lunatone then you don't deserve it. Come on. It's not like the guy wrote "Central Park".

Because could be in the Walmart, or near the gym by the Walmart, or anywhere in the drat parking lot, or actually by the other stop by Sam's Club that people call Walmart too.

And there's more than one WalMart on Union Hills.

If I do a report and it's near a stop, I'll put the stop name and the park name or business. I don't just say Mareep at Chandler Mall, good luck!

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Nobody around here uses Discord, so the local groups organize on Telegram and we just straight up share the coordinates since there's the option to do so.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
As soon as my plane landed in L.A. I caught an Arbok on the tarmac to finally finish my Kanto Pokedex! Ekans are nonexistant in Ohio.

While in L.A. and Las Vegas I added Azurill, Medicham, Grumpig, Crawdaunt, Lunatone, and Lileep to my Dex as well. This game is way better in a big city.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Went out today with the express goal of getting my daughter a mewtwo since she was 0 on every attempt. Last raid of the day she got one and goddamn my eardrums lol.

Proud of that little poo poo, and that she immediately made it her buddy.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
While some of you are out catching :rolleyes: shinies, I'm continuing to catch really powerful evolved Psychic Pokemon:

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Seattle has a pogo map again, praise be. As far as I can tell the actual pokemon aspect of it is a WIP, but its actual star feature is the real time raid map. We ended up doing a small chain raid of 6~ raids today. For seattle people its ultrapokemap.com. Finally caught a decent mewtwo on my main :3:

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I think the new technique is screenshot scraping off of actual devices. They still haven't fixed hashing.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah, somebody in my area that ran the scanner wants donated iPhones to make a raid scanner. I imagine it involves spoofing to hit gyms and scraping what it sees

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Hat pikachus are a cancer, especially with a gotcha. Normally I just mass transfer all <500cp pokemon when my pokemon storage gets full, but now my bag is full of 10 cp hat pikachus. gently caress off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yeah, I had to turn catching off on my gotcha because I was spending too much time getting rid of nazichus.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I caught a random shiny duskull way out in the boonies near my house. I never see Pokemon here.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Any ideas on what the next Field Research Legendary might be? I forgot what the raid rotations were. Groudon would most likely be next, correct?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fake James posted:

Any ideas on what the next Field Research Legendary might be? I forgot what the raid rotations were. Groudon would most likely be next, correct?

Regis would make more sense imo. If they continue the trend of trios.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I think it's funny that my 3 month old alt that's level 32 can't get anywhere close to finishing the final celebi quest stage of a gold Johto medal without just having my main transfer over a half dozen mons. The spawning system in this game is really weird and stuff like this shows just how badly spawns are done overall.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psychobabble! posted:

Seattle has a pogo map again, praise be. As far as I can tell the actual pokemon aspect of it is a WIP, but its actual star feature is the real time raid map. We ended up doing a small chain raid of 6~ raids today. For seattle people its ultrapokemap.com. Finally caught a decent mewtwo on my main :3:

Looks like it's Seattle only and not Seattle metro area just yet, but it's nice to finally see progress in getting back maps!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Does Spoink break out and run away more than other pokemon or is it just me? Not only is it annoying to catch but it seems to have Pidgey levels of worthless rates in a lot of ways.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I just encountered an Alolan Geodude in the wild. Is that going to be a thing now or were they always able to be in the wild and I just never saw them before?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

pubic works project posted:

So I just encountered an Alolan Geodude in the wild. Is that going to be a thing now or were they always able to be in the wild and I just never saw them before?

They just flip the switch randomly for no good reason at all, it seems. Diglett and Geodude are both spawning wild right now.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Beastyfella posted:

Yeah, somebody in my area that ran the scanner wants donated iPhones to make a raid scanner. I imagine it involves spoofing to hit gyms and scraping what it sees

My area, San Fernando Valley, has this. The two raid trains here both did 60 raids on Saturday

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got a shiny Hatachu while I was at Costco yesterday. That was unexpected. ABC - Always Be Checking for shinies!

Louisgod posted:

Does Spoink break out and run away more than other pokemon or is it just me? Not only is it annoying to catch but it seems to have Pidgey levels of worthless rates in a lot of ways.

I think it's just you. I don't notice a difference.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

We already have had Mewtwo burnout now for a while. I'm hoping the next boss doesn't require as many people (4+ well prepared accounts, or 6+ if a couple aren't great).

Give me Groudon so I only need one person, or Rayquaza so we can drive around and trio a ton of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Beastyfella posted:

Give me Groudon so I only need one person, or Rayquaza so we can drive around and trio a ton of them.

I just want them because they're the only legendary that hasn't come back yet. Kyogre came back, Ho-Oh came back twice, Lugia came back. Gimme some Rayquazas!

• Locked thread