Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

neonburzt posted:

Is there anything that this man will not say? I watched the post fight presser and he actually swored on his daughter’s life that he was disappointed at how the event ended.

I sure hope that he meant all that and we don’t end up seeing a clip of the brawl being used in a promo in six months time.

It's also possible to be disappointed on a personal ethical level (lmao ethics and Dana in the same conversation) while business wise having $$$ flash in your eyes.

He's a loving Trump supporting republican, these guys compartmentalize that stuff. Obviously it's certainly not a consistent or reasonable world view, but in his brain I'm pretty sure he can be both the disappointed parent and the guy making hype videos next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

we'll never see any of them but wishlist for the rest of Conor's career is vs. Tony, Holloway, TKZ & Nate

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

I think hyopthetically if Khabib were to have fought prime Frsnkie Edgar he still def could have won but it would have come down to sheer strength advantage rather than technique, he is the lightweight who comes to mind as having the wrestling chops to potentially avoid the danger zone while outworking him on the feet. But Khabib obviously is much bigger than Frankie so he could easily have just muscled him around. Not that this thought exercise is really relevant or provable anyway.

edgar doesnt strike me as physically strong since he could never hurt aldo no matter what he hit him with so he surely wouldnt be able to trouble khabib either. generally speaking i think fans value technique and knowledge too much over simple athletic ability and conditioning since you can easily see technique but you can't see the finer details of strength and aerobic capacity

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It just occurred to me that we saw Conor jump over the octagon and try to fight Mark Goddard. for some reason I think something like that happened twice and his punishment for that was nothing

mewse
May 2, 2006

If one of Conor's corner men was shouting abuse at Khabib the whole fight, he should have been stopped by the athletic commission.

I hope they recognize this when they try to throw the book at Khabib but lol at NSAC holding itself accountable

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
At least theoretically, I think somebody like prime Aldo is the best stylistic matchup for Nurmagomedov, even though he would likely be too small. Airtight TDD with great technical striking.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Gay Horney posted:

It just occurred to me that we saw Conor jump over the octagon and try to fight Mark Goddard. for some reason I think something like that happened twice and his punishment for that was nothing

nothing really could have been done in that case, it was at a Bellator event in Ireland with no athletic commission and Bellator hired Mohegan tribe to regulate the event, so Conor was just a spectator.
Goddard didn't press any charges and Dublin police probably got some autographs. iirc Dana said they changed plans of booking a fight for him as punishment but that's Dana talking

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys I really liked this weird gremlin dude who literally just did a somersault in the middle of a fight, is he always this cool?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cool is not the right word but he is always like that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

cool is not the right word but he is always like that

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes kind of like if you left dwayne the rock johnson in a hot car for 8 hours

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry, that clip misses the part just before where his immediate response to getting dropped is to do a spinning elbow that somehow just cleanly slices his opponent's face open.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/mealydistantaustraliancattledog

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
If dillon danis didnt want to get punched he shouldnt have spent his entire life being dillon danis. No punishment for khabib

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol, Tony’s fights are so insane. Most fighters instinctively shoot a takedown when they’re in trouble but Tony’s so weird his go-to is that drat roll lmao.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Tony rules

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

david carmichael posted:

If dillon danis didnt want to get punched he shouldnt have spent his entire life being dillon danis. No punishment for khabib

Danis deserved it for his hairdo alone.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Sorry, that clip misses the part just before where his immediate response to getting dropped is to do a spinning elbow that somehow just cleanly slices his opponent's face open.

be cool or Tony will ankle pick you

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
gently caress all this Khonor and Cabib poo poo, Tony "Ugly Tony" "Ninja Turtle" Ferguson was the real star that night.

I'd not seen that second dodge roll! :golfclap: Does it give him invincibility frames in UFC3?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

VagueRant posted:

I'd not seen that second dodge roll! :golfclap: Does it give him invincibility frames in UFC3?

It seems to give him invincibility frames in real life so it stands to reason

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
I recall some guy tried the same roll and got sparked, who was that?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like the second one because it looks like he moonwalks to his feet

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

cisneros posted:

I recall some guy tried the same roll and got sparked, who was that?

Jordan Mein maybe? He did a roll to dodge away from getting backed into the cage against Thiago Alves and then got TKO'd with a body kick like 20 seconds later.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
What was fergs walkout music last night??

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1048998282314362882

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dana is going to get whacked off by some Russian gangsters.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
khabib did nothing wrong

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

On one hand I get it but if Khabib would’ve spooked a fan and had them attack him, he could have killed them or caused a serious injury. I’m not trying to defend Conor but if you fight in the crowd as a dude trained to destroy people in combat you should have the book throw at you. Shouldn’t even be a question. I’m kind of surprised so many people itt seem to not think it’s a big deal though maybe I’m reading the mood wrong.

Perhaps I’m being an old school dork here but when I was doing BJJ the most important rule was that you never in any circumstance outside of life or death self defense ever attack or fight someone outside of competition. When you break that rule you strip away a hugely important part of martial arts and professional fighting. For a professional competitor it’s inexcusable and should take years of work to gain back the support of an organization.

:shrug:

It’s gross and reason #5283849 why the UFC is becoming less appealing every month to me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s exciting! Khabib is a scary motherfucker and I love it but there’s a point where I have to recognize that it has gone way too far. Same with Conor and the bus incident.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Kilometers Davis posted:

Perhaps I’m being an old school dork here but when I was doing BJJ the most important rule was that you never in any circumstance outside of life or death self defense ever attack or fight someone outside of competition. When you break that rule you strip away a hugely important part of martial arts and professional fighting. For a professional competitor it’s inexcusable and should take years of work to gain back the support of an organization.

Khabib doesn't do BJJ, MMA isn't BJJ.

Kilometers Davis posted:

For a professional competitor it’s inexcusable and should take years of work to gain back the support of an organization.

It took Conor ~6 months.

butros fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 7, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The rematch is for double or nothing

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if khabib gets some form of punishment then connor should be fired, the bus incident was a disgrace and legit hurt another person. the ufc promoting connor like they did for this fight is a sham and im glad he got beaten the way he did

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
agreed 100% khabib should fight BJ for title of GOAT

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

butros posted:

Khabib doesn't do BJJ, MMA isn't BJJ.

It took Conor ~6 months.

Same standards. The gym mentioned was mma focused, run by a dude who fought in the ufc once, trained guys for local amateurs. It’s the same way in every mma gym ever.

Not long enough and there was no actual punishment but $$$$$ heals all wounds

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Khabib is good, and should get a pay raise

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Its really funny that people got bent out of shape about people joking that the post-fight was a work. Like, if the UFC treated these confrontations and incidents as a problem and not a promotional tactic it wouldn't be funny you say it was fake.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

The Automator posted:

What was fergs walkout music last night??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLhzEGo4y8
same as all his fights as far as i can remember, produced by Pretty Tony

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dana is going to get whacked off by some Russian gangsters.

if i understand the finer points of steroid abuse correctly then i think he would enjoy that

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

handsome only face posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLhzEGo4y8
same as all his fights as far as i can remember, produced by Pretty Tony

Tyvm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

agreed 100% khabib should fight BJ for title of GOAT

khabib treats himself to tiramasu occasionally, but bj clearly eats anything you put in front of him. so i think bj is closer to a goat

• Locked thread