Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RIP Wilford Brimley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

marshmallow creep posted:

Didn't his character die several seasons ago? Would these have been flashbacks?

I think the last season I watched he was decapitated and his zombie head left to look around at poo poo.

So yeah, probably either flashbacks or someone starts carrying his head around to make quippy one-liners.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jamesman posted:

or someone starts carrying his head around to make quippy one-liners.

would make the show better, tbh

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I watched the first 4-5 episodes and said "wow, this is bad," and from everything I hear it didn't get better but is somehow still on the air?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

I watched the first 4-5 episodes and said "wow, this is bad," and from everything I hear it didn't get better but is somehow still on the air?

I think it's still the most watched show on AMC.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Moon Slayer posted:

There were these maps of "where in the US are different shows popular"

TWD was rabidly popular through all of Appalachia

I.e. everywhere that people wish rampaging hordes that they were allowed to shoot would charge onto their property

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

RIP Wilford Brimley

He's riding that horse cajun style in hell now

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1049006694905262080

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLckBZWfco

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGzAKP_HuM

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

Those were literally the best episodes of the series.

Like seriously if you thought the first half of season 1 was bad you haven't seen even 1% of how bad the show got.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boinks posted:

Like seriously if you thought the first half of season 1 was bad you haven't seen even 1% of how bad the show got.

Also true for Dexter

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Boinks posted:

tell me more :allears:

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Jamesman posted:

I think the last season I watched he was decapitated and his zombie head left to look around at poo poo.

So yeah, probably either flashbacks or someone starts carrying his head around to make quippy one-liners.

I thought someone stabbed his zombie head?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Azhais posted:

Also true for Dexter

Dexter was really good for 1 and 4, pretty good for 2 and 3, and then it had the steepest quality decline of anything that I have ever seen on TV, including True Detective. I have no idea how anyone could have wrapped up Season 8 and been like "good job everybody".

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Dexter was really good for 1 and 4, pretty good for 2 and 3, and then it had the steepest quality decline of anything that I have ever seen on TV, including True Detective. I have no idea how anyone could have wrapped up Season 8 and been like "good job everybody".

Have you watched True Blood?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dexter was basically "will people watch a series with a main character worse than Seinfeld?" and the answer was yes.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
True Blood always sucked though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dexter
s1 = pretty good
s2 = really good
s3 = eh
s4 = good
s5 = how do you gently caress that up?
s6 - rest = no1curr

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Season 1 actually had themes of banding together in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and scrounging for resources while avoiding the shambling horde. The entire remainder of the show is devoted to character drama, only none of the characters are consistently written or sympathetic enough that you want to root for them. By season 3 the zombies have entirely ceased to be a threat and our heroes are instead fighting other survivors who have military vehicles and thunderdomes where dissidents are made to fight chained-up zombies. And if that sounds dumb enough that it'd be fun to watch, 80% of screentime is devoted to the same six-ish characters arguing about whether they can trust whatever seasonal characters are going to get eaten by zombies, and either getting betrayed because they trusted them, or watching them sacrifice their lives to save the group and feeling guilty about not trusting them.

E: I will always defend the Jimmy Smits season of Dexter. All the non-Jimmy Smits parts sucked, but that man carried it by his lonesome.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Oct 7, 2018

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the only good thing to come from Dexter was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gAenGrKHKU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jimmy Smits is great, but somehow everything he's in immediately gets terrible. Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Star Wars, as soon as Jimmy Smits joins a project it takes a nosedive. It's like he's under some kind of witch's curse or something

Caufman
May 7, 2007
He and Alan Alda saved the last seasons of the West Wing, arguably.

Not my argument, though. That show loved hero-worship a lot lot and too much.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mierenneuker posted:

Dexter
s1 = pretty good
s2 = really good
s3 = eh
s4 = good
s5 = how do you gently caress that up?
s6 - rest = no1curr

You can actually stop watching when you hear the phrase "pardon my tits". Nothing good happens after that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

theflyingorc posted:

TWD was rabidly popular through all of Appalachia

I.e. everywhere that people wish rampaging hordes that they were allowed to shoot would charge onto their property

I honestly thought this was true because of its proximity to the show's locations, like wish fulfillment. We have the same folks here in the Ozarks. Why are mountainous people crazy?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People do also like to watch shows set where they live, especially when it's not a place that usually gets shown in media.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
People in the valleys live like zombies, people in the mountains live like they're in a zombie apocalypse.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ommin posted:

I honestly thought this was true because of its proximity to the show's locations, like wish fulfillment. We have the same folks here in the Ozarks. Why are mountainous people crazy?

Counterpoint: the highest elevation in Florida is 300 feet above sea level, and there's nothing in the mountains more crazy than any given Florida Man.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ommin posted:

I don't know. Why are you crazy?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You can actually stop watching when you hear the phrase "pardon my tits". Nothing good happens after that.

I liked Little Miss Pardon My Tits. Never watched past the end of that season because they killed off Cool Black Sargent.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this is nice, thank you

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So Mental Health D&D motivational posters? I can dig it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Oh wow, I actually know the dude that made this. It feels weird seeing it here.