Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I failed to do a thing but also got a thing last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asphyxious posted:

Is this a scum bus?

I mean I’m pretty sure it is IS but these reasons are a bit yikes.

Not on my part, at least, just trying to collate last thoughts of someone who flipped investigator. Though given he likely only had one night to use his power, unsure which of the judgements is based on that if any.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Max posted:

Secret things or sharable things?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I do think it should be pointed out that it's now D3 and KB is still alive. Does that mean by his new meta that he's scum?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I’ll probably share it in a bit once people have chef in, I’m out of shine so no point in keeping it secret.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

We're gonna have to wait to see if anyone else says something, but it's interesting that MMT just claimed to have gotten a 1-shot roleblock.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Strong doubt it was her.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

:ghost: You bastards murdered a little girl! I hope the whole wagon train dies in a fire! :ghost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also given bk flipped sk, was one kill blocked night 1?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Interestingly my thing failed last night too. Hmmm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Phone posting so going to be less specific then usual. Got some kind of lock from someone night before last. Got to use it as a jail last night. Targeted sniper.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Also given bk flipped sk, was one kill blocked night 1?

I would assume it would be doctored rather than blocked.

After all, why would the scum team block their own member from making a kill?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so now I'm supposed to believe that there were 3 blocks going around last night?

Or are we going to assume that there is a bus (wagon) driver out there?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Xad posted:

Woah yeah, I forgot KB was in this game, woops

Btw this exchange about me at like 9am on a weekday after a night of Aussie talk was super duper weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, it looks like the weird scribbled note that was left with the other dead bodies wasn't on this one.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Wait, so now I'm supposed to believe that there were 3 blocks going around last night?

Or two and some people picked the same target or a nexus or something else.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I do think it should be pointed out that it's now D3 and KB is still alive. Does that mean by his new meta that he's scum?

Maybe people finally feel guilty about killing me early every game. And or they finally realize I'm not a huge threat till late game with my new style(which was also part of the purpose).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Probably several people targeted sniper.

Maybe we can narrow down the killer last night as a result.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Given that I'm about to claim an investigation, TMM, you should be prepared for the fact that there are a lot of duplicate powers flying around.

But since beet's action failed as well, and I know I wasn't jailed (nor was my target I think since it looks like sniper was) I think it's safe to assume there was a redirect or nexus?

Nexus doesn't make a lot of sense since I was targeted by two other people successfully.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Given that I'm about to claim an investigation, TMM, you should be prepared for the fact that there are a lot of duplicate powers flying around.

But since beet's action failed as well, and I know I wasn't jailed (nor was my target I think since it looks like sniper was) I think it's safe to assume there was a redirect or nexus?

Nexus doesn't make a lot of sense since I was targeted by two other people successfully.

oh of course, you got an item and uhh two people?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Probably several people targeted sniper.

Maybe we can narrow down the killer last night as a result.

i didn't target sniper

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, no point in holding this back: I'm a shine investigator. Specifically a snoop, just like ice phoenix. I had two shine to start with and have now used both, and can investigate people to see if they are migrant-aligned or not.

Night one I targeted beet

Max posted:

This is where I voted too. One of the best strategies of Oregon trail is to take the most direct path. Why meander when you're just a poor traveler? No need for extra pain.

Though to be more specific, he's migrant aligned.

I targeted Bif last night but my action failed. I could have been roleblocked or something else may have been at work, who knows.

hambeet posted:

oh of course, you got an item and uhh two people?

Yeah I got hit with one other thing that I'm holding on to ftm.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, that "lay down the gauntlet" poo poo almost sounds like he was trying to communicate cop results, but if he actually had a scum result on IS you'd think he wouldn't stuff around with saying he wanted to lunch TMM first.

Need to check what he said at the start of each day, but he's new enough that he might not be aware of SA convention for best cop practices?

i thought the most common sub-optimal cop play was just to out yourself and the target, not obfuscate your result

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Anyway, no point in holding this back: I'm a shine investigator. Specifically a snoop, just like ice phoenix. I had two shine to start with and have now used both, and can investigate people to see if they are migrant-aligned or not.

Night one I targeted beet

Though to be more specific, he's migrant aligned.

I targeted Bif last night but my action failed. I could have been roleblocked or something else may have been at work, who knows.

Yeah I got hit with one other thing that I'm holding on to ftm.

wooo! i'm gonna die tonight.

yeah okay i targeted bif last night and got action failed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Important to point out: I was wondering if people with more friendly named powers were somehow scum but given Solus is migrant as well, I guess that's a wash (Asiina and IP had flipped snoop and snitch, which both have more criminal associations.)

I don't know how or why there were three investigators, unless "investigator" isn't a cop, but I have no evidence to back that up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

wooo! i'm gonna die tonight.

yeah okay i targeted bif last night and got action failed.

One of us will, probably.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well, four investigators actually.

*taps nose knowingly*

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I would normally hold on to a town result a little longer but it's a smaller game and I'd rather we start being able to take names off the table for this lunch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lol, jesus. Are you a snoop also?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Lol, jesus. Are you a snoop also?

i was. i've used all my shine. i'm a snoop and the power is linked to my incredible sense of smell when i drink shine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, same. Did you investigate N1?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i sniffed gaspy night one, because as if i was going to sniff anyone else on the first night. he came back migrant-aligned.

i tried sniffing biffin last night, but failed.

i've also got an item and left a breadcrumb earlier on because it thought gaspy gave it to me. IS spotted it thankfully.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh ok cool.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so i cooled on my IS as scum yesterday when i realised it came from him. and because he's spotted my breadcrumb and was satisfied, i can only assume i was also the intended target. so we just need to see if you were the intended target for last night max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yup.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i was 50/50 on sniffing you last night too. i was more suss on bif though and wanted confirmation or to clear her.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

i was 50/50 on sniffing you last night too. i was more suss on bif though and wanted confirmation or to clear her.

I don't have the sniffing flavor, but I feel you on the desire to snoop on bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*sitting cross legged around the fire, hands on each knee with palms facing up*

"there now that's all out in the open don't we feel better?"

*takes a deep breath*

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So that sounds like I hit bif with the jail and not sniper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah possible you were redirected.

• Locked thread