Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If the bus driver/redirector is town, now would be the time to claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

or something else at play.

King Burgundy posted:

If the bus driver/redirector is town, now would be the time to claim.

yup

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and then vote yourself because my thoughts on bus drivers are well known

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That they didn't claim day 2 is bad play if town or straight up scummy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm i just read back on my results pm and it just says 'my result is migrant-aligned' it doesn't mention gaspy by name.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just to keep in mind if there's busdriver shenanigans.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Feels like we could narrow things down significantly with some full claim action. But maybe it's still too early?

Just know that I'm on board if we go that way.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm....you know now it's really interesting that SL had that little rolefishing comment.

Is it possible that he tried to target Bif on N1 and got a failed action as a result?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Hmmm....you know now it's really interesting that SL had that little rolefishing comment.

Is it possible that he tried to target Bif on N1 and got a failed action as a result?

i was wondering about that too, but i didn't want to highlight it until bif had spoken.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but in hindsight that's probably dumb if she was scum she probably had flagged it already.

wifom on the night kill and all too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

i was wondering about that too, but i didn't want to highlight it until bif had spoken.

Sorry I ruined it.

It just popped into my mind.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

nah like i said, a scum bif would have noticed it too so it's not like the most awesome gotchya planning ever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

nah like i said, a scum bif would have noticed it too so it's not like the most awesome gotchya planning ever.

I mean that would be interesting and give bif motive to kill SL.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I mean that would be interesting and give bif motive to kill SL.

yeah that's what the wifom part of my comment was referring to.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'll just go ahead and say it, but if both Max and beet and IP are all - Vanilla {Snoop} - with the Snoop part being a direct cop action, then I think we might be best off ignoring their results because 3 cops (and possibly more) in such a small game is way off. So I'm guessing there is either sanity issues or something else going on.

Maybe ignoring completely is wrong, but I don't think we should complete clear someone based on the results just yet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'll just go ahead and say it, but if both Max and beet and IP are all - Vanilla {Snoop} - with the Snoop part being a direct cop action, then I think we might be best off ignoring their results because 3 cops (and possibly more) in such a small game is way off. So I'm guessing there is either sanity issues or something else going on.

Maybe ignoring completely is wrong, but I don't think we should complete clear someone based on the results just yet.

well that is a concern i have, true. and since the flip and max coming out i've been wondering what's moderating all the investigations? redirectors? multiple god father type roles? is it just enough that we're all two shot and more than likely going to blow our wads all on the first two nights?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

i sniffed gaspy night one, because as if i was going to sniff anyone else on the first night. he came back migrant-aligned.

i tried sniffing biffin last night, but failed.

i've also got an item and left a breadcrumb earlier on because it thought gaspy gave it to me. IS spotted it thankfully.

Wait what. I did give you an item.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and more than likely blow our wads on similar targets

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sorry about all the wad blowing. when you get stuck on a phrase you just roll with it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Wait what. I did give you an item.

wtf. well see that's what i thought all the scooby snacks were on about. maybe IS didn't pick up my breadcrumb but someone elses.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

well that is a concern i have, true. and since the flip and max coming out i've been wondering what's moderating all the investigations? redirectors? multiple god father type roles? is it just enough that we're all two shot and more than likely going to blow our wads all on the first two nights?

I mean it's possible. After all, shine is kind of the way to limit stuff like I did with the carnival stuff in Scooby Doo.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

wtf. well see that's what i thought all the scooby snacks were on about. maybe IS didn't pick up my breadcrumb but someone elses.

It was. And you breadcrumbed back something exactly to do with the item so where the gently caress is IS coming from in all this.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Phone posting so going to be less specific then usual. Got some kind of lock from someone night before last. Got to use it as a jail last night. Targeted sniper.

That was me.

hambeet posted:

i sniffed gaspy night one, because as if i was going to sniff anyone else on the first night. he came back migrant-aligned.

i tried sniffing biffin last night, but failed.

i've also got an item and left a breadcrumb earlier on because it thought gaspy gave it to me. IS spotted it thankfully.

Nope, this was NOT me.

I attempted to give an item to Solus last night, which succeeded, but unfortunately he’s dead now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

That was me.

Nope, this was NOT me.

I attempted to give an item to Solus last night, which succeeded, but unfortunately he’s dead now.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

It seems like there are at least two people giving out items.

If Gaspy gave you something on N1 and IP also gave something to someone.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

That was me.

Nope, this was NOT me.

Cool.

##illegallysober

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

It was. And you breadcrumbed back something exactly to do with the item so where the gently caress is IS coming from in all this.

thank gently caress that worked as intended. so IS is talking about someone else it seems

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote illegallysober

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

It seems like there are at least two people giving out items.

If Gaspy gave you something on N1 and IP also gave something to someone.

you mean IS?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I dropped the discussion because KB seemed to have figured out where it came from:

King Burgundy posted:

If the item had some kind of power I imagine they'd keep it to themselves so they aren't a target.

But if the item was just random nonsense like a ticket or something I agree it would be weird not to mention it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I just skim-caught-up and am lol'ing at this setup. I am also a Vanilla {Snoop} who can investigate at night for a shine (started with 2x) and get MIGRANT / NOT MIGRANT aligned.

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel confident that Gaspy is town. I'm having a lot of trouble making an alignment call on TMM because

Night 1: targetted Gaspy, got MIGRANT
Also N1: someone targetted me with something that made me motivated (doubles my ability's use) for N2

Night 2: targetted Sniper, action failed
Also N2: targetted someone else, got NOT MIGRANT

I'm not going to share who I targetted N2 until everyone has checked in and people have claimed Bus Drivers / stuff like that (unless people have a strong objection to that?)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Great, so now we get to wifom on whether one of the inventors is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

I dropped the discussion because KB seemed to have figured out where it came from:

that's your breadcrumb?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

wait so we can have four cops and you're not to concerned but two inventors is too much?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I just skim-caught-up and am lol'ing at this setup. I am also a Vanilla {Snoop} who can investigate at night for a shine (started with 2x) and get MIGRANT / NOT MIGRANT aligned.

Night 1: targetted Gaspy, got MIGRANT
Also N1: someone targetted me with something that made me motivated (doubles my ability's use) for N2

Night 2: targetted Sniper, action failed
Also N2: targetted someone else, got NOT MIGRANT

I'm not going to share who I targetted N2 until everyone has checked in and people have claimed Bus Drivers / stuff like that (unless people have a strong objection to that?)

unless the bus driver is scum and tehy're never gonna check in (or lie about results), but we have some time

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

It’s the one who visited the murder victim AND directly benefitted from his death.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gaspy, did you give me an item last night?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wait, how many cops do we goddamn have/claiming to have? Four, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*5 cops

whoever isn't a cop please raise your hand so i can vote you

• Locked thread