Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

wait so we can have four cops and you're not to concerned but two inventors is too much?

Oh, I'm absolutely worried about the four cops too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's essentially 4 snoops plus someone who was an investigator.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

IllegallySober posted:

I attempted to give an item to Solus last night, which succeeded, but unfortunately he’s dead now.

Why Solus?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

It’s the one who visited the murder victim AND directly benefitted from his death.

did i miss something?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I just want to check, did multiple people say they copped bif and each time it failed?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

*5 cops

whoever isn't a cop please raise your hand so i can vote you

I was about to ask who was the 5th cop, but caught Max's post and remembered the investigator.

Although we don't know if the investigator got actual cop results or if they are a tracker or something else.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I just want to check, did multiple people say they copped bif and each time it failed?

max and i, yes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I was about to ask who was the 5th cop, but caught Max's post and remembered the investigator.

Although we don't know if the investigator got actual cop results or if they are a tracker or something else.

that is a good point, let me amend that to 5 investigation type roles.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i just got what you mean gaspy nm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

We also might have confirmation that sniper was actually jailed last night too since MMT is saying she targeted him but failed and KB said he targeted sniper with a jail.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

did i miss something?

IS targeted Solus last night, and I have a case on IS but I’m at work at the moment and can’t type it up.

Check the end of last day though, I’m pretty sure I’m right. IS killed Solus to try to clear himself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

that's your breadcrumb?

I didn’t know what the recipient would be told about what they’ve received (i.e. what it did).

In this case, the item was a Stout Padlock so in retrospect it was probably pretty obvious even without the full description, but I was still somewhat surprised KB didn’t mention it. When he posted that response, though, it was pretty clear he’s at least received it and there wasn’t any kind of redirect involved (which was my first concern).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

We also might have confirmation that sniper was actually jailed last night too since MMT is saying she targeted him but failed and KB said he targeted sniper with a jail.

so that might rule out a redirect of the jail. nice

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hi all my action failed too, don't @me cause I'm not on lunch yet

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have to say that it's really funny that we've got 3 people out there who I was calling scum yesterday all claiming to be Snoops today and none of them tried to target me last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because this is clearly your town game.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

What I gave him was a one-shot Shinecop. I figured by giving him that he could either use it to clear me, or would at minimum feel better about me being town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I have to say that it's really funny that we've got 3 people out there who I was calling scum yesterday all claiming to be Snoops today and none of them tried to target me last night.

i thought about investigating you for a bit, but to be honest i dont think you had been acting scummy. i think i said yesterday something about you being so aggressive i can't think of you anything but town.

so i copped bif because her tagging me then gaspy yesterday raised my hackles and i needed to try confirm or eliminate her from suspicion so i could move onto casing others.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I honestly thought you were a scum godfather trying to bait an investigation, lol.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I honestly thought you were a scum godfather trying to bait an investigation, lol.

:vince:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

What I gave him was a one-shot Shinecop. I figured by giving him that he could either use it to clear me, or would at minimum feel better about me being town.

Interesting. Were you at all worried that he might be scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I dropped the discussion because KB seemed to have figured out where it came from:

Yeah. I mean. I couldn't believe you gave me a jail item and really expected me to claim it and make myself a target before using it. I was a little baffled but tried to make my response as non revealing as possible. I figured you got it. But was a bit confused for a moment there today by beet saying he got your item.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Heh. I bet you wish you would have given it to me right about now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

Interesting. Were you at all worried that he might be scum?

No, I actually read him for town pretty strongly by the end of yesterday, so I wasn’t concerned about that.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah. I mean. I couldn't believe you gave me a jail item and really expected me to claim it and make myself a target before using it. I was a little baffled but tried to make my response as non revealing as possible. I figured you got it. But was a bit confused for a moment there today by beet saying he got your item.

Fair. I was more concerned either that it didn’t get to you because of a redirect, as well as it being good info for you to have that I was the one who gave it to you. I probably should have posted something differently, though, so you wouldn’t have had to reply that way. Worked out in the end though, I guess.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

Heh. I bet you wish you would have given it to me right about now.

It would have been nice to give it to someone who wasn’t dead, sure. But why you specifically?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

It would have been nice to give it to someone who wasn’t dead, sure. But why you specifically?

Oh just because your action would have been proven given that I apparently had a talking oxen watching me last night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Oh just because your action would have been proven given that I apparently had a talking oxen watching me last night.

Haha yeah I was going to ask, did you do that or did someone do that to you?

King Burgundy posted:

Feels like we could narrow things down significantly with some full claim action. But maybe it's still too early?

Just know that I'm on board if we go that way.

Yeah I'm going to sleep (for four hours :sadpeanut:) and then have a class+work day tomorrow but will be checking in / sharing results by phone later tonight.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

Oh. Yeah, I suppose. Lol.

(I’m only here for the next five minutes or so until the Texans game starts, but will check in after that if not too drunk)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Haha I just got a prod from the moderator telling me to go to sleep :ohdearsass:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

if he was worried about you sleeping he would have opened the game earlier :colbert:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Not sure if I'm reading this right:

IllegallySober posted:

I didn’t know what the recipient would be told about what they’ve received (i.e. what it did).

In this case, the item was a Stout Padlock so in retrospect it was probably pretty obvious even without the full description, but I was still somewhat surprised KB didn’t mention it. When he posted that response, though, it was pretty clear he’s at least received it and there wasn’t any kind of redirect involved (which was my first concern).

IllegallySober posted:

Hey IllegallySober, how did you not know what KB's item did, but you knew what the intended item for SolusLunes did?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

So... four snoops/one investigator (five in total) - two inventors/item givers, a snitch with a second apparently around from last night, some sort of role-doubler? thrown in somewhere, and potentially some sort of nexus/driver/redirect of some sort, along with a potential blocker. Do I have that all right?

King Burgundy posted:

Feels like we could narrow things down significantly with some full claim action. But maybe it's still too early?

Just know that I'm on board if we go that way.

Same on both marks here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I just skim-caught-up and am lol'ing at this setup. I am also a Vanilla {Snoop} who can investigate at night for a shine (started with 2x) and get MIGRANT / NOT MIGRANT aligned.

Night 1: targetted Gaspy, got MIGRANT
Also N1: someone targetted me with something that made me motivated (doubles my ability's use) for N2

Night 2: targetted Sniper, action failed
Also N2: targetted someone else, got NOT MIGRANT

I'm not going to share who I targetted N2 until everyone has checked in and people have claimed Bus Drivers / stuff like that (unless people have a strong objection to that?)

I'm going to go ahead and out myself. Feels like we have so many claims out there that finishing is a good idea. I inspired MMT night 1. I'm shine powered and have one left.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

Not sure if I'm reading this right:

Hey IllegallySober, how did you not know what KB's item did, but you knew what the intended item for SolusLunes did?

You're reading that wrong.

It looks like IS saying that he knows what his items do, but he wasn't sure if his target would get a full description or just the item name.

To me it reads like IS was given a list with 'Strong Padlock - User will jail target' or whatever and didn't know if his target would get that full description or if they would just get 'Strong Padlock'

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

You're reading that wrong.

It looks like IS saying that he knows what his items do, but he wasn't sure if his target would get a full description or just the item name.

To me it reads like IS was given a list with 'Strong Padlock - User will jail target' or whatever and didn't know if his target would get that full description or if they would just get 'Strong Padlock'

Ahh okay yeah that makes sense

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I was forgetting who said what so I started making a list.

Asphyxious
Claimed Inventor

n1- gave beet item
n2- assume gave an item to max

mmt and beet copped gaspy night 1 and got town*

hambeet
Claimed Snoop

n1- copped gaspy (town)
n2 - copped bif but action failed

max copped beet night 1 and got town*

IllegallySober
Claimed Inventor

n1- gave item (jail) to kb
n2- gave item(cop) to solus

King Burgundy
Claimed Inspirer

n1- inspired mmt
n2- jailed sniper

Max
Claimed snoop

n1- copped beet (town)
n2- copped bif but action failed

Murmur Twin
Claimed snoop

n1- copped gaspy (town)
n2a- copped sniper but failed (kb's jailing)
n2b- copped super secret person and got (not town)

was *motivated* night 1 giving her double ability for n2

:rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands:

Bifauxnen

max and beet tried to cop night 2 but both actions failed

Hal Incandenza

sniper4625

was jailed by kb night 2

TMMadman

Xad

* flagging the town reads because because redirector / bus / other shenanigans

I just split it alphabetically from full claim to don't know much. lucky i hit preview and saw kb's post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Someone gave me an item n2.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

beet: Good list, I think, only thing I can think of missing is:

Bifauxnen posted: