Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

If they do put out a revision, I wonder if there might be an option for buying just the core console. No dock, no controllers, and no wires for a reduced price. I'd think more people than usual might upgrade if that was available, and it's kind of a unique opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If there's no controllers, how are you gonna use the dang thing? Also, I'd hope they'd at least include an AC adapter.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think they mean an option to just upgrade from your existing switch.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

asecondduck posted:

Maybe if everyone copy & pastes this we'll all get ambassador certificates like we did with the 3DS!

No GBA games or anything, just the certificate.

I never played any of the games anyway :colbert:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ignite Memories posted:

I think they mean an option to just upgrade from your existing switch.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a.lo posted:

Hey Nintendo guess what? I hear you are planning a new Switch already not even two years after the first.

That bothers me greatly. I am a big Nintendo fan and I have bought all of your products first day. Whenever amiibos were announced I was the first one on them. I went to Walmart early in the morning to get one of the first Wii U in America (I have a certificate of authenticity). I preordered the Switch when ot first announced and still to this day a proud Switch owner.

Now 2 years later and with a child on the way you announce a new Switch? I don't know what the price is but I can assure you with a child on the way money is going to be tight.

Is this what is to be expected now? Should I wait an additional two years for another Switch? Nintendo for the first time I am dissapointed.

I think you misdirected this email. This is not Nintendo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think the revision will be a cheaper more budget friendly Switch since the timing makes sense with the 3DS finally being dead. I’d hope I’m wrong and it’s a Switch Pro. A modest performance upgrade combined with 1080p screen and better battery life would be be enough for me to sell my Switch for a new one.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't it a little early to speculate on anything, since we know exactly (paper rifling) nothing about what a switch revision would be like?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Does anyone else have issues with Switch Wi-Fi? Sometimes the signal is weak as hell and I've got one red bar no matter who I play agaibst, sometimes it's great. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to which I get

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Does anyone else have issues with Switch Wi-Fi? Sometimes the signal is weak as hell and I've got one red bar no matter who I play agaibst, sometimes it's great. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to which I get

The Switch WiFi is pretty drat weak when it comes to signal range. Try moving your router around or consider an extender if it’s a big issue.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Notendogs & Cats

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I Love My Little Cat.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Say hello to my Little Friends.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

help, my dog has jpg artifacts

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heath posted:

Isn't it a little early to speculate on anything, since we know exactly (paper rifling) nothing about what a switch revision would be like?

at the very least it probably won't be crackable with a paper clip

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Waffleman_ posted:

If there's no controllers, how are you gonna use the dang thing?

with my hands

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Looper posted:

at the very least it probably won't be crackable with a paper clip

This is probably the main reason for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hasn’t Nintendo already started quietly releasing Switches that aren’t susceptible to that hack?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hasn’t Nintendo already started quietly releasing Switches that aren’t susceptible to that hack?

Yeah non-paperclippable Switches have been in the wild since like July.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

If there's no controllers, how are you gonna use the dang thing?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I *can't believe GameExplain made a 30 minute hopes and expectations video out of that Switch rumor that algorithmically popped up on my Google news feed

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

I *can't believe GameExplain made a 30 minute hopes and expectations video out of that Switch rumor that algorithmically popped up on my Google news feed

It’s from some reputable sources. It’s very likely going to happen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spellman posted:

They really Explained the Game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s from some reputable sources. It’s very likely going to happen.

Yeah it’s not really a rumor it’s gonna happen.

We just don’t know what it exactly it’s gonna be

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Everyone has their tastes.

I like RTSes, but I'm absolutely awful at them.

...I wonder if there's thread material there: Games you like, but suck at.

Yes, there are multiple Dwarf Fortress threads.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pssht, it's not like I have HBO Now on my Switch to watch Real Sex on so there's no reason for me to hide what I'm doing on my Switch.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

asecondduck posted:

Pssht, it's not like I have HBO Now on my Switch to watch Real Sex on so there's no reason for me to hide what I'm doing on my Switch.

It's to block light so you can see your screen without glare.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was kidding but there are totally people who will buy that so they can play Senran Kagura or whatever softcore game on the bullet train.

In fact I would go so far as to say that's actually the point of the accessory, but it's sold as a "glare blocker" *wink* for the same reason that vibrators are sold as "personal massagers"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No its for the sex thing

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

No its for the sex thing

it's for the switch dingus

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

a.lo posted:

it's for the switch dingus
Does the dingus work in handheld mode or only over Bluetooth

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does the dingus work in handheld mode or only over Bluetooth

the dingus is the former, the dongle is the latter

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Your Computer posted:

help, my dog has jpg artifacts

Unfortunately we’re gonna have to put that dog to virtual sleep.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It prevents glare and/or glares

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I could legit use that for glare sometimes.

If imma look at titties I have a phone for that.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Everybody shut up for a second, Yoshiro Kimura is putting a game on the Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-teYMMF4owM

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
To be fair, the screen glare on the Switch is nuts. I'd almost buy one of those things if it didn't make me look like a huge perve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
But aren’t you