Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

was just about to ask what did i miss.

so bif's n2 failed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Oh you marked that with gaspy.

yeah i listed it as an action not as in who was holding

it's all about the giver not the receiver.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gaspy, yesterday when IS was talking about giving an item out and the breadcrumb stuff you called it fake. but you didn't follow up then or today. i thought you'd have been all over that like a rash

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like you were giving items out, and you didn't go all in on someone else claiming the same thing? (this was before we had 800 snoop claims too)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope that having a Lie Detector died on N0 isn't some kind of elaborate troll by Podima.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am going to tentatively say that mass claiming sounds like a good idea?

this sounds like a setup where maybe it's better to just play mafia and not get too caught up in night action bingo, but there could be some outright contradictions somewhere in this giant mess.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

was just about to ask what did i miss.

so bif's n2 failed too.

Went back through the thread checking my notes on yours and yeah, other than that only thing I can think of would be noting MMT getting the item D2, which was apparently the Singed Lasso/single-shot roleblock. And I guess Max's notes of item/other action last night.

Something is definitely off with the snoops. Don't think it's impossible we have a handful, but a total of five? (At least!) Anyone else wanna raise their hand and claim a cop at this point?

Would love to hear a bit more from you sniper once you're available.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TMMadman posted:

I really hope that having a Lie Detector died on N0 isn't some kind of elaborate troll by Podima.

cripes, didn't even think of that, if our snoops are naive/insane/paranoid or whatever, this might be even more a mess.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Went back through the thread checking my notes on yours and yeah, other than that only thing I can think of would be noting MMT getting the item D2, which was apparently the Singed Lasso/single-shot roleblock. And I guess Max's notes of item/other action last night.

Something is definitely off with the snoops. Don't think it's impossible we have a handful, but a total of five? (At least!) Anyone else wanna raise their hand and claim a cop at this point?

Would love to hear a bit more from you sniper once you're available.

I just got off my plane to find everyone in this game appears to be a cop.

More once I've had a chance to actually read the 100+ posts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

oooooh interesting i forgot that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I am going to tentatively say that mass claiming sounds like a good idea?

this sounds like a setup where maybe it's better to just play mafia and not get too caught up in night action bingo, but there could be some outright contradictions somewhere in this giant mess.

is pod one for making fake claims for scum teams?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sniper4625 posted:

I just got off my plane to find everyone in this game appears to be a cop.

More once I've had a chance to actually read the 100+ posts.

cop that!

*snorts heartily at own joke*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

is pod one for making fake claims for scum teams?

hm... I don't think he does go all out with the fakeclaims, actually. In Shine V people had gobs and gobs of flavour with names for each of their abilities, but scum had to try and fake that up themselves if something sounded scummy, iirc.

I'll need to double check Shine IV.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

I was forgetting who said what so I started making a list.

Asphyxious
Claimed Inventor

n1- gave beet item
n2- assume gave an item to max

mmt and beet copped gaspy night 1 and got town*

hambeet
Claimed Snoop

n1- copped gaspy (town)
n2 - copped bif but action failed

max copped beet night 1 and got town*

IllegallySober
Claimed Inventor

n1- gave item (jail) to kb
n2- gave item(cop) to solus

King Burgundy
Claimed Inspirer

n1- inspired mmt
n2- jailed sniper

Max
Claimed snoop

n1- copped beet (town)
n2- copped bif but action failed

Murmur Twin
Claimed snoop

n1- copped gaspy (town)
n2a- copped sniper but failed (kb's jailing)
n2b- copped super secret person and got (not town)

was *motivated* night 1 giving her double ability for n2

:rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands: :rubshands:

Bifauxnen

max and beet tried to cop night 2 but both actions failed

Hal Incandenza

sniper4625

was jailed by kb night 2

TMMadman

Xad

* flagging the town reads because because redirector / bus / other shenanigans

I just split it alphabetically from full claim to don't know much. lucky i hit preview and saw kb's post.

My actual shine role is called Motivator, just as an fyi. But my action is called inspire.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*flips table*

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi I DON'T have any investigative power!

My actions have not failed!

I guess I can claim if y'all want but I don't think it will help anything...

I'm a bodyguard, N1 I guarded gaspy (I was thisclose to guarding asiina but I am glad I didn't since that outed BK)

Last night I guarded beet

Assuming I wasn't redirected or there was no busdriving no one tried to kill them

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi I DON'T have any investigative power!

that's pretty scummy imo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

that's pretty scummy imo

Seems like it in this game.

Also for the record I once again chose the safe choice (B) and once again everyone decided to go the scary unsafe way what is with you people

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay so we only had one nk n1 that suggests that maybe gaspy was the target night 1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and thanks :blush:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

okay so we only had one nk n1 that suggests that maybe gaspy was the target night 1

No, I would know if someone targeted gaspy (unless there was some sort of redirecting happening)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, I would know if someone targeted gaspy (unless there was some sort of redirecting happening)

Because I'd be, you know, dead and stuff

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

gaspy, yesterday when IS was talking about giving an item out and the breadcrumb stuff you called it fake. but you didn't follow up then or today. i thought you'd have been all over that like a rash

I thought he was claiming messenger or something, I completely missed that he was handing out items. Saying “someone got something” in the vaguest way possible struck me as fake off the bat so I didn’t really delve deeper than that.

KB getting a thing obviously means I’m wrong, but I still think IS is scum and was keeping it vague as possible for that reason.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah Bodyguard dies if targeted.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Seems like it in this game.

Also for the record I once again chose the safe choice (B) and once again everyone decided to go the scary unsafe way what is with you people

Yeah I chose B too, I’m way into caulk.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Should be, bodyguard dies if their protect is targeted.

Gaspy, did you give me the item?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also chose B.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also lol it was a party at my place night one Jesus. I love you all too, thank you

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to really laugh if Pod dumped us all into another cult game after my big cult game.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Options for N1 based on information thus far:

*Scum decided to not kill anyone (unlikely)
*Scum killer was role blocked or otherwise inhibited (possible?)
*Scum killer chose Asiina as well and somehow avoided detection (also possible?)
*Someone doctored scum target (has anyone claimed doctor yet?)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

Should be, bodyguard dies if their protect is targeted.

Gaspy, did you give me the item?

I did! And I have another item to give, those who received items probably get why I don’t want to fullclaim but I’m a gadgeteer, which seems to be basically an inventor.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

Options for N1 based on information thus far:

*Scum decided to not kill anyone (unlikely)
*Scum killer was role blocked or otherwise inhibited (possible?)
*Scum killer chose Asiina as well and somehow avoided detection (also possible?)
*Someone doctored scum target (has anyone claimed doctor yet?)

Sniper you are rolefishing in Every. One. Of. Your. Posts.

Would vote sniper no sniping

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because I'd be, you know, dead and stuff

oh gently caress completely misread what you were saying. nm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I thought he was claiming messenger or something, I completely missed that he was handing out items. Saying “someone got something” in the vaguest way possible struck me as fake off the bat so I didn’t really delve deeper than that.

KB getting a thing obviously means I’m wrong, but I still think IS is scum and was keeping it vague as possible for that reason.

cools.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have a theory, but I want to hear the rest of the claims before I say it.

I'll tell you I'm extra suspicious now of Sniper given how sharey the rest of us are and how not sharey he is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

One claim incoming that has to do with the second thing that happened to me during N2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So only unclaimed currently are Sniper, SS3P, Bifaux, TMM and Xad?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Since we're doin' this... I'm the Gossip, funnily enough, with the ability to pull people into a - unconfirmed - masonry. So far I've pulled Bif (N1) and Max (N2) along into our snug little gossip circle without any issues or failures. That's... pretty much it for me.

So, if I have my notes correctly, for those still alive:

Asphyxious: Gadgeteer
Bifauxnen: Adapter (claimed in masonry, provided blessing to provide information)
Hal Incandenza: Bodyguard
hambeet: Snoop
IllegallySober: Inventor?
King Burgundy: Motivator
Max: Snoop
Mr. Humalong -> Xad: ???
Murmur Twin: Snoop
sniper4625: ???
Social Studies 3rd Period: Gossip
TMMadman: ???

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Max posted:

One claim incoming that has to do with the second thing that happened to me during N2.

Yeah, what Max said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Should expand on Bif's role, I think it's a shine role, but she can chose to vig or make herself bp each night. I think she didn't do anyting night 1 and made herself bp night 2, but it failed.

Also confirming I'm in the unconfirmed masonry.

• Locked thread