Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes everything I summarized about bif's role is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

her bp failed? interesting

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Max posted:

Should expand on Bif's role, I think it's a shine role, but she can chose to vig or make herself bp each night. I think she didn't do anyting night 1 and made herself bp night 2, but it failed.

Also confirming I'm in the unconfirmed masonry.

And confirming that this is what bif informed us of, yeah.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BP failing from a jail is . . . weird? It only targets yourself, though it just becomes usless at that point anyway.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Not to be left out, I was a shine powered tracker.

N1 tracked BK, results as the helpful owl confirmed.
N2, was going to follow Bif but wound up spending it under involuntary lock and key, but it used my last shine anyway. :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so the oxen?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMM and Xad left.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

so the oxen?

You’re right, sounds like a load of bull

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm gonna go to sleep but should be around tomorrow throughout.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You’re right, sounds like a load of bull

noice

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The oxen was me.

I'm Vanilla {Echo}

I even breadcrumbed it in my first post.

TMMadman posted:

Ok, can everyone hear me? I'm in! Confirming!

O C E H - M I'm I C

Yes, I know that Echo there is misspelled, but this way was more natural.

My shine role is a day action that lets me mimic the shine role of anyone who was killed during the night.

I mimicked Asiina during D2 and then used it that night, although it was an oxen. I'm assuming because we ate the parrot.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Since we're doin' this... I'm the Gossip, funnily enough, with the ability to pull people into a - unconfirmed - masonry. So far I've pulled Bif (N1) and Max (N2) along into our snug little gossip circle without any issues or failures. That's... pretty much it for me.

So, if I have my notes correctly, for those still alive:

Asphyxious: Gadgeteer
Bifauxnen: Adapter (claimed in masonry, provided blessing to provide information)
Hal Incandenza: Bodyguard
hambeet: Snoop
IllegallySober: Inventor?
King Burgundy: Motivator
Max: Snoop
Mr. Humalong -> Xad: ???
Murmur Twin: Snoop
sniper4625: ???
Social Studies 3rd Period: Gossip
TMMadman: ???

FWIW I’m technically called “Vanilla” but spend Shine to “Tinker” and “invent” things.

(I’m very drunk. This football game is not going the way I hoped.)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My day action is literally ##mimic

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

While we wait for Xad's claim, I'm also curious about who everyone's top 3 scum picks are. Mostly posting this here now so I can hear from the Aussie's who will likely be gone when I'm posting tomorrow.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Houston wins :hellyeah:

See you all in the morning, sorry I can’t be around for anything more substantial tonight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

While we wait for Xad's claim, I'm also curious about who everyone's top 3 scum picks are. Mostly posting this here now so I can hear from the Aussie's who will likely be gone when I'm posting tomorrow.

I'm honestly not sure right now. BK flipping 3P SK makes things weird for me and I'm not real sure the role claiming has helped anything.

I'm suspicious that there are 3 snoops, I'm suspicious of the 2 inventors, and I'm also suspicious of the unconfirmed masonry and everyone in it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I'm honestly not sure right now. BK flipping 3P SK makes things weird for me and I'm not real sure the role claiming has helped anything.

I'm suspicious that there are 3 snoops, I'm suspicious of the 2 inventors, and I'm also suspicious of the unconfirmed masonry and everyone in it.

Well, take some time and think about it. Sleep on it even. But ideally everyone would be on the table with their reads before MMT does her reveal.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Well, take some time and think about it. Sleep on it even. But ideally everyone would be on the table with their reads before MMT does her reveal.

At this point, I don't think that everyone is going to get their reads up before MMT does her reveal. She should probably be waking up in the next hour and since everyone except Xad has posted and claimed, I would encourage her to just post her reveal since this is just a short 24 hour day.

I'm not sure it's wise to hold onto that information for very much longer since we will need to talk about it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also kind of interesting that KB is asking people for their top 3 scum picks without actually offering his own.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Also kind of interesting that KB is asking people for their top 3 scum picks without actually offering his own.

I want to post mine with my theory. And I don't want to give Xad a chance to cover anything up with his claim if he's scum. But do feel free to deflect the fact that you aren't comfortable sharing your reads. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

at the moment? i'm still processing all the role info but to get the convo going i've got a gut feeling on bif, hal (bodyguard is always a safe claim) and i dont know. i need more time to think

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

At this point, I don't think that everyone is going to get their reads up before MMT does her reveal. She should probably be waking up in the next hour and since everyone except Xad has posted and claimed, I would encourage her to just post her reveal since this is just a short 24 hour day.

I'm not sure it's wise to hold onto that information for very much longer since we will need to talk about it.

Like you are playing a GREAT game if you are scum this time TMM. I'm really impressed. You've really changed things up and are copying your town game pretty well. But this is easily the post of a scum who doesn't want to put his reads on the table before he knows who to bus. And it is also TOTALLY unlike the town you that I'm familiar with from mason chat in the last shine. You had so many theories and tin foil ideas to share and were not afraid of listing all the possible scum out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I want to post mine with my theory. And I don't want to give Xad a chance to cover anything up with his claim if he's scum. But do feel free to deflect the fact that you aren't comfortable sharing your reads. :)

I'm comfortable sharing them, but I feel like I need to reset given the BK flip.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

you're right. i have no idea who tmm thinks is scummy :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

you're right. i have no idea who tmm thinks is scummy :v:

Hahah, well, we know his old views. But he has himself said he needs to rethink based on BK flip. Lots of us were drawing connections based on BK flipping scum, not SK.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm going to sleep but off the top of my head I would probably say IS, Bif and... Max maybe

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Top scum picks are IS, sniper and either bif or TMM.

I know you’re all like “but TMM’s meta” but his content and claim just seems off to me. Like the awkward breadcrumb and tunneling just seems anti-town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh the breadcrumb i actually scoffed out loud. that was terrible

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's all coming up bif

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Hahah, well, we know his old views. But he has himself said he needs to rethink based on BK flip. Lots of us were drawing connections based on BK flipping scum, not SK.

I'm also a little unsure how to play right now too.

I didn't completely full claim, but I guess I'll just do it.

On D1, I used my ##mimic to gain a 1 shot power of the lie detector, but it's a night action. There wasn't really much I could ask about during D1/D2, but obviously given all the claims today there is plenty for me to ask.

The lie detector has some limits that I think Pod has done before with his lie detectors. I can only test a full post and it can't contain someone's alignment and my results would be truth, partial truth, lie.

I kind of want everyone, even if they've already claimed, to make a post in a format like:

I am Regular Role {Shine Role} and I performed these actions:

N1: Action/Result
N2: Action/Result

I'll post my own in my next post as an example.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am Vanilla {Echo} and I performed these actions:

D1: ##mimic Izzhov and gained Lie Detector
N1: No action
D2: ##mimic Asiina and gained Snitch
N2: ##awaken the oxen

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm personally still suspicious of Max and Gaspy.....BK is also pinging me now.

I'm slightly cooled on MMT, but more suspicious about bif.

The unconfirmed masonry thing is also freaking me out and kind of want to kill one just to be sure it's not a cult or the entire scum team just trying to run a con.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm rereading and kind of having a hard time keeping it in my pants. TMM wasn't totally wrong about time being a factor today. Let me see if I can put some stuff together before I hit the hay. I still wish Xad had posted first, but meh.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I am Vanilla {Echo} and I performed these actions:

D1: ##mimic Izzhov and gained Lie Detector
N1: No action
D2: ##mimic Asiina and gained Snitch
N2: ##awaken the oxen

I am Vanilla {Motivator} and I performed these actions:
N1: Inspired MMT
N2: Lockdown Sniper

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm going to sleep but off the top of my head I would probably say IS, Bif and... Max maybe

Asphyxious posted:

Top scum picks are IS, sniper and either bif or TMM.

I know you’re all like “but TMM’s meta” but his content and claim just seems off to me. Like the awkward breadcrumb and tunneling just seems anti-town.

Why me, both of you?

(Fair warning- I’m not 100% sober at the moment, so this is the time to get truth out of me if you have questions).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

Why me, both of you?

(Fair warning- I’m not 100% sober at the moment, so this is the time to get truth out of me if you have questions).

do you liek me? [ ] yes [ ] no

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Why me, both of you?

I want to know your scum picks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I'm personally still suspicious of Max and Gaspy.....BK is also pinging me now.

I'm slightly cooled on MMT, but more suspicious about bif.

The unconfirmed masonry thing is also freaking me out and kind of want to kill one just to be sure it's not a cult or the entire scum team just trying to run a con.

the dead serial killer is pinging you?

did you mean KB?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

the dead serial killer is pinging you?

did you mean KB?

Yes, I meant KB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman