Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You could copy the sample flip? That’s crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

do you liek me? [ ] yes [ ] no

We were scum before once upon a time, so

[x] Yes

But that doesn’t mean I trust you this game.

King Burgundy posted:

I want to know your scum picks.

Not you, not Solus (he dead) not Asiina.

I’ll get back to you on the rest.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I am Vanilla {Snoop} and I performed these actions:

N1: inspect gaspy
N2: inspect bif (and it FAILED)

also starting to feel a little pied pipered

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

also starting to feel a little pied pipered

Did someone give you shine or you just started with a bunch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

separate clean post in case it's true and me saying other poo poo makes poo poo difficult

poo poo

IllegallySober posted:

We were scum before once upon a time, so

[x] Yes

hot diggety.

i wasn't talking about the game :wink:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did someone give you shine or you just started with a bunch

started with two. all gone now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Not you, not Solus (he dead) not Asiina.

I’ll get back to you on the rest.

Can’t believe you aren’t sure about BK too...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Yes, I meant KB.

I mean, you started the day off trying to throw some shade on me because I'm still alive. Which made me think that is part of your refresh this time around. Not killing Me/Max, but trying to throw shade at us and get us cuddled instead. :)

Having said that, you are in my maybe pile. You really are pretty much acting like your town self. And if you are really a town lie detector, I imagine scum kills you tonight.

The caution I'd give people here is if we do NOT cuddle scum today and TMM is still living, he may be making a game winning gambit(depending on scum numbers) by falsely accusing someone. But assuming we get scum thanks to MMT, its probably not a worry.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

The unconfirmed masonry thing is also freaking me out and kind of want to kill one just to be sure it's not a cult or the entire scum team just trying to run a con.

i was just wondering this

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

separate clean post in case it's true and me saying other poo poo makes poo poo difficult

poo poo

hot diggety.

i wasn't talking about the game :wink:

Hey there :wink:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can’t believe you aren’t sure about BK too...

Forgot about him. And Izzhov and IP too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, you started the day off trying to throw some shade on me because I'm still alive. Which made me think that is part of your refresh this time around. Not killing Me/Max, but trying to throw shade at us and get us cuddled instead. :)

Having said that, you are in my maybe pile. You really are pretty much acting like your town self. And if you are really a town lie detector, I imagine scum kills you tonight.

The caution I'd give people here is if we do NOT cuddle scum today and TMM is still living, he may be making a game winning gambit(depending on scum numbers) by falsely accusing someone. But assuming we get scum thanks to MMT, its probably not a worry.

Haha, this isn't Katamari Mafia.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I am a Vanilla {Confounder} and I performed these actions:

N1: nothing
N2: ##Confound bif

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

K. So my main theory is that Sniper is a liar and his actual role is some kind of Nexus or passive redirector or the like.

MMT failed and targeted Sniper.
Max and Beet failed and targeted Bif.

So what I believe happened is I targeted Sniper and my jail was moved to Bif. MMT targeted Sniper and her cop was moved to Bif. Max and Beet just targed Bif, so nothing changed for them and they hit my jail.

Since I think this is late game, and I'm still only in the middle of the living poster pack, I'm sorta breaking my new meta to case a little.

Max posts his action failed:

Max posted:

I failed to do a thing but also got a thing last night.

The town thing to do is declare your failures like this.

Sniper posts right after:

sniper4625 posted:

Secret things or sharable things?

Nothing about his failure.

Beet comes in shortly after:

hambeet posted:

Interestingly my thing failed last night too. Hmmm

After awhile, he is available again, he has read past these multiple failures to get to the post he quotes for this, but still doesn't post about his failure:

sniper4625 posted:

I just got off my plane to find everyone in this game appears to be a cop.

More once I've had a chance to actually read the 100+ posts.

About an hour later after he's presumably caught up:

sniper4625 posted:

Options for N1 based on information thus far:

*Scum decided to not kill anyone (unlikely)
*Scum killer was role blocked or otherwise inhibited (possible?)
*Scum killer chose Asiina as well and somehow avoided detection (also possible?)
*Someone doctored scum target (has anyone claimed doctor yet?)

Still nothing. Then finally once most of the main claims are out, he commits:

sniper4625 posted:

Not to be left out, I was a shine powered tracker.

N1 tracked BK, results as the helpful owl confirmed.
N2, was going to follow Bif but wound up spending it under involuntary lock and key, but it used my last shine anyway. :(

This is him knowing that eventually people would put together that he wasn't actually jailed, so he made sure his N2 target was the person that was.

Sniper is scum. We know MMT can't have copped him, so I think we have two scum dead to rights with her claim.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Wanted to keep this in a 2nd post so it didn't gently caress up the lie detector: Confounder is basically just a jailer but it costs shine, so that's why there were some failed actions on Bif last night. KB wasn't redirected as far as I know. Obviously I can't speak for Humalong but jailing can be really useful lategame, so it's not ridiculous to think maybe he wanted to save it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol you timed that deliberately to make poor kb type it all out for nothing, didn't you

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you are scum that was a perfect way to ruin my thunder. :)

I guess we'll see who MMT has a result on now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like, nothing changes about Snipers unnatural reactions here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I am a vanilla Gadgeteer

N1 invented something for beet
N2 invented something for max

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Invented a key to my heart

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Beet n Max, who should I give something to tonight? Either of you want another thing?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

For TMM...

I am Vanilla {Gossip} and I performed these actions:

N1: pull Bif
N2: pull Max

Both actions succeeded.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

hambeet posted:

lol you timed that deliberately to make poor kb type it all out for nothing, didn't you

King Burgundy posted:

If you are scum that was a perfect way to ruin my thunder. :)

I guess we'll see who MMT has a result on now.

lmao I absolutely did not do that on purpose and I'm so sorry KB

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Beet n Max, who should I give something to tonight? Either of you want another thing?

uhh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You started with more than 2 shine Gaspy?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BEET A MAX

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

For the record, one of the things I'm on the lookout for are possible targets for my last inspire. It felt like maybe I missed the boat on that with everyone being out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Like, nothing changes about Snipers unnatural reactions here.

well, i just went back and saw and you posted about jailing sniper already, so the cat was out of the bag ~ 30 mins after he asked that shared / secret thing. so does it? the only odd thing is he doesn't come back and say "yeah as KB said i was jailed" it's like he missed your post completely.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hal wanted to know if i could cop again tonight, but he hasn't asked anyone else that has he? :raise:

not worried about max copping people hal?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

well, i just went back and saw and you posted about jailing sniper already, so the cat was out of the bag ~ 30 mins after he asked that shared / secret thing. so does it? the only odd thing is he doesn't come back and say "yeah as KB said i was jailed" it's like he missed your post completely.

Even if he thought it was a no brainer to not share because it was out at that point, that wasn't the case with his first response. YOUR nature response was to claim you also failed. But his wasn't?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Xad posted:

lmao I absolutely did not do that on purpose and I'm so sorry KB

Since you are around, who do you think is scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Even if he thought it was a no brainer to not share because it was out at that point, that wasn't the case with his first response. YOUR nature response was to claim you also failed. But his wasn't?

yeah i see what you're saying, i'm not sure if it's a lot though. like i hesitated on claiming after max because i was like 'wtf no ones gonna believe'

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asphyxious posted:

I am a vanilla Gadgeteer

N1 invented something for beet
N2 invented something for max

What were your inventions (if you care to share?)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmmmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hal wanted to know if i could cop again tonight, but he hasn't asked anyone else that has he? :raise:

not worried about max copping people hal?

Nah I was more curious if anyone was giving out shine since that has been a big role in past games I wasn’t really thinking about anyone’s ability. It was just something that occurred to me right after you posted that’s why I asked you

I can’t fall asleep this sucks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

things that make beet go hmmmm
(things that make beet go hmmmm)
things that make beet go hmmm-hmmm yeaah

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nah I was more curious if anyone was giving out shine since that has been a big role in past games I wasn’t really thinking about anyone’s ability. It was just something that occurred to me right after you posted that’s why I asked you

Podima posted:

[*]Shine cannot be traded between players. Hoard your booze!

I assume this from the OP means no.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Last thoughts for the night, prolly:

We have a lot of provable actions last night that kind of narrow who the killer could be.

I think Max and Beet's failure claims were natural and early but I suppose you could disagree with me. Gaspy gave an item to Max. I jailed someone. MMT is going to give us a cop result. SS3P masoning someone. TMM Announcing.

If we believe Xad and Sniper, Bif was in Jail and Sniper was in Jail.

That leaves IS and Hal. Only possible killers. We know at least that IS is NOT lying about handing out items since he gave me a jail item on N1. It also gives him some mad cred since not many scum are going to give out a jail item like that, so if it was really down to those two I'd lean Hal. But would there really not be any protective roles in a game with two kills(three if we believe Bif is a vig)?

Having said that. I don't necessarily believe Xad and Sniper. What if there is a partial truth there and I really did Jail Sniper as planned. But what if instead of jailing, Xad's confound is actually like a modified version of Asiina's games smokescreen power where they target someone and it fails all results on them. In this scenario, Xad and Bif would have preplanned that he was going to "jail" her to prevent any results happening on her while she did the kill last night. So that would make at least Xad and Bif scum, and I think the third would still be Sniper. If so, Xad is the only one MMT could have a result on, so we'll find that out soon? If it was this scenario and I was somehow wrong on Sniper, that is where I come in with a few of my other maybe scum choices.

---

I like this theory because I'm still trying to figure out how Pod, who hates cops, messes with our expectations with all the cops in this game. My nexus theory would be one way. This confound power would be another way, but they don't really coexist. We know the cops aren't all broken since MMT has gotten both results. If they got the confound power to mess with results, I'd also expect them to have a godfather or the like. So yeah. That's where I'm at for now. I'll reevaluate as necessary tomorrow once I see MMT's result.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

IS, Gaspy hasn't answered me, but did you also get more than 2 shine to make things with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Mmmm I guess, but that’s not quite the same as a role who’s purpose is to hand out shine. I take that OP to mean Gaspy couldn’t give some of his shine he started with to beet

• Locked thread