Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!
It's easy to forget (or not know in the first place) that Digital Extremes is almost as much the Unreal Tournament company as Epic Games was (they worked on UT, UT2k3 and UT2k4), so that name has respectable pedigree to it when it comes to good shooters. Of course the first UT came out in 1999 so by now I bet at least half of Warframe's players weren't born when it came out, but that's how time works I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

The only hard part of sorties is keeping up with the other goons.

Well. Radiation procs

Accidentally sweeping the third mobile defense console as an irradiated Mesa and tanking a sortie run is a right of passage, damnit

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Raptor1033 posted:

Accidentally sweeping the third mobile defense console as an irradiated Mesa and tanking a sortie run is a right of passage, damnit

Luckily the last time I did a rad sortie as Mesa, it was Survival. :v:

I survived just fine!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
DE is a cool enough company that I actually give them money for nifty little cosmetic trash that I would laugh at any other company for even offering me. And I'm not talking skins.

*pokes their recently acquired noggle*

Oh Limbo, I don't care what anyone says about you, you'll always be Bestframe to me.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

I’ve never found much use for Bulwark,

Supposedly, with the augment that allow you to maintain three of them, you can use it to completely block off a deposit point on some Index maps, meaning the enemy literally can't score any points. Haven't tried it myself though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Flytrap posted:

DE is a cool enough company that I actually give them money for nifty little cosmetic trash that I would laugh at any other company for even offering me. And I'm not talking skins.

Oh Limbo, I don't care what anyone says about you, you'll always be Bestframe to me.

drat RIGHT HE IS!

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Plains of Eidolon have definitely grown on me from my first exposure as a new player a month and a half ago. It was this weird stumbling block preventing me from going to Mars and I couldn't figure anything out and then I'd join a bounty and not even be able to make it to the location before other players had already finished the mission and everything was weird with a whole different economy and its like "gently caress this place".

Now I am actively enjoying it having reached the point in the game where it becomes reasonable to do all the different bounty levels and going eidolon hunting. Gara wasn't nearly the pain to farm up as I thought, and I'm really eagerly anticipating getting Revenant built. Even the fishing is a nice break.

For new players, a max-duration* zephyr** completely changed POE bounties for me. You feel like superman flying from one mission location to another; it's almost better than parkour, and certainly less work. Plus it's your '1' skill, so you have access right away.

* best accomplished using corrupted mods, but continuity, augur message, and streamline drop reliably in clan chat
** parts available in the dojo

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 8, 2018

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Flytrap posted:

i tried liking limbo but...i'm not big on his kit. maybe i haven't made the most out of them but i wanna free up a slot sooooo.

but i agree with the former, i will happily break bank to make my purple space ninja a reality.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Flytrap posted:

Some of that is also the art design for Warframe totally ruling.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Flytrap posted:

WF also gets the idea of microtransactions. I've been playing path of exile this last month and a single skill "microtransaction" reskins cost from $1.5 at the lowest up to like $20. A single stash tab costs $3 I think. In warframe, a $50 pack of platinum is 50 warframe or 160 weapon slots, and that's before any discounts. They also charge 0 for ingredient/currency inventory, which is also infinite in warframe but highly limited in poe. The differences are pretty stark tbh.

I get that a lot of people in warframe basically subsidize my sorry "only ever buy weapon/frame slots outside the cosmetics and palettes I require" rear end by buying various frames they don't want to grind for from the store/prime access, but still.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Flytrap posted:

I am seriously thinking about getting prime access this time round. Chroma, Atlas and Revenant are the last three frames that I don't even have the base versions of, I hear Gram is cool, and I love Rubico and already have a riven for it.

Speaking of Rivens:

Did I win?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Speaking of Rivens:

Did I win?

Crit Damage or Multishot is probably better than ammo max, but uh... yeah I'd still slap that into my Prisma Twin Grems in a heartbeat. :stare:

E: lmao, 95% crit with Pistol Gambit or 111% with Primed Pistol Gambit, jesus christ.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 8, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My favourite thing about it is that it's V polarity, and the prismas come with a V slot. Even without a potato it'll fit from the get go.

I mean ammo max is useful, especially with Lethal Torrent, but it's so close to perfect I don't dare reroll it.

I am looking forward to burning so very much forma on this.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's good enough to never touch again. prisma twin gremlins are solid and that's gonna make it great.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I am looking forward to burning so very much forma on this.

Only needs three if you go for corrosive damage and use 60/60s.

If you have the primed crit/crit damage mods then you need four.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I need four. I think I have enough dualstats to get it to almost 100% status as well.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Well. Radiation procs

I take Safeguard Nezha into every elemental or rad hazard sortie for this reason.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I don't know who this Tyl Regor guy is, but man his voice acting is wonderful.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Tyl Regor and Nef Anyo are voiced by the same dude and I love everything he does, more lines from that guy are one of the things I'm looking forward to most with Fortuna and Railjack.

aegof posted:

I take Safeguard Nezha into every elemental or rad hazard sortie for this reason.

You could do that, or you could critically gently caress with pubbies and other goons. Imagine and irradiated Ember, Saryn, Mag, Atlas, Khora, Nova, Harrow, Mesa, Rhino, Zephyr, Ash, Octavia, etc. laying down aoe damage or CC. gently caress I want to see if Titania can Lantern players and then the only way they can play is if they go operator for the next full minute.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Pipski posted:

Supposedly, with the augment that allow you to maintain three of them, you can use it to completely block off a deposit point on some Index maps, meaning the enemy literally can't score any points. Haven't tried it myself though.

On some tilesets you can use it to very effectively block doorways and paths to defense objectives. The AI isnt smart enough to go around so they all just pile up behind the rock wall.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I don't know who this Tyl Regor guy is, but man his voice acting is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWP1yETu9w

Incidentally, take a good look at his mask. It’s upside-down.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FunkyFjord posted:

gently caress I want to see if Titania can Lantern players and then the only way they can play is if they go operator for the next full minute.

Well I know what I'm doing during the next rad sortie.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Imagine playing with a nidus, and standing in his little garden when one of you gets rad proced. All those cute little waddling maggots going from docile cow to full blown Critters/Gremlins. Would make a good Short horror story.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It’s not glamorous but I’ve definitely murdered tons of people as volt. Pop my 4 to stun the crowd to let me revive this one dude, whoops I knocked the other two over :suicide:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I got blown away by something, still don't know what it was, last week during a rad survival. Dude apologized to me a few minutes later after he stopped laughing that the mirage he vaporized.

e; Never realized you could kill allies when rad proc'd. Would explain a few times when the rest of the party got wrecked almost instantly when I started punching a boss.

Now I want to punch someone intentionally.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 8, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I want to stomp my team into the air with no regrets.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I play Khora during rad missions. I'm fairly sure I've killed myself with my own strangle dome somehow.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Radiation procs are wonderful things. Did you know you can get stealth finishers on other players?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GenericOverusedName posted:

Radiation procs are wonderful things. Did you know you can get stealth finishers on other players?

I accidentally did a rapier finisher with my Destreza P on a goon once, it was sure something special.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You can bladestorm and fatal teleport other players as Ash.

Radiation procs are great. It's confusion for enemies and for us it just turns on friendly fire. Which is hilariously horrifying.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Venari will gently caress people up in a Rad Proc sortie. Its hilarious.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So how does Prime Access work? Is it monthly? Does it give you a Prime suit + platinum or what?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

McKilligan posted:

So, the Cassowar + Shimmering blight has been one of my favorite melee weapons for a while now, then I got this a few weeks ago -

THEN primed reach just came out...

THEN I remembered that Mirage's duplicates' melee attacks overlap.

I can kill entire rooms of sortie level enemies with 2 presses of 'e', it's beautiful.

Thank you for finally giving me a reason to regret not getting Primed Reach. You bastard.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So how does Prime Access work? Is it monthly? Does it give you a Prime suit + platinum or what?

It's a single purchase and it gives you exactly what they show on the page.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have no idea how people are getting 20k plat to blow on ultra-meta rivens.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I was gonna pick up the accessories pack from this, but for some reason I thought it was ~$20.

$50 can gently caress right off a cliff.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I have no idea how people are getting 20k plat to blow on ultra-meta rivens.

Buy plat every time you get a coupon, and you get more coupons, more often.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, the prices for the stuff is astronomical and stupid. they jack up the price of the accessories pack by also throwing in extra stuff when most would probably just want the accessories.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hobold posted:

I was gonna pick up the accessories pack from this, but for some reason I thought it was ~$20.

$50 can gently caress right off a cliff.

You thought it was 20$ because that's how much it cost during the Rhino/Nyx unvault, which was a reasonable price for once.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It clearly says $110 value so it’s actually a good deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, the prices for the stuff is astronomical and stupid. they jack up the price of the accessories pack by also throwing in extra stuff when most would probably just want the accessories.
The worst thing is that they apparently asked the community what they wanted to pay, and this is what people said they were fine paying.