Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Paging the Ice Cold Takes twitter account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Intruder's Law: Any baseball thread of sufficient length will devolve into a Cub thread.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros bullpen this series (so far):

7.1 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 9 K

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Will Harris can’t even get outs in the lowest possible stakes game

edit: :haw:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Reallllllllllllly want Josh James on the ALCS roster.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

At least I can root for the stros against the yankees/red sox with a clean conscience.

boo bauer, go stros

:smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:sweep:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I just read this thread - you'd think the Astros were getting creamed and Keuchel gave up like 8 runs instead of 4 hits over 5.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Always happy to see George give interviews knowing his struggles with his stutter that he's worked so hard on overcoming

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Shoot it :toot:

https://streamable.com/2ykg5

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I'm not sure I've ever had a team win a playoff series so non chalantly. There wasn't even any dramatic games. Ho hum, next.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

As bad as Rondon has been I can't believe they didn't put him on the roster over Harris

Or at least Joe Smith

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

As bad as Rondon has been I can't believe they didn't put him on the roster over Harris

Or at least Joe Smith

I believe Hinch's reasoning was ~*matchups*~, but yeah.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I believe Hinch's reasoning was ~*matchups*~, but yeah.

Who cares about matchups when it comes to the last guy out of the pen

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

I'm not sure I've ever had a team win a playoff series so non chalantly. There wasn't even any dramatic games. Ho hum, next.

First postseason sweep the Astros have had (on the winning side).

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

G-Hawk posted:

The Rockets did it twice this past season!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

The Rockets did it twice this past season!

The Rockets lost a game in both series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

The Rockets lost a game in both series

Yeah - but they were never in doubt, they were very ho-hum take care of business series.

• Locked thread