Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Augus posted:

it’s bad because it made me, a genius, wrong about what was gonna happen in a show for children, and this cannot stand

This is a funny + accurate read on some of the brain geniuses in here complaining about how the plot has progressed Wrongly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

First of all: Yeah, that teacher should have been in jail.

Second: Sakura was always a little uncreative with the way she used the clow cards. She mostly just spammed Windy. There were a LOT of cool cards she never tried to do anything interesting with even though they seemed really cool or like they had a lot of potential, that really bugged me as a kid.

You know when Sakura experiences the world without love? If I were her I'd be like "well, at least the teachers are finally acting appropriate... maybe things are actually better this way!".

Worse than that sideplot are the fans who defend it for whatever godawful reason they drum up, usually it's something to the effect of "glorious nippon is differenter than us so we must please understand that this is good and beautiful".

I used to try to think of many different creative uses for the cards as well. She got some good use out of The Wood, at least. I just keep always going back to The Flower. There's just so much that can be done that that! It kills me.

Scientific: Summon extinct flowers for study; have a close look at the first flowers to have ever evolved to help fit the pieces of evolution. (Basically flowers put global terrestial speciation into overdrive)

Floristry: produce any blossom or inflorescence at no cost.

Horticultural: blooms can produce viable pollen for rarer plants that might only bear female flowers (in the case of dioecious plants), meristematic tissues from blooms could potentially be grafted onto stock, easing propagation, summon an assortment of blooms from different species from a genera that hybridizes easily and have at her.

Pharmacology: summon a number of different medicinal plants and reap the profits. (Sakura adding to the growing opiate crisis is a dark take)

This has been a post by me, in the worst thread

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It's been a while since I read Sakura, but also weren't they in like 4th grade or something :gonk:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lmao the kid in the teacher/student plot was in kindergarten. yes really.

Don’t worry, he intended to wait until she was 16, like Sakuras mom.

Don’t read clamp.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pick posted:

Don’t read clamp.

This is good advise.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Pick posted:

Lmao the kid in the teacher/student plot was in kindergarten. yes really.

Don’t worry, he intended to wait until she was 16, like Sakuras mom.

Don’t read clamp.

Yeah, to quote "right now it's just a ring, when you're older, it will be an engagement ring." INFINITE SCREAMING. Also see: the major secondary couple of the first arc of Marmalade Boy. Definitely "different," doesn't make it even slightly not horrifying.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Don’t read clamp.

Also it's an all female mangaka group as well, so make of that what you will.

They do some cool stuff, but there are def some ~problematic~ themes in some of their work. (The 'on' switch for the robot in Chobits is in her vagina)

RG Veda, X, Magic Knight Rayearth, and Angelic Layer are all pretty good.
X in particular is probably their seminal work in the bishi genre

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

intelligent words about flowers

and, again, as you've already said: weed is a flower. That's an instant win for the "is the flower card useful" argument right there.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I have no idea what creepy anime you dorks are talking about, but could you summon weed, use fire and air cards to burn it all, and hotbox, like, a stadium? Asking for a friend.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

T-man posted:

I have no idea what creepy anime you dorks are talking about, but could you summon weed, use fire and air cards to burn it all, and hotbox, like, a stadium? Asking for a friend.

Canonically yes, but that episode wasn't allowed to air in the USA. It actually wasn't allowed to air in Japan either, I think it was only shown in Jamaica and Amsterdam.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Canonically yes, but that episode wasn't allowed to air in the USA. It actually wasn't allowed to air in Japan either, I think it was only shown in Jamaica and Amsterdam.

Weed is actually illegal in Jamaica

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Weed is actually illegal in Jamaica

Really? Guess it was just Amsterdam then and I was misinformed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why are you taking to me like I’m not familiar with who constituted the CLAMP team? Trap sprung but I grew up in yaoi world in like 2002, I know what women can write and how fuuuuucked up it can be.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I need screens of all the extra "crossovers" from that crossover episode. It went by so quick I'm sure I missed about 24 different references...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Why are you taking to me like I’m not familiar with who constituted the CLAMP team?

(Cause not everyone knows who Clamp are)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't know who Clamp are and I'd prefer to keep it that way, thank you very much. We have an anime quarantine forum for a reason.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

yaoi world.

I really don't know what Disney was thinking when they built that theme park.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yaoi wowie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I really don't know what Disney was thinking when they built that theme park.

And I thought my rear end hurt after Space Mountain

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

GLOSS posted:

I need screens of all the extra "crossovers" from that crossover episode. It went by so quick I'm sure I missed about 24 different references...

Cast of Villainous was in there even. And we finally found out whatever happened to robot jones.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Makes sense that Festro from SMFA was the most prominent of the hero statues, given that Ian was a SMFA boarder

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cast of Villainous was in there even. And we finally found out whatever happened to robot jones.

Is he okay :ohdear:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

He's still himself, so no. #whateverhappenedtoinceljones

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GLOSS posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure I could spend all night annotating that and still not catch everything. I mean they had references to old ad campaigns ffs.

But for this thread it revealed DEEP LORE: Garnet's glasses are prescription. :v:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Apparently Sapphire's VA just got engaged:3::kimchi:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently Sapphire's VA just got engaged:3::kimchi:

Awwww, congratulations to her!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The new Dove spot has gone live:

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1050032338103611394

The thought of them filming Peridot on a green screen amuses me to no end...

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Oh no, the short beardy guy with the big lashes is cartoon me.

That was cute.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/1050188283987316736

so this thread has a lot of interesting info in it, including the fact that the special was originally a full 22-minute special instead of the 11-minutes it got cut down to

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 11, 2018

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Bought some charcoals, proud of how this Aquamarine from memory came out.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Did I miss something? I don't remember ever seeing Ruby and Sapphire in Crossover Nexus.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LemonLimeTime posted:

Did I miss something? I don't remember ever seeing Ruby and Sapphire in Crossover Nexus.

It was from an earlier version of the story, their original story board pitch

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

LemonLimeTime posted:

rannum posted:

It was from an earlier version of the story, their original story board pitch

yeah the network rejected the 22-minute version and wanted it to be 11-minutes, and instead of just taking their original 22-minute storyboared and cutting it down, the OK KO crew decided to rehaul the plot completely into something that wouldn't be as rushed.

It's a shame CN wanted it cut down, because the original version looks like it would've been a trip

https://twitter.com/killapede/status/1050550366289387520
https://twitter.com/killapede/status/1050551484423663623
https://twitter.com/killapede/status/1050552213993480192
https://twitter.com/killapede/status/1050554105037447168

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Latest talking Simpsons has Rebecca Sugar on it

https://talkingsimpsons.libsyn.com/

There's a super cute story about her giving her zine to Matt Groening. And she loves when people make SU Memes using Simpsons stuff.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

twistedmentat posted:

Latest talking Simpsons has Rebecca Sugar on it

https://talkingsimpsons.libsyn.com/

There's a super cute story about her giving her zine to Matt Groening. And she loves when people make SU Memes using Simpsons stuff.

It's a great loving episode. Rebecca and Ian JQ (Who's also in the ep, and was previously on A Milhouse Divided) are both huge Simpsons fans, and the episode they talk about, The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show, is one of the most animation-insider episodes any cartoon has ever done. Definitely worth a listen, and a watch if you haven't seen that particular episode of the Simpsons.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's a great loving episode. Rebecca and Ian JQ (Who's also in the ep, and was previously on A Milhouse Divided) are both huge Simpsons fans, and the episode they talk about, The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show, is one of the most animation-insider episodes any cartoon has ever done. Definitely worth a listen, and a watch if you haven't seen that particular episode of the Simpsons.

Yep. I love them complaining about the "what where you smoking?" thing.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A Milhouse Divided also has a lot of stuff about OK KO. Matt Burnett also talks a bit about SU and a lot about Craig of the Creek on Lisa's Date with Density, though not to quite the extent of the other 2 episode

All pretty cool if you want some more inside baseball stuff about the assorted shows and insight on like, show running

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bart after Dark has Kate Leth on it and she talks about her work on animated shows to make them gayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Been 4 months since the last episode.

Just an incredible release schedule.