Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Dem crocs.

Lol it’s gonna be right 30% of the time I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

IS: what’s your opinion of my alignment?

Separate from your opinion on my alignment, I feel that you’ve been thoughtful for the most part in your reads and cases. I read your play as town, particularly in how you explained your target choices last night (you’d mentioned those two players little or not at all prior to that, in a quick skim of your posts). It’s unfortunate for me that you seem to read me so strongly as scum because I’ve attempted to be forthright in what I’ve done and why, similar to you, but your defenses seem to buy much more credit than mine.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

I think there are still a few people out who haven't made a claim post like I wanted which I believe includes bif and sniper.

I think Max and IS have posted it, but I may not have updated my notes.

I don’t think I did this yet. Will do in my next post.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

I'm also a little unsure how to play right now too.

I didn't completely full claim, but I guess I'll just do it.

On D1, I used my ##mimic to gain a 1 shot power of the lie detector, but it's a night action. There wasn't really much I could ask about during D1/D2, but obviously given all the claims today there is plenty for me to ask.

The lie detector has some limits that I think Pod has done before with his lie detectors. I can only test a full post and it can't contain someone's alignment and my results would be truth, partial truth, lie.

I kind of want everyone, even if they've already claimed, to make a post in a format like:

I am Regular Role {Shine Role} and I performed these actions:

N1: Action/Result
N2: Action/Result

I'll post my own in my next post as an example.

I am Vanilla {Tinker} and I performed these actions:

N1: Invented Stout Padlock, gave to KB
N2: Invented Tinted Magnifying Glass, gave to Solus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Regarding today’s vote, I think SS3P’s posts since the night action result has been revealed are pretty good, but I don’t think the result can be ignored tonight. If they flip town, then we deal with that fallout tomorrow.

I have about another fifteen minutes before I have to go back to work, and will vote SS3P then.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Regarding today’s vote, I think SS3P’s posts since the night action result has been revealed are pretty good, but I don’t think the result can be ignored tonight. If they flip town, then we deal with that fallout tomorrow.

I have about another fifteen minutes before I have to go back to work, and will vote SS3P then.

Mafia edit: ignored TODAY

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Guess I’m the only one around right now.

##vote SS3P

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

IllegallySober posted:

Guess I’m the only one around right now.

##vote SS3P

I am, but, well, :shrug:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
There's only about an hour left in the day, but what's the case on IS? Phoneposting right now

Anyways, ##vote ss3p

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's -1. I don't think there is any reason to hammer just in case people have more to say.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

That's -1. I don't think there is any reason to hammer just in case people have more to say.

Can today even be hammered with the voting rules? Not that I have much more to say otherwise than it's been fun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There's really no point in hammering, tbh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*looks back at snarling wolves*

"uhh... god speed social studies!"

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Can today even be hammered with the voting rules? Not that I have much more to say otherwise than it's been fun.

I think votefinder would still see it as a hammer, but yeah, based on what Pod posted, I don't think so.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

*looks back at snarling wolves*

"uhh... god speed social studies!"

As a gossip, I love to chat! Wolves are no different?

... right? :ohdear:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

coyotes. whatever

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

As a gossip, I love to chat! Wolves are no different?

... right? :ohdear:

I heard they can be a bit... snappy.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

I heard they can be a bit... snappy.

That's alright, so can I.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Social Studies 3rd Period (6): hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Asphyxious, sniper4625, IllegallySober, Xad
sniper4625 (1): Social Studies 3rd Period
IllegallySober (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Murmur Twin (0): Social Studies 3rd Period, Social Studies 3rd Period

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin, TMMadman :rubshands:

There are 12 people still alive. The person with the most votes at the end of the day will be executed.
The current deadline is October 08th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 45 minutes.

:siren: Today's execution method is Plurality (the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be executed thrown to the coyotes). The game day will be much shorter than typical. :siren:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey if night phase goes for three days again i'm voting pod when thread opens.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

a cruel and unusual punishment imo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

a cruel and unusual punishment imo

Agreed

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Outside of mechanics, I think IS would have been the better vote today.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max and I both pointed out there was a scummy looking connection between IS and Solus yesterday, and IS was (and still is) posting real bad. I think IS killed Solus to try and throw doubt on his own scumminess.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Can we talk game stuff in twilight

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Can we talk game stuff in twilight

Lol I forgot about twilight I was like poo poo I SLEPT IN I HAVE NO TIME

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Max and I both pointed out there was a scummy looking connection between IS and Solus yesterday, and IS was (and still is) posting real bad. I think IS killed Solus to try and throw doubt on his own scumminess.

Eh, maybe. I still think the scum lurk in Bif/Xad/Sniper more likely. But guess we'll see how the flip changes things.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I remembered twilight!

Great work either way SS3P, this game was pretty nuts and you kept up just fine. They aren't all this crazy and you should definitely play more Mafia games!

Now here's hoping MT's snoop is legit before we throw you to the coyotes :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh okay, yeah I didn't like the logic of this :

IllegallySober posted:

What I gave him was a one-shot Shinecop. I figured by giving him that he could either use it to clear me, or would at minimum feel better about me being town.

I also just remembered that strange interaction with soluslunes and bif. Where he asked what bif did, she said nothing and that was that.

Then that next night bif was protected from everything and solus was killed. Interesting huh?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:smugdog: Final Votecount for Day 3 :smugdog:

Social Studies 3rd Period (6): hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Asphyxious, sniper4625, IllegallySober, Xad
sniper4625 (1): Social Studies 3rd Period
IllegallySober (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Murmur Twin (0): Social Studies 3rd Period, Social Studies 3rd Period

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin, TMMadman :rubshands:

There were 12 people still alive. The person with the most votes at the end of the day was delicious.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 3:

:cheers: Everyone made at least 10 posts today! :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It had been an exhausting chase - mud-caked beasts of burden goaded to near-collapse, their drivers doing all they could to stay ahead of the slavering pursuers while others clung to the back of each wagon and fired off the occasional shaky shot at any coyotes who gained ground on the migrants. But what caught everyone's attention that day, most of all, was the frenetic debate that gripped the otherwise-unoccupied travelers - wild claims coming to light from chapped-dry lips, gnarled fingers pointed in accusation, and Shine-glazed eyes staring down potential murderers. But they could discuss no longer - the oxen were tiring, and the beasts were closing in. As their hungry howls shivered across the lonesome plains, the travelers laid hands on one unfortunate soul and unceremoniously flung her from the wagons - hopefully she truly was one of the killers they had been hunting... and if not, still better her than them.

Her screams echoed in their ears for far longer than they would have expected, even after they left the grim tableau behind.

quote:

Life has always been a little bit lonely. No matter what you tried, it felt like you never could manage to get particularly close to anyone. Something about how you talk - how you think - just seemed to unconsciously warn others off. Well, you know what? You're not going to stand for that! If people don't want to talk to you - well, you'll just have to MAKE them!

Goodness - that sounded a bit ominous, didn't it? You're really not all that bad. Things just get so dreadfully boring without new people to talk to... at least Shine has a way of helping with that.

:rip: Social Studies 3rd Period, aka Agnes Paget, Migrant-Aligned Vanilla {Gossip}, was executed on Day 3! :rip:

Decision Time!

The migrants have put enough distance between themselves and their hungry pursuers that there's little danger of them catching up, but some supplies were lost in the frantic chase. Will the wagon train:

A. Stop to Hunt and Forage, replenishing their food stores despite the delay to their journey - and running the risk of attracting even more unwelcome attention?

B. Tighten Their Belts and Press On, enforcing strict rationing of the remaining supplies, despite mounting fatigue, to get through the dangerous area they've stumbled into?

:siren: Please send me a vote for A or B along with any action (or lack thereof) you take tonight! Your specific vote will remain secret, but the result will be revealed at the start of the next day. :siren:

With thoughts of what may lie ahead on the rest of their journey running through their heads, everyone sets up camp and prepares themselves for whatever may come next...

:cheers: Night 3 starts now. You have until 8:00 PM EDT, Tuesday 09-OCT-2018 for night actions (and your vote) - please let me know if you are specifically not taking an action. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The contrast of this morning to the previous ones was almost shocking enough to take the travelers' breath away. After the dry heat of the last couple days' travel, they had opted to settle down by a partially-overgrown stream so the exhausted oxen could get some fresh water. As the sun rose to greet a new day, the sleepy migrants tumbled from their beds to realize that the wagons were shrouded in fog! Rising from the creek, it enveloped them in a chilly embrace. But that's not all that would send unexpected chills down their spines this morning...

quote:

Nothing is worth your time if it can't hold together properly, you've found. Even the most finely machined creations generally end up lacking staying power under your critical inspection. Certainly, you have high expectations - but what's the point if nobody can ever stand up to them? That's why you decided to take matters into your own hands, fueled by a few stiff drinks (at least one of which was Shine) - if others can't create the kind of artistry you're looking for, then you'll just have to do it yourself!

:rip: IllegallySober, aka Ronald Elliot, Migrant-Aligned Vanilla {Tinker}, was shot dead on Night 3! :rip:

Sad, really - how these tragic and violent deaths had almost become commonplace. As the shell-shocked travelers began to prepare a shallow grave, one of them swore as he tripped over a hefty chunk of deadwood - and then swore again when he realized that it wasn't wood after all!

quote:

Your parents always wanted you to be a doctor. "You'll never make anything out of yourself unless you stay in school and study hard!" "Why aren't you doing homework?" "Your teacher let us know your marks slipped by three points on the last exam, you're a disgrace to the family name!" Well, fine. You buckled down, studied your brain out, and made your way through the machine of education. At last, it was the night after your entrance exams for the finest medical school the States had to offer - and you had crushed them, for certain. To celebrate, you ordered a special drink of Shine - a rare luxury, for one as diligent as yourself - drank it down, took one look at the bartender, and vomited all over them.

Who knew that people looked so DISGUSTING on the inside? How could anyone ever want to be a doctor, forced to work with that horrible mass of.... squirming things, day in and day out?! The very thought was revolting! That very night, you packed your bags and departed without bidding your parents farewell - they would understand someday. But as for you - it's time to strike out on your own, for the first time.

:rip: Max, aka Alfred Van Hout, Migrant-Aligned Vanilla {Snoop}, was shot dead on Night 3! :rip:
Still another scrap of paper is found tucked under the corpse's finely-tailored hat, torn edges starting to fray from constant handling. Even when the migrants look at all four snippets of scribbled-upon paper gathered thus far, the maddened scrawls' meaning yet eludes them. There must be pieces missing still...

The wagon train opts to Stop to Hunt and Forage by majority vote.

While the men and women more skilled in the hunt prepare their firearms and game bags, others make plans to search the area surrounding their impromptu camp for any useful supplies... but the chill mist's refusal to lift despite the sun's dimmed glare reminds all assembled that danger still awaits the unwary.

Today's execution method is Standard Majority. A 1-Shot bonus will be available at some point during the day.

:cheers: Day 4 starts now. Deadline is Thursday 11-OCT-2018 at 10:00 PM EDT. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Not Voting (9): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, TMMadman, Xad :rubshands:

With 9 people still alive, it takes 5 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 11th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Today's execution method is Standard Majority. A 1-Shot bonus will be available at some point during the day.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Hey uh, MMT, any thoughts on that day flip?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote MMT

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

##vote MMT

Is this based on a result or anything because I really don’t want to put down a vote in these circumstances.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

Is this based on a result or anything because I really don�t want to put down a vote in these circumstances.

Do you think that the scum team is 4 people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean if this game started with a 4 person scum team plus the SK then I'll probably be irritated because I honestly feel that's too much non town for a 16 player game.

• Locked thread