Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I spent last night pasing a kidney stone. Sounds like I had a better time than watching this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CobiWann posted:

I spent last night pasing a kidney stone. Sounds like I had a better time than watching this show.

A little wordy but it sure sounds like a new thread title to me.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only good parts of dx were shawn, chyna and rick rude

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Brie's cat like reflexes

https://twitter.com/Rob0t73/status/1049475579974692864

rovert fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Oct 9, 2018

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Kvantum posted:

A little wordy but it sure sounds like a new thread title to me.

WWE Discussion Would Rather Pass a Kidney Stone Than Listen to Lio Rush.

DoctorGonzo posted:

the only good parts of dx were shawn, chyna and rick rude

No love for Handsome Harvey?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Brie should have been disqualified for using telekinesis.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given Daniel Bryan beat The Miz in Melbourne, are they finished with that feud? Coz if Bryan is now No. 1 contender, then you have to have him chasing the belt, as opposed to pissing around with Miz.

And if so, that was a lovely way to end that feud. Both men deserved better from the feud.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer this morning said WWE used Trish vs Alexa as a placeholder big match to sell tickets until Nikki vs Ronda was set up for Evolution.

Alexa/Mickie vs Trish/Lita was always the plan.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cool that the Bellas have somehow been worse than ever and get a title shot.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

Cool that the Bellas dont draw poo poo and they are main eventing

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I am only half joking when I say this, but after watching the UFC 4HW get worked up over the beatdown last night, I can see them helping Ronda at Evolution and us having to suffer from a UFC 4HW vs Bellas, Alexa, and Mickie match at Survivor Series.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Bellas get a huge pop and seem to sell a lot of merch so I'm not surprised they have a prominent role. I'm a little surprised they turned heel, especially since there's no way they're getting cheered over the extremely popular Ronda. Doesn't seem good for the "Bella Brand".

I'm glad Mickie is in a match and it's cool that it's vs. Trish without it being solely an old feud rekindled, since, of course, they can't really show footage of Mickie sexually assaulting Trish. It felt weird that Mickie is an active wrestler unlike Trish yet she was stuck playing the manager role in Trish vs. Alexa... especially since that initial angle really made Mickie James in my eyes.

I'm not psyched to see Lita in the ring again since I always think she's going to die on a moonsault or something but she should definitely be in the PPV in some capacity and I guess this is better than a singles match. Did I lose my mind or was she originally slotted for a singles match? Or was that just a rumor?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm not psyched to see Lita in the ring again since I always think she's going to die on a moonsault or something but she should definitely be in the PPV in some capacity and I guess this is better than a singles match. Did I lose my mind or was she originally slotted for a singles match? Or was that just a rumor?

Mickie vs. Lita was the originally announced match.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DarkstarIV posted:

I am only half joking when I say this, but after watching the UFC 4HW get worked up over the beatdown last night, I can see them helping Ronda at Evolution and us having to suffer from a UFC 4HW vs Bellas, Alexa, and Mickie match at Survivor Series.

it's a bad day when mickie james is the best worker in a 6 woman match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's a bad day when mickie james is the best worker in a 6 woman match

6 woman tag? Nah.

Ronda, Shayna, Marina, and Jessamyn vs Nikki Bella, Brie Bella, Alexa Bliss, and Mickie James.

Sad thing is, I can easily see WWE doing that because LOOK AT ALL THOSE MAINSTREAM STARS IN ONE MATCH.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
did John Cena move to China to get hair transplants

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it ended in two minutes with nia getting herself counted out and then they hugged. what the hell was that about

Teasing that Nia will turn into being fully heel again, because everything in this universe is a waste of time

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wazzu posted:

Teasing the gently caress that Nia will turn into being fully heel again, because everything in this universe is a waste of time

Please look forward to Nia vs Ember at WWE Evolution.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

Given Daniel Bryan beat The Miz in Melbourne, are they finished with that feud? Coz if Bryan is now No. 1 contender, then you have to have him chasing the belt, as opposed to pissing around with Miz.

And if so, that was a lovely way to end that feud. Both men deserved better from the feud.

The most likely option is that the feud will transition into Miz winning the title at the Rumble and Bryan beating him at Wrestlemania.

Sure, it's insane that Bryan got a clean win in this amount of time if that's where we're building towards, but that's where we are.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/VickieGuerrero/status/1049671502675828737?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DarkstarIV posted:

Please look forward to Nia vs Ember at WWE Evolution.

thank god they put the MYC and some NXT matches on that card because it is dire af

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Bryan's title shot's already been confirmed for the Saudi show, my guess is Miz interferes in the match that's going to be in the middle of the card because :lol: Styles couldn't even main event against Brock, he and Bryan are getting nowhere near the real stars of the night, Reigns/Braun/Brock and DX/Bros of Destruction

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

thank god they put the MYC and some NXT matches on that card because it is dire af

Dave talked about it on twitter, but apparently Vince has control of all the matches on the card so I wouldn't set your expectations too high for those matches. Because if anything, Vince will kneecap any match that he thinks would be a threat to what he wants people actually talking about (Ronda vs Nikki).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Meltzer this morning said WWE used Trish vs Alexa as a placeholder big match to sell tickets until Nikki vs Ronda was set up for Evolution.

Alexa/Mickie vs Trish/Lita was always the plan.

Probably to have Trish carry most of the match as the face in peril then have Lita do a bad moonsault to get the win.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu wwe

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Lita, but man her moonsault always makes me cringe. She gets no air on it whatsoever and it always looks like she's so close to breaking her spine. Just jump! Jump then flip!

Very unexcited for Evolution. Going to have to setup another Network burner account since my last one expired on Saturday, because I want to keep watching the MYC and at least see the finals of that and whatever NXT match is going to be at Evolution, but overall the show is disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, since this is the same formula used for all of the big shows like Mania every year but I guess I hoped it would be more centered on new/upcoming talent.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Very unexcited for Evolution. Going to have to setup another Network burner account since my last one expired on Saturday, because I want to keep watching the MYC and at least see the finals of that and whatever NXT match is going to be at Evolution, but overall the show is disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, since this is the same formula used for all of the big shows like Mania every year but I guess I hoped it would be more centered on new/upcoming talent.

Someone involved in WWE Creative 5 minutes ago:

"They are just now contacting girls. They have no clue what they are doing."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rovert posted:

"They have no clue what they are doing."

no... really?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

boar guy posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu wwe

You can unsubscribe from their marketing with literally a click my man

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bradzilla posted:

i have posted many times here, my man, about how i have stabbed every unsubscribe button on every email and none of them take. so i reiterate, gently caress you, wwe, for illegally not cancelling those marketing emails to me and sending 3 of them within twenty minutes and before 8 am

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

Someone involved in WWE Creative 5 minutes ago:

They literally cannot think about a PPV until the last one is over.

The only reason they can kind of do this with Evolution and Crown Jewel is because one is all men and the other is all women . It's like they are just building up to one long 8 hour PPV

Vandar posted:

Mickie vs. Lita was the originally announced match.

Was it? I thought it was a rumor.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why even have plans if Vince is just going to throw them in the trash day of.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

bradzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKU6fKhYpYw&t=74s

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

rovert posted:

:same:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Saint Freak posted:

vince is a senile psychopath that people give a pass because he put the wrasslemen on TV

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

is freddy prinze jr the only account of the writing room we have? because i would not be surprised if most of wwe's writing problems were a positive feedback loop of writers not trying because vince rewrites everything

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't want the NXT UK project to be actually real

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1049425271315734529

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boar guy posted:

i have posted many times here, my man, about how i have stabbed every unsubscribe button on every email and none of them take. so i reiterate, gently caress you, wwe, for illegally not cancelling those marketing emails to me and sending 3 of them within twenty minutes and before 8 am

I half sympathize, and half don't because you trusted them enough to give them a legit email address you use :lol: how did you think this was ending well

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I half sympathize, and half don't because you trusted them enough to give them a legit email address you use :lol: how did you think this was ending well

it's a throwaway address. im offended as a professional marketer by their shoddiness more than anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Corporations using the problems of people living in developing nations as a shield against horrible service seems, uh.

Bad.

• Locked thread