Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

posting this in every thread because it's important.

e: wow I sniped both of them without trying. must be a sign that bowsario is destiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Snackmar posted:

I bought Kemono Friends Picross because I love picross, but goddamn these puzzles are really bad. :( So far It's all closeups of character faces I don't know.

I just finished my 100th main puzzle (not including Clip), and I have only passing knowledge of what Kemono Friends is. I usually end each puzzle with "It's... that one!", which is not unlike my Picross experience of "That's... a sunset? Rocket ship? Oh, painting. Okay."

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

velvet milkman posted:

finally got around to playing dk tropical freeze and holy poo poo this game is extremely good. it's also pretty hard. every level seems to have a distinct theme and new art assets, it's really impressive stuff.

level 3-1 with the music and the bobbing giraffe heads was like video game ecstasy for me, just absolutely perfect

Its the type of game that feels much easier on a replay, and you pick up on even more details the second time through. It is truly an excellent game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Feenix posted:

Thanks for trying to help. No problem. Yeah it’s the door just south of the teleporter on the west and when I approach it shows 2 triangle shards that looks identical to what I have for the west. So yeah I’m stumped. :)

This messed me up a couple times and it still confuses me. Just know that if it doesn't open, you shouldn't be there yet, and you're okay to keep searching elsewhere. I think all the doors are 3 to 4 shards.

Maybe even go do North first, I did East-North-West-South and that felt like a nice progression.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You have to bear East North and West before you can do South. North’s boss was probably the hardest for me but west’s layout felt trickier.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bongo Bill posted:

Kirby is the perfect video game for a five-year-old.

Literally. My 4yo and 6yo nephews both beat it.
They're pretty good at the homerun challenge, too.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Has anyone played the Switch version of Worms WMD and is it any good at all? Mostly interested in it for local play, but would probably play some online too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After playing through Mega Man 11 a couple of times I have to say it's pretty disappointing. Good bosses and weapons, but the Wily fortress is probably the worst in the series. Incredibly short, only 4 levels. Mega Man 1 had a four level fortress, but it's levels were more involved.

In 11 there's two levels with bosses, then boss refights, then Wily. But the latter two are hardly levels at all. You just walk across one or two screens to get to the refight and there's no boss after them. The Wily fight has basically no level before it.

Also the first fortress boss is just the yellow devil from Mega Man 1. It's pattern is exactly the same, apart from it's new, very easy to dodge, power gear move. It's less interesting than any of the other Yellow Devil fights in the series.

The Wily fights are pretty derivative of Wily machine #1 and the same flying saucer you've been facing since Mega Man 4. So the fortress ends up having 1 original boss.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Circle Nine posted:

Has anyone played the Switch version of Worms WMD and is it any good at all? Mostly interested in it for local play, but would probably play some online too.

I’m interested in this too. I have a group of friends locally who love to play worms.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

my sweety got me super mario party for my birthday and god drat we gon drink and party like its 1999

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Worms has hardly changed in 20 years. I imagine the Switch version is fine.

Also I can't believe I was playing Armageddon 20 years ago.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

worms wmd is the best worms game in a long time but ive only played it on ps4. if it runs well on switch, the game itself is great

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's new or different since Armageddon

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Circle Nine posted:

It's very good. I haven't played Worms WMD on any other platform but the tutorials, single player, and local co-op stuff was all great. Lots and lots of customization for matches. Maybe too much.

All of my favorite weapons/mechanics are there, with a few extras that I don't care for too much, so I just disable them when playing with a friend. (mostly I don't really care about the vehicles, so i turn them off).

The single player stuff is very good, too. Quite a lot of variety in that. Missions with extra objectives, you can open up 'boss battles' against gimmicky single enemy worms, and so on. Just a lot to do.

I think we picked it up on sale, and it felt like a good buy. Around $20 I think?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm still dreaming of a Worms battle royal. Giant map with 100 worms, 10% of them move at the same time so you don't have to wait too long, and the maps gets smaller and smaller each turn.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Starlink is out in a week, not seeing much hype for it. Don't know if I'm going to keep my pre-order or not, hopefully we get some reviews soon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's been a ton of hype for it.

Previews have basically said it's Star Fox crossed with No Man's Sky

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

katkillad2 posted:

Starlink is out in a week, not seeing much hype for it. Don't know if I'm going to keep my pre-order or not, hopefully we get some reviews soon.

Everyone is waiting for reviews

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

katkillad2 posted:

It's a bit out there in terms of interests. I mean, you (optionally) use those toys to switch bits, the plot feels like your generic Saturday morning sci-fi cartoon - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I grew up with those shows - and to top it off, the game is a space sim with apparently deep gameplay mechanics with factions and real time events happening in the solar system.

So yeah, mixed feelings.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’ll buy it if it reviews well. As a NMS preorderer, I’m cautiously optimistic. I also want to find out for sure how much it will or won’t screw me if I don’t but the plastic chotchkes, because I’m not doing that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All plain tchochkes are available as standard dlc, with the difference you have to pause and menu them to change configuration instead of slapping on a toy.

The game comes with five ships and pilots though, which is about as much as I'd expect in a normal game. It is Ubisoft though who knows how much they push you to buy more poo poo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tuo posted:

I'm still dreaming of a Worms battle royal. Giant map with 100 worms, 10% of them move at the same time so you don't have to wait too long, and the maps gets smaller and smaller each turn.

I tweeted this at the devs because your idea is really good and now I have to have it, they responded in like 2 minutes flat.

https://twitter.com/wormsteam17/status/1049654017054400513?s=21

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Takoluka posted:

I just finished my 100th main puzzle (not including Clip), and I have only passing knowledge of what Kemono Friends is. I usually end each puzzle with "It's... that one!", which is not unlike my Picross experience of "That's... a sunset? Rocket ship? Oh, painting. Okay."

I think my issue is mostly that it's all the same shape of puzzles - like it's always the outline of a head and facial features. Like if the characters are all based on animals, why not make every other puzzle an animal instead of a face?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wait a minute, Worms is on the Switch? :aaa:

Worms Armageddon must've been one of, if not the most played PC game of my childhood

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I tweeted this at the devs because your idea is really good and now I have to have it, they responded in like 2 minutes flat.

https://twitter.com/wormsteam17/status/1049654017054400513?s=21

Worms battle royale when?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want a worms with planetoid levels and Mario Galaxy physics, tweet that at them

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I really hope Starlink is great. A space ship game is something I haven't played for a very long time.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I really hope Starlink is great. A space ship game is something I haven't played for a very long time.

Same, I just want something like Starfox 64.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Over There posted:

Same, I just want something like Starfox 64.

To play as Star Fox do I need to get the Arwing edition of the game?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He comes with the digital version according to the eShop. I think the Star Fox version is the only retail version on switch

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is there an edition where you play as an anthropomorphic Bruce Campbell?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

The thing that excites me most is that it sounds like this game is what I always wanted Star Fox to evolve into. Sort of an open world type space game versus strictly linear. I absolutely loved the space games of the 90's (xwing/tie fighter) and the fast paced action of Star Fox, so some kind of thing that has elements of both sounds really appealing to me. I would normally be more cautious about optimism over something like this, but given how careful Nintendo is of farming their properties out and how awesome it worked out for the Rabbids game...I would think they must've really seen a great opportunity here when approached. Also, the previews seem to be pretty glowing. I guess we will know soon enough!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Snackmar posted:

I think my issue is mostly that it's all the same shape of puzzles - like it's always the outline of a head and facial features. Like if the characters are all based on animals, why not make every other puzzle an animal instead of a face?

They're not *all* characters. They have a few environments and these weird things called Celliens that come up every so often. But really, that's the nature of Kemono Friends. You're trying to unlock pictures of friends, not the animals they're based on. The general audience for this game is probably just fans of the series, and it's a way to get them into Picross, maybe less so the other way around. You might like the Clip Picross mode, since nothing is inherently defined and it's all part of a much larger puzzle.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I want a worms with planetoid levels and Mario Galaxy physics, tweet that at them

They already have that it’s called worms 3d

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But in 2d

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there an edition where you play as an anthropomorphic Bruce Campbell?

I don't know what you're implying about Bruce Campbell's physiology here, but I don't think I like it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Anyone use motion controls for Fortnite? I know it got an update recently, wondering if they’re any good.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rolo posted:

Anyone use motion controls for Fortnite? I know it got an update recently, wondering if they’re any good.

tilt controls or bust

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

the only problem with pumpkin spice stuff is that it's supposed to be called "pumpkin pie spice"

it's just mulling spices with more cinnamon

It should be called fall spice or something. The confusion you're talking about led to people trying to score cheap points on Starbucks by pointing out that the Pumpkin Spice Latte "doesn't even have real pumpkin!", which was stupid because IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE ANY, and then Starbucks was like "we heard you and now we're adding pumpkin!" which ruined the flavor because it's just supposed to be spices not loving pumpkin juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rolo posted:

They're my favorite version of gyro on the switch. Full right stick control, fully customizable button layout, and granular settings. Be sure to make sure and choose the right rotation style depending on how you're playing (yaw for joycons, roll for handheld).