Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omnikin posted:

Was that the fight with the audible snap as someone's jaw cracked? I'm remembering a crank where you could hear it clearly

PFL is where that happened. Last week as well iirc.

Edit - Nevermind, maybe I'm thinking of a different fight where you heard a dudes jaw snap in a B-League show.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Omnikin posted:

Was that the fight with the audible snap as someone's jaw cracked? I'm remembering a crank where you could hear it clearly

it's the one where all of rick story's toughness didn't matter because maia cranked him so hard blood shot out of his nose

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Rick Story had blood shoot out of his nose as he tapped, yeah

But reposting this for the new page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2TABunHeT4

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah they're all legit but I think ppl are getting caught up on the fact that it is technically a pain choke vs a blood choke like the miscalled rnc

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
its one thing where you got the chin tucked and fairly stable neck and another when a guy is wrenching your neck to the side and all that force is on the jaw.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having watched the Matt Hughes short, and it's pretty impressive how much of a recovery he's made when you watch some of the home videos in it.

This is him from August last year:

He could barely hold a thing in his hand and is now able to somewhat walk steadily out and such. Not to mention he wasn't able to speak. Taking how much of a dick he was at times out of it, that's incredible to make that much of a recovery in about a year's time. This was a good one overall.

Edit - From a June 2018 interview he did for the documentary, he talks like a kindergartner which is pretty depressing when you remember how much he'd talk before.

Edit 2 - He was also apparently having some sort of mental issues afterwards like waking up in the middle of the night shouting about needing to find his kids, who were asleep in his bedroom or apparently not being able to recognize his wife. :staredog:

Edit 3 - He apparently wrote a note to his wife "I'm sorry you married me. I'm a has been. You didn't marry me to be the wife of a loser." This is getting dark as poo poo.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 9, 2018

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Hard to take that dick out though

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

all respect to train it was a good fight

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

gross

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
This is doing the rounds on Youtube, brief explanation of all the disgusting things people Khabib hangs out with does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGXuMqq840

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i think people should be able to hang out with whoever they want

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I suppose so, but do you also suppose that the company you knowingly keep reflects something of your character?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I doubt khabib could have gone anywhere from where he was without being connected to those people.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fuckk

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

People givin Conor poo poo for tapping when the arm was on his job don't know poo poo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I too am friends with David Duke and Dylan Roof

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

willie_dee posted:

This is doing the rounds on Youtube, brief explanation of all the disgusting things people Khabib hangs out with does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGXuMqq840

everything about that video makes me not want to watch that video

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
DANGEROUS IDEAS

HOW THEY EXPOSED THE CONSPIRACY

UNBELIEVER MEDIA

WORLD IS FLAT

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm an adult man who gets information on the world from YouTube conspiracies to make me feel better when my special guy doesn't win

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol other video topics

How Akira Predicted the Future (Antifa Parallels)

Is Monsanto Monopolizing Marijuana?

White People Are Racist For Using Words

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
"Not even a fight finisher" lmao ok

There was barely any way out of that, McNuggets was positioned perfectly by Khabib so that he needed his hands to even sit up and not be deeper into the choke. Khabib can just decide to do a neck crank or crush his jaw. Conor is lucky for not tapping any later and that Herb broke up that poo poo as soon as he could.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
They're more saying, and I think correctly, that Khabib didn't want him to have the option of going to sleep.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Conor was completely done. His best round was a round he barely edged out on the feet, while still having to cheat like crazy to stop Khabib taking him down again.

I don’t think anyone should fault him for choosing not to get his jaw broken by the extremely pissed off Dagestani man.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

conor is a coward, unlike angela magana

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

was she the one who took a photo in a full upper body cast saying she refuses to submit to a twister

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

was she the one who took a photo in a full upper body cast saying she refuses to submit to a twister

In training, no less.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

In training, no less.

Lmaooo reminds me of Firas Zahabi on Rogan's podcacst saying he never taps to improperly secured RNC in training even if he thinks he's gonna black out because it would teach his students mediocre form was acceptable

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

its funny because we were talking about dudes who dont tap in training and what to do just yesterday in the grappling thread

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

thechalkoutline posted:

Lmaooo reminds me of Firas Zahabi on Rogan's podcacst saying he never taps to improperly secured RNC in training even if he thinks he's gonna black out because it would teach his students mediocre form was acceptable

But is gravity real?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

*extremely Superintendent Chalmers voice*

Did that Irish student just say "what's a battle?"

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Bluedeanie posted:

I suppose so, but do you also suppose that the company you knowingly keep reflects something of your character?

possibly, but not necessarily. especially in this case, as Khabib probably didn't have much of a choice, considering his fame, where his family lives and who his father is

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Have there been any other reports on what Khabib was saying to Conor during the fight? I told my wife about that one where they got him on mic advising his opponent to just give up because "I need this" like he was asking him to move aside while passing on the sidewalk lmfao.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Have there been any other reports on what Khabib was saying to Conor during the fight? I told my wife about that one where they got him on mic advising his opponent to just give up because "I need this" like he was asking him to move aside while passing on the sidewalk lmfao.

calling spots

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yes and it fuckin rules (2nd vid)

https://twitter.com/TalhaZararsiz/status/1049076920204374016/video/1

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
nice

my other underrated moment of the night was Joe Rogan commending Derrick Lewis for starting to do warm up and cool down during his workouts now after injuring his back lmfao.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Soothing Vapors posted:

also not to defend an r-worded Irish idiot but this article is real dumb and reads like they just wanted to dunk on McGregor

his fancy whiskey is just re-blended Bushmills, there's no way it's as vile as all that. its not good, sure, but it's a fuckin 25 dollar whiskey, it's gonna be basic as poo poo and good mostly for mixing

Standard operating procedure for Bloomberg. They like to stir up controversy where there isn't any.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

its funny because we were talking about dudes who dont tap in training and what to do just yesterday in the grappling thread

Wasn't there a fighter who waxed poetic about how 'giving up the neck' is a soft way of forfeiting? Something about being in a multi-round grappling battle, and the guy just juts his neck out to give away an RNC, 'and that's how I knew I had broken his will'.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Chael Sonnen talkes about that being a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Where did this come from!? Any way to get it without the image tag?

• Locked thread