Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

pick me up a hot dog on the way home

thanks dad

I got you bubby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
How does everyone wash their throws? I washed mine last night but it was still soaking wet after the cycle, and it took three rounds of drying. It wasnt my settings because I'd been doing laundry all day just fine.. I guess they just hold water like sponges or something.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I haven't washed mine yet, because I'm scared the fluff won't recover. I'd probably just dry it as much as possible (no dryer sheet), and then hang it up to finish drying.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Supreme Allah posted:

How does everyone wash their throws? I washed mine last night but it was still soaking wet after the cycle, and it took three rounds of drying. It wasnt my settings because I'd been doing laundry all day just fine.. I guess they just hold water like sponges or something.

I've never had a problem washing or drying the queen sized ones. The king sized one is a different story. No trouble washing, but I have to pull it out of the dryer every 10 to 15 minutes so it doesn't roll up into a big wet ball.

Still, it's the price of comfort and savings, therefore worth it.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Supreme Allah posted:

This happens to me when the load is too heavy to spin. My washer is small so I have to use a commercial-sized washer at the laundromat.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

binge crotching posted:

I haven't washed mine yet, because I'm scared the fluff won't recover. I'd probably just dry it as much as possible (no dryer sheet), and then hang it up to finish drying.
yeah I'm afraid of the same thing. does it actually still say fluffy? im just recalling 90s blankets which got super pilly after washing and scratchy :mad:

i ended up just throwing my old one in the corner for my dog to sleep on since he loves sleeping on clothes, pillows, and blankets, and instead buying a new one for myself since its like $10.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tim Whatley posted:

All 16 Costco Food Court Items, Ranked
https://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/10/all_16_costco_food_court_items_ranked_worst_to_bes.html

Number one is the Churro? gently caress off New Jersey.
thats a really bad article, and no idea how they have wildly different rankings for cheese vs pepp vs combo since its the same base poo poo. that person is insane

but i kind of agree with some things. churro is really loving good and i think my favorite item myself. i'd probably do #1 dog closely tied #2 churro, #3 cheese/pepp pizza; rest. also i dont think we have the froyo or sundae's anymore?? whcih is a shame since the vanilla froyo was pretty good.

like yeah turkey sandwich sucked (not because provolone was "stinky" what the gently caress), i thought acai bowl was not good, the mocha freeze is lolll who loving orders that, and yeah chicken caesar had pretty lovely chicken but who gets a salad at costco anyways.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tim Whatley posted:

All 16 Costco Food Court Items, Ranked
https://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/10/all_16_costco_food_court_items_ranked_worst_to_bes.html

Number one is the Churro? gently caress off New Jersey.

this article loving sucks

these people are loving idiots

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Xaris posted:

yeah I'm afraid of the same thing. does it actually still say fluffy? im just recalling 90s blankets which got super pilly after washing and scratchy :mad:

i ended up just throwing my old one in the corner for my dog to sleep on since he loves sleeping on clothes, pillows, and blankets, and instead buying a new one for myself since its like $10.

I washed the one I bought last week and it's still nice and fluffy. The one Ive had for a few years has gone through several washings and it's not as fluffy as new but still perfectly fine.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Cheese slice has way more cheese than the ones with toppings

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

The Hambulance posted:

I've never had a problem washing or drying the queen sized ones. The king sized one is a different story. No trouble washing, but I have to pull it out of the dryer every 10 to 15 minutes so it doesn't roll up into a big wet ball.

Still, it's the price of comfort and savings, therefore worth it.

wait, king size? queen size? the only one my costco has is like 60x70 and doesn't come close to covering my queen bed, or my couch

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Bummey posted:

wait, king size? queen size? the only one my costco has is like 60x70 and doesn't come close to covering my queen bed, or my couch

I got the king sized one last year. I haven't seen them since.

E: I thought 60 x 70 was queen sized, but I didn't look it up. vOv

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Does anyone know if they do something like brine their rotisserie chickens to make them taste so much better than other grocery stores?

Also what does pbuc mean??

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Angry Asian posted:

Does anyone know if they do something like brine their rotisserie chickens to make them taste so much better than other grocery stores?

Pretty sure they inject them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Supreme Allah posted:

the secret is to throw it away and buy a new one pbuc

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Angry Asian posted:

it stands for This Thread is a Cult

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bummey posted:

it stands for This Thread is a Cult

pbuc

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

It stayed very fluffy and soft!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
You can apparently use a dog brush to get your sherpa throw nice and fluffy again after it gets all pilly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Angry Asian posted:

Praise be unto Costco

Yes we're a cult.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Angry Asian posted:

I think it's just some salt and pepper and thas about it.

Please buy us chicken

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its delicious MSG

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I think it's just some salt and pepper and thas about it.

Please buy us chicken

Na man they totally inject it too.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Angry Asian posted:

they take USDA grade A birds at the processing plant and inject them with ~10% brine solution. they arrive at the costco ready to 'tisserie.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

El Jebus posted:

I didn�t know they made one but now I must have it!

It was actually Pulmuone "Korean Noodles" and they were delicious. Mother in Law approved.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I joined early and got 2 decent quality zippered nylon swag bags full of fine kirkland products and $60 cash back for going executive. Impressed before they're even open.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

My wife is afraid that the sherpa throw we got a year ago sheds and bothers our breathing, so she took it and packed it into a duvet cover.

Not as soft, but it feels like a 500 degree lead blanket. Which can be good or bad, depending on the weather/level of autism.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ravendas posted:

My wife is afraid that the sherpa throw we got a year ago sheds and bothers our breathing, so she took it and packed it into a duvet cover.

Not as soft, but it feels like a 500 degree lead blanket. Which can be good or bad, depending on the weather/level of autism.

It’s good if you set the AC in your 4,000 sq. ft. house to 45 degrees and hunker down for warmth.

How long before Costco offers an actual weighted Sherpa throw?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Praise be unto Costco

Yes we're a cult.

costco fedayeen
costco martyr
costco sicarii

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Ravendas posted:

I have a weighted blanket and to help me not waking up in a pool of rear end sweat, I put a flat sheet between me and the blanket. I still get a little rear end sweat but that may be my baseline. :j:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Praise be unto Costco

Yes we're a cult.

Our Heaven's Gate has a receipt checker

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bob dobbs is dead posted:

/pol/ was ironic at the start
LF was ironic at the start

by the end of this, we'll have kirkland branded suicide bombers and costco jihad

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Na man they totally inject it too.

I want to believe:qq:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
There's nothing wrong with filling your birds with delicious goodness

I don't see the problem

e: as long as I can buy my vest from Costco.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

Cheese slice has way more cheese than the ones with toppings

I was shocked at the calorie differences!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Renegret posted:

There's nothing wrong with filling your birds with delicious goodness

I don't see the problem

e: as long as I can buy my vest from Costco.

can buy kirkland brand in amazon too, de facto

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
A few weeks ago I bought a TCL 55" 4k TV from the Co. Brought it home, hooked it up to my Windows 7 Media Center PC with CableCard (still a much better DVR than Verizon/Comcast offers).

Everything was working great except some channels were screwed up and would lose audio and video and just be completely black, unless I paused it. I think the TV was trying to correct the picture or some poo poo. It was basically stuck in a constant "I'm adjusting resolution" spot.

Anyway, spent a week emailing back and forth with TCL support and they told me they are sure it's my computer (my old TV working fine must be an anomaly).

I said gently caress it, put it back in the box, returned it to Costco, and bought a LG instead (which works great). Thanks Costco for the awesome no hassle return policy!

PBUC

Got a dog too on the way out. I wish they had a non-caffeinated soda option though, the Minute-Maid lemonade is pretty poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fordham posted:

A few weeks ago I bought a TCL 55" 4k TV from the Co.
i bought that exact one from Best Buy (not knowing the Co had it, but it was the same price as i found out later anyways) and had the weird issue with it is that I couldn't use it because it "required updates" and everytime I tried to update it would just go "update failed"; tried both usb drive update, ethernet, and wireless. Just ended up returning it (which took way too loving long, gently caress best buy they loving suck rear end and returns line takes way too long), and the next one worked right out of the box.

It's been working good for over a year now, and it's really a fantastic TV for the price, but I think they just have a lot of duds. Recommendation is just return one ASAP if there's any little hiccup because it's not wroth the stress and effort to try to make it work.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

ordered some more costco protein bars, very excited

shame they aren't in the church's physical sites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco last night. Irish butter. 2 dogs. Do not regret.