Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Oh eye gouge feint into undefended heart punch? That�s certainly plausible

Unless seki has his heart on the wrong side I don't think it's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

muteba is going to be really loving surprised any second now

says increasingly worried fat guy in the sidelines

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I genuinely hope muteba wins

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Joseance posted:

I was clarifying what I thought the op meant

Stairmaster posted:

I do too bud

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
PRO WRESTLING WILL NEVER LOSE

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stairmaster posted:

Next chapter: Jun kicks Muteba in the head.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

One one hand, the ref hasn’t declared a winner yet.

On the other hand, Muteba hasn’t nutted yet.

Compelling arguments on both sides.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Mary Annette posted:

One one hand, the ref hasn�t declared a winner yet.

On the other hand, Muteba hasn�t nutted yet.

Compelling arguments on both sides.

I started noticing those odd characters for an apostrophe. Are you using mobile and iOS by chance? I think my phone auto updated to iOS 12 last night as it just started happening to me

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I started noticing those odd characters for an apostrophe. Are you using mobile and iOS by chance? I think my phone auto updated to iOS 12 last night as it just started happening to me

Yes and yes. iOS update screwed the pooch.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I'm on the Android app and it's also happening

Whoops read that wrong disregard also go Seki

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Joseance posted:

Seki has a REALLY big heart both metaphorically and literally

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You would need a lot of hgh to get to sekis size

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Poltergrift posted:

Isn't it the most pro wrestling thing for Muteba to win, having been the underdog for most of the fight? Though, we haven't seen his new eyes' gimmick yet.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Mary Annette posted:

Yes and yes. iOS update screwed the pooch.

Ok I think that I've found a fix for it. Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> turn off Smart Punctuation

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Poltergrift posted:

The bell hasn't been rung.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I feel like the match isn�t over yet. All I can really tell is that Muteba switched from his left hand to his right during that last attack and performed what looks like a slashing move

I thought Seki performed the other eye gouge dodge, that�s more dangerous, but he�s bleeding from his neck

Muteba feints with an eye gouge so that Seki does his special little duck down slightly dodge that he's done the other two times.

Instead the real attack is with his other hand, you can see it blurring in and making a slight thumping noise as he unleashes the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique or cut his throat with his fingernails whatever it is that makes Seki spurt blood everywhere.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

team overhead smash posted:

Muteba feints with an eye gouge so that Seki does his special little duck down slightly dodge that he's done the other two times.

Instead the real attack is with his other hand, you can see it blurring in and making a slight thumping noise as he unleashes the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique or cut his throat with his fingernails whatever it is that makes Seki spurt blood everywhere.

Sen has been a sleeper this whole time. All we really know is that he�s flighty af. Also everyone who knows who he is; knows he�s mad stronk

The fact that he beat Wakatsuki at some previous point in time attests to that fact

It�s time for secret techniques to start coming out

I've never wanted to be right more than in this moment

Fake Edit: I originally uploaded this but am not sure how you unlink it from a post. Anyway we'll find out what really happened tomorrow. I love the pace that we're getting this manga at even though I know it can't last it's going to be a wild ride

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 10, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

team overhead smash posted:

Oh, that's pretty genius, taking advantage of Jun's defensive motions to enhance the lethality of whatever it is he did.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how Seki is probably supposed to be a heel but it's not working out that way because he's too likable. He also almost lost to Kiozan with the first sumo kick, so it seems like his defense doesn't work against things he doesn't see coming. Which would definitely make sense.

Yeah, I brought it up before, but the one other time he did it was when Ouma pinched him.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how Seki is probably supposed to be a heel but it's not working out that way because he's too likable. He also almost lost to Kiozan with the first sumo kick, so it seems like his defense doesn't work against things he doesn't see coming. Which would definitely make sense.

It's the perfectly logical weakness, in a wrestling match he'd obviously work out all the moves with his opponent ahead of time, but in a kengan match he has to just rely on his own vast knowledge of how to take moves safely and hope he can endure the ones he doesn't see coming.

Given that Muteba pulled out all those dirty tricks in his first match, of course Seki would be ready for eye pokes, specifically. And of course he's gonna take it safely every time rather than trying to dodge, he's trying to put on a good show here!

This manga is too good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

One thing to note about this picture is that the blurred after effect is Muteba's initial pose for the eye gouge. The more solid picture is him repositioning himself for his next strike. He went from a left handed feint, to a right handed attack.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The fact that the chapter ended right there and then makes it hard to believe Jun's actually down. I try not to meta game outcomes in comics but I guess I want to believe in Pro Wrestling.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

One thing to note about this picture is that the blurred after effect is Muteba's initial pose for the eye gouge. The more solid picture is him repositioning himself for his next strike. He went from a left handed feint, to a right handed attack.
Oh wow.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

winner aside i really want to see these two become friends over a mutual love of women and pro wrestling

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

where the red fern gropes posted:

winner aside i really want to see these two become friends over a mutual love of women and pro wrestling
Dude he just got heart punched a la Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique from kill bill. Especially the line where they compare a mercenary to a martial artist.

Our boy is a goner.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

IS HE A GONER THO

https://mangadex.org/chapter/461686/1

Aug 24, 2011

looks like they accidentally used the wrong art on the last few pages

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Muteba going for the 3 count so that Seki could stop fighting ruled

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
All this time and we never asked the most important question: what if Muteba believed in pro-wrestling too?

Aug 24, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

All this time and we never asked the most important question: what if Muteba believed in pro-wrestling too?

muteba is a pro assassin, like 47 from the hitman games, who is a master of disguise

muteba was jun all along

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Lump posted:

Dude he just got heart punched a la Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique from kill bill. Especially the line where they compare a mercenary to a martial artist.

Our boy is a goner.

There's doctor who managed go bring back someone who got their heart twisted into a knot. He's going to be fine.

Fight ruled, God Bless pro-wrestling.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ruthless big dick mercenary is more honorable than a cop

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Bah Gawd... :smith:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

That was honestly touching.

Electric Phantasm posted:

God Bless pro-wrestling.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Muteba owns

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Muteba owns, Jun owns, this match owns owns owns.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If you asked me at the start of the tournament if Muteba would be one of my favorite fighters, I would have said no, because I would have bet on him being a midboss mook for someone to take out on their way through the bracket.

But he's great, because he somehow manages to combine being a ruthless mercenary who will gouge your eyes out and smash your testicles to paste to win a match with not being a TOTAL shithead about it.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

I thought he got punched in the heart and then coughed up a ton of blood from internal injuries.

Looks like you were on the right track and omg that was a pretty sweet ending to that fight. The lesson here is that we all should have believed in pro-wrestling from the beginning

I think that counts as a secret technique, which makes me very :neckbeard: for the rest of the tournament

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well I was due after being wrong the last 10 times.

Pretty much the perfect ending to the fight. Good guy Muteba. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nice finish.

Tactics wins the day again.

I love how Kiozan and Haruo are pretty much marks.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 10, 2018