Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

In a model x, if you raise the wing doors while it’s raining and then open the trunk it directs all the runoff into the trunk. it’s amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

That's the audio beats mode that makes the screen move to the music.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/wow-really-tesla-are-you-guys-made-in-china-water-leaking-inside-the-trunk.131324/

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

lancemantis posted:

ICOs always sound like something that's just straight up violating securities laws to me

Nearly all of them are

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

TK-42-1 posted:

In a model x, if you raise the wing doors while it’s raining and then open the trunk it directs all the runoff into the trunk. it’s amazing.

and if you keep the trunk closed, the rear bumper falls off

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer
tesla: the f-35 of cars

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

TOPS-420 posted:

this thread is now cabrón-neutral

lomarf

mr Scoop posted:

tesla: the f-35 of cars

Tesla model V w/ VTOL

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

and if you keep the trunk closed, the rear bumper falls off

when god closes a trunk he removes a bumper #blessed

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

President Beep posted:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

"our employee is so unmanageable and self-centred that our only possible options are to either fire him or surrender completely as he drags our shareholders and investors on Elons Wild Ride"

grimey's all right
musky's all right
he just seems a little stressed
surrender, surrender
but don't give your stock away

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

TheCoach posted:

LADA levels of quality right there.

Stop slandering Lada! :colbert:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Chris Knight posted:

grimey's all right
musky's all right
he just seems a little stressed
surrender, surrender
but don't give your stock away

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i still think deloreans are gonna be on the road longer than teslas

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

President Beep posted:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

prisoner of waffles posted:

"loquacious and mendacious" is a pretty good musk descriptor

How has no one said TaaS run

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

loving lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

"PUT IT INTO SPACE!"

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i still think deloreans are gonna be on the road longer than teslas

well yeah you can run a delorean indefinitely if you're willing to spend the cash to replace parts as they fail. unless you're going to run a server to keep your tesla working, you're pretty hosed when they go out of business

it is, admittedly, a positive of using off the shelf batteries that you can actually replace them as the bandoliers die.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

add the state of nevada to the list of entities suing tesla. they didn't pay their taxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/tesla-sued-by-nevada-over-unpaid-taxes-for-workers-in-the-state/ar-BBOagK9

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Endless Mike posted:

add the state of nevada to the list of entities suing tesla. they didn't pay their taxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/tesla-sued-by-nevada-over-unpaid-taxes-for-workers-in-the-state/ar-BBOagK9

they paid their taxes they just sent them to a differant state. Just like they made people's model 3 and then sent/sold it to someone else. Its really just short sellers just trying to mess with tesla.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
there defo will be a handful of die hard hold outs keeping their teslas working and maintaining their own servers and lamenting that "they don"t make em like that anymore" for years and years after the company disappears

i can see it become the amiga of cars

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Endless Mike posted:

They reassigned their IRS#.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

they're stiffing unemployment

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Zlodo posted:

there defo will be a handful of die hard hold outs keeping their teslas working and maintaining their own servers and lamenting that "they don"t make em like that anymore" for years and years after the company disappears

i can see it become the amiga of cars

driving around with 3G microcells and a server emulator in the trunk after the system gets EOLed by every carrier.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

well yeah you can run a delorean indefinitely if you're willing to spend the cash to replace parts as they fail. unless you're going to run a server to keep your tesla working, you're pretty hosed when they go out of business

it is, admittedly, a positive of using off the shelf batteries that you can actually replace them as the bandoliers die.

until some custom pcbs get hosed from water dripping on them. alternatively, "buying from a company very likely to exist five years from now" is an even better way to ensure continued support

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

tesla model 21.02 LTS released with 3 year support guarantee

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
i dont get why yall are saying the servers are going to be the problem for driving the teslas if the company shuts down

the stupid things do work without an active network connection, so long as you're not trying to use their bullshit like "don't carry your backup physical key ever, just use your phone app"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

won’t turbo charging or w/e be disabled tho?

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

weren’t those pretty well insulated and integrated though? like I don’t think you can just unfasten a couple of screws to pop out a bad 16850 and swap in a good one..? not that people won’t try ....

.... with a hell car that becomes an insatiable inferno if it touches a highway barricade

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Buy old cars*, they are better for your wallet and the environment and you can post in AI about fixing them instead of GBS about taking a second mortgage to pay for parts and service.

*generic MPI gasoline engine with a 3 way catalyst

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah there's definitely going to be equivalents of "vaper's pocket on fire", but it'll be the garage+house in the near future, when people try to fix their tesla and the co. no longer exists.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Combat Theory posted:

Buy old cars*, they are better for your wallet and the environment and you can post in AI about fixing them instead of GBS about taking a second mortgage to pay for parts and service.

*generic MPI gasoline engine with a 3 way catalyst

what if i dont know how to fix a car and i dont have the tools or a garage to put them in

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

DELETE CASCADE posted:

what if i dont know how to fix a car and i dont have the tools or a garage to put them in

1. Buy a Haynes repair manual for the car

2. You should always have basic tools

3. A garage/storage will run you cheaper than the increased degradation of a vehicle that sits outside and is rarely maintained.

Also all of the above is a fraction of the money you will lose on devaluation in your life if you lease/buy new vehicles.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
buy a bike, you need a size 14 and size 8 wrench to fix literally anything on it and it fits in your closet.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Combat Theory posted:

1. Buy a Haynes repair manual for the car

2. You should always have basic tools

3. A garage/storage will run you cheaper than the increased degradation of a vehicle that sits outside and is rarely maintained.

1 i could do, 2 i mean yeah i have a toolbox but not a full ratchet set or w/e, 3 no it will not because i live in the san francisco bay area. i mean i do have a carport and i maintain my (2017, purchased new) vehicle by taking it in for warranty service when the owner's manual says to do so :shrug:

Truga posted:

buy a bike, you need a size 14 and size 8 wrench to fix literally anything on it and it fits in your closet.

again, san francisco bay area. i want to live.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Truga posted:

Thanks for the addition. Although a bike would be a plus no matter if you drive a 1995 Nissan or a tesla.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's really common for rental properties in america to put it into the lease that you can't work on your car on their property

just fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

lol... i went to nasdaq dot com in my browser and the "enter the tickers you want to see" box was prefilled with TSLA

e: update, nasdaq dot com is friggin terrible