Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you most excited to see on Smackdown 1000
Rick Flair
Dave Batista
Undertaker
New Day Rocks
View Results

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao the busted up moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Astro7x posted:

how the hell do I watch the Mixed Match Challenge. I go to the Facebook page and I can only view last weeks

https://www.facebook.com/WWEMixedMatchChallenge/videos/312501749342692/

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE main roster tournaments are always never as good as you think they are and welp when you stack it with old guys

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Finn and Bayley seem like a real couple.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jesus braun were you trying to dislocate her leg

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

braun with them nip piercings

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fabulous Truth owns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

maybe with charlotte injured one of the teams i want to win will finally have a chance

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charlotte is barely moving that hand. Wonder how many painkillers she's on right now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is the MMC always unwatchable with constant stuttering?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

chauvinist scumbag AJ styles

e: lol watching the current viewers drop, braun/ember vs bayley/balor is worth about 20k viewers

e2: and aj sprains his groin lmao

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 10, 2018

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

aj doesn't hold open the rope AND he can't do a split! what a fraud!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Woah does the smackdown thread usually only go 5 or 6 pages

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Woah does the smackdown thread usually only go 5 or 6 pages

No reason to be invested in the main roster when its such a lovely product right now. They've killed off the momentum of anyone of interest (Joe, Asuka, Nakamura, Almas, Bryan), or likely will sometime soon (Becky). WWE is completely hosed if their ratings continue to be this low when they move Smackdown to FOX. Because if they get kicked off of FOX and either cancelled or moved to FS1, stockholders are going to be real loving pissed, and WWE's current stock bubble will likely burst.

There's a reason why I keep saying to watch NXT. It's light years ahead of the main product. Hell, everything that currently airs on "HHH Wednesdays" is better than the main roster stuff.

There's so much fundamentally wrong with the main roster right now, it would take ages to list everything. But I guess the biggest problems are:

- Lack of consistency in storylines

- Killing off the momentum of workers people actually get invested in, in order to put over the stars that VINCE likes.

- Terrible production values

And that's just on the public facing side, nevermind the actual scummy stuff like the KSA deal (Crown Jewel has more of a build than Evolution, which is really hosed up).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 10, 2018

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i mean, i know its just bad luck more than anything, but having this big push for the saudi show the week they lured a dude to an embassy to murder him is particularly hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

No reason to be invested in the main roster when its such a lovely product right now. They've killed off the momentum of anyone of interest (Joe, Asuka, Nakamura, Almas, Bryan), or likely will sometime soon (Becky). WWE is completely hosed if their ratings continue to be this low when they move Smackdown to FOX. Because if they get kicked off of FOX and either cancelled or moved to FS1, stockholders are going to be real loving pissed, and WWE's current stock bubble will likely burst.

I wish we could all agree to be smart enough not to claim WWE's ratings are "low" just because they're lower than what WWE's ratings used to be back when people actually watched TV. They are still among the highest rated shows on cable and easily the highest rated on USA, iirc. This bubble is going to burst eventually, but the bubble has nothing to do with WWE and everything to do with dying TV networks scrambling to acquire any live programming they can. Fox airs a show called "Beat Shazam," for gently caress's sake.

• Locked thread