Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've been playing the 2k19 career mode and it's weird as hell. It seems like the whole story is to subtweet the young bucks and omega, and they have fake podcasts, and one of them is JR's podcast but with a fake JR. it's really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Which game had the story mode where the last match was versus Kevin Nash and you threw him off of a building or somesuch?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DeathChicken posted:

Which game had the story mode where the last match was versus Kevin Nash and you threw him off of a building or somesuch?

is it one of WCW n64 games because i've been looking into picking up an old wrestling game

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
also :rip: AJ's groin

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1049848887350108165

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
bullshit, aj was a cheerleader

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Imagine having the ability to write your own storyline and make whatever you want to happen, and that's the best you can come up with.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is it one of WCW n64 games because i've been looking into picking up an old wrestling game

Wrestlemania XIX for Gamecube was the one with Revenge Mode where you threw security guards off buildings

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Astro7x posted:

Imagine having the ability to write your own storyline and make whatever you want to happen, and that's the best you can come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdmcGIedXo

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByO5l00uxKY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The World Cup featuring John Cena (USA), Kurt Angle (USA), Randy Orton (USA) and Jeff Hardy (USA)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

The World Cup featuring John Cena (USA), Kurt Angle (USA), Randy Orton (USA) and Jeff Hardy (USA)

So it's baseball.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
how many journalists will the saudi government need to murder until people start giving a poo poo about the WWE profiting from it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I've been playing the 2k19 career mode and it's weird as hell. It seems like the whole story is to subtweet the young bucks and omega, and they have fake podcasts, and one of them is JR's podcast but with a fake JR. it's really weird.

they couldn't get john cena to voice john cena

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I like the part where Shawn got heavier

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Low Desert Punk posted:

how many journalists will the saudi government need to murder until people start giving a poo poo about the WWE profiting from it

I dunno, how many do they have to kill before people start giving a poo poo about the UN putting them at the head of a human rights council? Or how the US and the rest of the world is and has always been complicit in helping them slaughter whoever they drat well please?

Doing business with them doesn't even rank on the atrocity scale. And the fact that it's an atrocity scale should let you know how hosed up the world has been for years.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Enough to prevent climate change.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results belated added to the OP. I really dug the Charlotte/Becky match and how the last few minutes it was just a straight up hateful brawl between the two of them.

Holy gently caress, Becky is so goddamn cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Miz does this thing a lot where he'll point out some really stupid decision made by WWE and then he'll blame the wrestler who was a victim of said decision for it happening and I find it really obnoxious and grating and not in a He's A Good Heel kind of way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Think about the only reason he would possibly do that though

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Becky Lynch should kick Conor MacGregor's rear end

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I watched John Cena on the Jimmy Fallon show last night, and I have several observations:

1. He was wearing a suit that was tailored to his body type. For the first time in a long time, he did not look like he was attending an R&B dance party circa 1999.

2. John Cena likes muscle cars. He knows a lot about them.

3. His hair, up close, looks like spray can hair. It was unsettling.

4. John Cena has written a childrens book featuring an anthropomorphic monster truck.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

They have all this fresh new talent from like 20 different countries on the roster and they go "lets go with the 4 old american white dudes who debuted before season 1 of The Wire was out"

I woulda did Rusev, Cesaro, Balor, Kofi, Cena or Angle, Rey Mysterio/Almas, Nakamura, and Kevin Owens doing all his promos in french. Possible wildcards Killian Dain or Buddy Murphy too. Eh fine........... I guess Jinder qualifies too.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 10, 2018

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Blaise330 posted:

They have all this fresh new talent from like 20 different countries on the roster and they go "lets go with the 4 old american white dudes"

I woulda did Rusev, Cesaro, Balor, Kofi, Cena or Angle, Rey Mysterio, Nakamura, and Kevin Owens doing all his promos in french. Possible wildcards Killian Dain or Buddy Murphy too.

yeah i'm not sure why they are putting all these old guys on the card for a show especially made for a 33 year old attitude era mark billionaire instead of Killian Dain and Buddy Murphy.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Baron Corbin posted:

yeah i'm not sure why they are putting all these old guys on the card for a show especially made for a 33 year old attitude era mark billionaire instead of Killian Dain and Buddy Murphy.

We need more wrestlers cosplaying as dead attitude era guys for rich Saudis. Killian Dain can do Bam Bam Bigelow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the contract for the show is that wwe gets 20 million dollars for each wrestler the money mark recognizes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

loving LOL. Is that why you tweeted that Chelsea got signed? Good for her to get over whoever didn't want her in the WWE.

Naw. That has been in the works for months and months. She had to wait on a Visa. Before that, there was a long process of getting enough support internally to sign her. She left IMPACT this time last year like.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
By 2020, the median age of the roster will be 40, and shows are funded exclusively by Middle-Eastern princes and Russian oligarchs.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

ThePariah posted:

By Wrestlemania, the median age of the roster will be 40, and shows are funded exclusively by Middle-Eastern princes and Russian oligarchs.

ftfy

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1050031997127745536

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
That's so cool, that's where we'll find out who gets to job to Roman at WM35 and how Charlotte can overcome 29 other women to challenge Ronda Rousey

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Oh god. Having a baseball stadium full of people booing Charlotte for predictably winning the Rumble is gonna be something else. Gonna be some mighty hot takes on Twitter that week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Interested if anything can follow last week's episode highlights

https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/1050034584296022016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Surprised that Nakamura rates a Rousey on the poster rankings.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tokamak posted:

Surprised that Nakamura rates a Rousey on the poster rankings.

He won the last rumble and they want to make it still seem important.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

i really hate wwe's posters these days. they're boring and make all the wrestlers look like nobodies.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At least they still have the Saudi blood money

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1050039335926620160

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Seams posted:

i really hate wwe's posters these days. they're boring and make all the wrestlers look like nobodies.

But they are, since the brand is the attraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Interested if anything can follow last week's episode highlights

https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/1050034584296022016

This is not as exciting a lineup. Zeuxis was bad and I want to see Io wrestle someone in a good, competitive match.

• Locked thread