Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hype site???

https://www.warframe.com/fortuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fruity20 posted:

seems like i got a new warframe to grind for. or any tankframe. i used up most of my warframe slots yet i wanna save money until my next payday.
Rhino should do the job, keep doing Fossa on Venus until you get all the parts. Max out a Steel Fiber and Intensify mod, since Iron Skin builds off those. Ask in alliance chat for the Iron Shrapnel mod so you can refresh Iron Skin when it gets low.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please god i want fortuna already. i want to save animals and spear robofish. and hoverboard. and kitguns

de please i'm dying here

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Rhino should do the job, keep doing Fossa on Venus until you get all the parts. Max out a Steel Fiber and Intensify mod, since Iron Skin builds off those. Ask in alliance chat for the Iron Shrapnel mod so you can refresh Iron Skin when it gets low.

And do not level iron shrapnel

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
Why not? Because you just want the on/off feature and don't care about the damage or knockdown?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fenrisulfr posted:

Why not? Because you just want the on/off feature and don't care about the damage or knockdown?
bingo

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Fenrisulfr posted:

It may seem minor - but those few points will make making Umbral Rhino much easier.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So when it comes to Potatoes in Warframes I assume you just toss it in the suits you really like that you either don't have a Prime version of and/or it's going to take a while to get one?
I got 2 for Frames, is there a legitimate reason for me to not toss one in my Rhino?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So when it comes to Potatoes in Warframes I assume you just toss it in the suits you really like that you either don't have a Prime version of and/or it's going to take a while to get one?
I got 2 for Frames, is there a legitimate reason for me to not toss one in my Rhino?

I would not toss it into the Rhino because the Prime variant is a step up due to the increased armor. Rhino prime sells for about 200-250p for a full set and I think it's totally worth it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Reactors are safer to spend than Catalysts because, while they come in about equal measure from alerts and invasions, there's ten times more total weapons than there are total frames / wings / companions.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Twitch prime vectis p / fang p Oct 16th
https://www.warframe.com/news/new-free-prime-bundle-coming-soon

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Reactors are safer to spend than Catalysts because, while they come in about equal measure from alerts and invasions, there's ten times more total weapons than there are total frames / wings / companions.

I have more favorite frames than weapons though - I'm always short on frame potatoes

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vectis Prime and a free weapon slot, nice.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Potatoes don't exactly come fast but eventually you'll have more than enough reactors. Key word being Eventually.

Potatoes are also good candidates to spend plat on early on. Once you can run relics and/or sell syndicate mods you can make small but steady plat incomes. Selling duplicate prime junk and syndicate mods is a good way to earn the small amounts of plat needed for weapon and frame slots, potatoes, exilus adapter slots, small cost stuff, 20p and under.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'd ask clan chat if they have a spare Rhino p. Otherwise it's up to you and your current resources. If a frame you don't have (inaros) looks interesting and obtainable within a reasonable time frame. Hold off. If you love your rhino and won't miss the potato, go for it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Vectis Prime, noice. Also free syandana.

Fang Prime... I have them unpotatoed, so getting a potatoed set with a free slot will be :coal:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Vectis Prime, noice. Also free syandana Sugatra.

It's one of those little tassels for your melee weapons.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Be more fun if you could put those on guns as well.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Hobold posted:

Be more fun if you could put those on guns as well.

Now if this ain't the truth. Let me put pretty blingbling and tassles on my murder guns, DE, I dare you.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

With Tennogen, we can wear weapons as capes. Lets our weapons wear capes, too.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

devinebovine posted:

Seimani on Ceres is a quick and easy way early on to get enough capital to do the Index. Run it for five waves and extract. For about five minutes work you'll walk away with 25k.

While I'm waiting on the good graces of a fellow goon, this has been a life saver.

I was just about to max out my stuff and not sure where to go but the credits, + the advice here + actually sitting down and looking I now have 2 more primary/secondary/melee AND Frames all being built currently so that's good.
Hit MR 6 so that's a big plus too

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

aegof posted:

With Tennogen, we can wear weapons as capes. Lets our weapons wear capes, too.

still no Grakata-chaku or Grakatas Connected Together with a Large Pole :rubshands:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Victory Position posted:

still no Grakata-chaku or Grakatas Connected Together with a Large Pole :rubshands:

Grakatachaku would make my life entirely complete.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Clearly it needs to be a Gra-Glaive-kata

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it doesn't need a new model. just throw a grakata, have it bounce around firing wildly and then magically return.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Oberon was my one and only, but then Excalibur Umbra came along and was all "remember how much fun you had swinging a katana around?" and I started hanging out with him before remembering I needed to work on MR.

Then I met Inaros. And I built him an insane dagger zaw and I'm sure he has other abilities but I feel more invincible than Rhino just spamming my 1 at enemies for CC and healing while doing dagger finishers that are so awesome I teleport into and get stuck in the level geometry multiple times per mission.

I've been kind of underwhelmed by his other abilities- not quite sure how to use the 4 or if I need to invest in more ability strength, or if 2 or 3 are ever worth using. Devour is cool but takes a pretty long time and I can regain health faster just through 1 and slitting some throats. Crazy mummy ninja just jumped to my top slot but I still feel like theres something I'm missing to make him even better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's simple, really. don't use his powers, don't use finishers, use life strike 24/7 with the help of rage.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Before going into hybrid Grakata weapon territory, I'd think the fun (read: profit-making) option would be a Grakata Sugatra. A little Grakata keychain for your weapons, so you can Grakata while you Grakata.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I've been kind of underwhelmed by his other abilities- not quite sure how to use the 4 or if I need to invest in more ability strength, or if 2 or 3 are ever worth using. Devour is cool but takes a pretty long time and I can regain health faster just through 1 and slitting some throats. Crazy mummy ninja just jumped to my top slot but I still feel like theres something I'm missing to make him even better.

You've basically got the idea already with his 1, but don't just use it to set up finishers, but also to leave huge swathes of enemies blinded. His 4, you charge at the start of the mission to 100% and only cast on enemies if you're in a tight pinch (rapidly draining health, hostage in sortie defense needs a quick heal, etc) but otherwise just leave at 100% for the extra armor. His 3 is highly mobile crowd control, just pulsing it can lock down huge portions of the map. 2 isn't super useful, but you're invincible while devouring which can come in handy.

This is my build - I take this guy on most sortie missions and I never feel underdressed as a super fast, unkillable torrent of blinding sand

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Then I met Inaros. And I built him an insane dagger zaw and I'm sure he has other abilities but I feel more invincible than Rhino just spamming my 1 at enemies for CC and healing while doing dagger finishers that are so awesome I teleport into and get stuck in the level geometry multiple times per mission.

His 4 is simple. You just pump it up at the start, using your health, and leave it as is. If you used his augment for his 4, you're also immune from all status effects like Rhino's Iron Skin. The immunity would cost your 4's armor so you just need to top it up once in a while.

You can spend 25% of it if your teammates are low in health as the scarabs will start eating enemies and they'd be stuck in CC while pulsing health restoration aura. The scarabs also spread between enemies so if you used it in an enemy clump, and then top up your 4, you'd gain the health back from the heal.

You can use his 2 to CC a single enemy and if your teammates know how this works, they could also "eat" this enemy to gain health (get near, press X). If you held down 2 at an enemy, it will drag the enemy to your feet for you to eat. You're invul while eating.

His 3 is just an unnecessary and unreliable but hilarious crowd CC. And a meme.

The only way Inaros could die is if he ran into a nullie bubble and then got CCed and coincidentally there's a large squad of high damage enemies there focus firing on him while he's CCed.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DoombatINC posted:

You've basically got the idea already with his 1, but don't just use it to set up finishers, but also to leave huge swathes of enemies blinded. His 4, you charge at the start of the mission to 100% and only cast on enemies if you're in a tight pinch (rapidly draining health, hostage in sortie defense needs a quick heal, etc) but otherwise just leave at 100% for the extra armor. His 3 is highly mobile crowd control, just pulsing it can lock down huge portions of the map. 2 isn't super useful, but you're invincible while devouring which can come in handy.

This is my build - I take this guy on most sortie missions and I never feel underdressed as a super fast, unkillable torrent of blinding sand

Awesome, thanks for the build advice. I think Overextended and Primed Continuity are the only two I don't have, but I'm currently running Hunter Adrenaline over Rage since I do have the spare capacity at the moment.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
I'm surprised that no one mentioned Negation Swarm. An augment that makes you effectively immune to status effects is very good.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Devour is great to use specifically because even though you're invincible, the Rage mod is still proccing when they shoot you. Get full health and energy for basically nothing at all.

So Vauban is...fun. Really fun. I love the way his kit lets me gently caress around with the battlefield. Needs to have his Bounce mine replaced with like, a shield restore mat or something though. Is the reason he's considered poo poo because he doesn't have many good damage skills, or is his squishyness just un-salvagable at high level?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vauban is good. He just fell victim to power creep in other frames. He's great at CC but other frames do CC AND murder.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Flytrap posted:

Needs to have his Bounce mine replaced

what the gently caress am i reading

(the reason he's considered bad is that he's a crowd control frame, which aren't really necessary in the hard stuff where the solution is just to kill things instantly anyway)

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Vauban is good. He just fell victim to power creep in other frames. He's great at CC but other frames do CC AND murder.

Well I guess that makes sense. No need to set traps and fields when Saryn can press 1&4 and just instantly end the map.

But Saryn doesn't have the sweet joy of throwing a dozen Tesla's on a Hysteria Valk.

aegof posted:

(the reason he's considered bad is that he's a crowd control frame, which aren't really necessary in the hard stuff where the solution is just to kill things instantly anyway)

I mean it's hilarious but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing with it. I'm sure it disables someone, but tripwire disables several people and potentially kills any enemy type using a feature where enemies that can't stand up after a certain amount of time will eventually just have their killswitch activated.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 11, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bounce is great for carpeting areas and watching your teammates fly into space.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Awesome, thanks for the build advice. I think Overextended and Primed Continuity are the only two I don't have, but I'm currently running Hunter Adrenaline over Rage since I do have the spare capacity at the moment.
Also get a dog for him. Yes a cat would be more fitting with the Egypt theme, but Dogs have more health, and they get even more health based on how much health their user has. They can also regen health based on how much melee damage you're doing, and regen your health when they do melee damage.

Basically fly around with doggo, melee everything, never die ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cats can fit the same link mods as dogs, so they too can be tanky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

aegof posted:

specifically it's because all he has is crowd control and half of it is redundant