Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

big scary monsters posted:

if i type � � � � � � (æ ø å ä ö ü) it also fucks up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol

prisoner of waffles posted:

nah. Elon just replied yesterday to like a 4 year old tweet complimenting $TSLA for having a stereo with a volume knob that goes to 11

why did Elon find that 4 year old tweet? :thunk:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1049745089294213120
:lol:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Elon's personal time machine back to that point in history when people liked him for some reason

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

this is a thing of beauty

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

My buddy, who just got his tesla, is taking suggestions for plates

What ya got yos? This is an ohio plate

So far we've suggested:
FELONMUSK
420 SEC 69
LOL GAS
FIRESTARTER

what else?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a bunch of states only let people with 1969 model year cars get 69 on vanity plates

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

GRAHMS

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

FUK SEC

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
BZNGA

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
you just got owned by bazinga. tim has the brain's algorithms configured in such a way that advantage tim. and tim refuses to admit such fact

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

jeffery posted:

holyshit. tim chose a characterset to encode my surveillance data in, in which, the brain would have the most difficulty processing. a data set which physically lacks characters from the standard dataset.

jeffery posted:

you just got owned by bazinga. tim has the brain's algorithms configured in such a way that advantage tim. and tim refuses to admit such fact

wtf are you talking about dude are you having some kind of psychotic break :confused:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i mean he does have a lot of experience with willful blindness
https://twitter.com/FT/status/1050077662000103425

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

big scary monsters posted:

can you quote/link that for us?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
murdoch rag: patriotic WV tesla owner only buys electricity produced from coal and the libs are fuming!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

holy poo poo lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Caption: highly trained staff in the Something Awful Database Division prepare a quotation mark for delivery to the Frontend Department, where it will be formatted for display on a user's computer

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mystes posted:

Caption: highly trained staff in the Something Awful Database Division prepare a quotation mark for delivery to the Frontend Department, where it will be formatted for display on a user's computer

lÉmarf

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
why is Elon concerned about 11?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

Chapter 11 bankruptcy

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

the 11th chapter is always the scariest one.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
nev4r 5get

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566101124722688
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566103356194816
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566116614291456

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i hate him so much

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Last Chance posted:

i hate him so much

yeah, but ur gonna love poasting screenshots of these tweets (they will definitely be deleted) when $TSLAQ hits

rip teslachan, foreverially bankruptionated

e: yeah, I just took screenshots of all of them

prisoner of waffles fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 10, 2018

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
over in the Other Musk/Tesla Thread they're talking about board composition soo

hey Combat Theory and anyone else who might be in the know, what do you think about worker representation on corporate boards a la Germany?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

prisoner of waffles posted:

yeah, but ur gonna love poasting screenshots of these tweets (they will definitely be deleted) when $TSLAQ hits

rip teslachan, foreverially bankruptionated

e: yeah, I just took screenshots of all of them

yes, good. those tweets are going to be a lot funnier next year

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

TerminalRaptor posted:

Did the forums drive ZDR mad like all others who dared gaze into the abyss?

i think zdr got mad when lowtax started doing edits to the forums CSS

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

still can't figure that poo poo out. chinese works fine, emoji works fine (outside the BMP!) but some normal stuff gets hosed. my guess is some hamfisted attempt to deal with user agents sending the wrong encoding. why an internet forum in 2018 would have encoding handling more complex than "use utf8 or get hosed" is beyond me

ah i bet its because the encoding of posts in the DB is not known and has changed over the years and someone is trying to fix that in the view. fun times

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nobody is doing code changes to the forums though ???

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

KoRMaK posted:

nobody is doing code changes to the forums though ???

he said he was gonna fix search over the past weekend

and lo, he did

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think zdr got mad when lowtax started doing edits to the forums CSS

yeah i can see that. bad things happen when you mess with the sacred texts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
czech that time

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1050164164805545984

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lmao.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Don't hold back, Elon. Start insulting everyone who might become your boss.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The stock market ate poo poo today, $Tsla is close to $250. What was the cutoff where the burly men in bad fitting suits come out and break Musk's legs?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

still can't figure that poo poo out. chinese works fine, emoji works fine (outside the BMP!) but some normal stuff gets hosed. my guess is some hamfisted attempt to deal with user agents sending the wrong encoding. why an internet forum in 2018 would have encoding handling more complex than "use utf8 or get hosed" is beyond me

ah i bet its because the encoding of posts in the DB is not known and has changed over the years and someone is trying to fix that in the view. fun times

It's because Radium set the database up to use Latin-1 encoding and everything else just gets converted to HTML numeric entities for storage (and therefore wasn't affected because it's transmitted end-to-end as ASCII). Only characters that are in windows-1252 but not ASCII were affected.

I mean, that's an educated guess but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

has it since been fixed? at least i couldn't make the forum fail on this stuff:

‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰‹‘’“”•–—˜™›

vs. reference

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

has it since been fixed? at least i couldn't make the forum fail on this stuff:

‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰‹‘’“”•–—˜™›

vs. reference

Yes Lowtax has fixed it now

edit: or whoever is the new zdr has fixed it. Anyway it's fixed

Hammerite fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 11, 2018

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Combat Theory posted:

Thanks. I lost it half way. Not my intention to ramble about drivers especially after a lethal collision... It's just mind boggling to me that people go out and treat these cars as if they were regular vehicles without an engine noise without once thinking about how fuckin dangerous the accumulated power is.

But imo that's the entire point of having consumer safety standards and everything. Products must be so easy to use and so safe that you either need recklessness or intent in order to hurt yourself with them. This door handle thing to me is absolutely confusing. Does every driver and every passenger get a 20 minute lecture how to exit the vehicle in an emergency? Is the driver expected to hold a safety demonstration every time they drive home their drunken friends after a night out, like when you board an airplane? I cannot imagine how this car could have possibly been approved as being road-safe.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Lord Stimperor posted:

But imo that's the entire point of having consumer safety standards and everything. Products must be so easy to use and so safe that you either need recklessness or intent in order to hurt yourself with them. This door handle thing to me is absolutely confusing. Does every driver and every passenger get a 20 minute lecture how to exit the vehicle in an emergency? Is the driver expected to hold a safety demonstration every time they drive home their drunken friends after a night out, like when you board an airplane? I cannot imagine how this car could have possibly been approved as being road-safe.

disruption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lord Stimperor posted:

what all with the punctuation and capitals