Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Seams posted:

i really hate wwe's posters these days. they're boring and make all the wrestlers look like nobodies.

Miss the good ol' days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

At least they still have the Saudi blood money

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1050039335926620160

Jesus, they were up at ~$97 on September 28th. What happened since then?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Entire NYSE has fallen

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Entire NYSE has fallen

The Dow's fallen 1.4% in that time, WWE's stock fell 17.6%.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The stock was way over valued for what the new TV deal was going to bring in so this seems like a correction and also Vince wasn't able to touch the orb while in the middle east.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

dsriggs posted:

the ratings for tv have gone down across the board, i might add.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

It tracks almost exactly with any other stock I look at, with the caveat that WWE peaked higher than most.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

dsriggs posted:

The economy is facing some very bad headwinds based upon certain leading indicators and Trump's trade war bullshit has been causing stocks to fall across the board (this is why Republicans aren't as panicked about the blue wave as they'd have you believe, because they'll just blame the Democrats after they take the House in November and the economy goes tits-up by February).

Timby fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 10, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's a record that I was pretty certain of but is now confirmed: at just over 23 minutes, Lynch vs Flair last night was the longest women's match in the history of Smackdown or Raw. So there's that i guess.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

dsriggs posted:

They had an interview on CNBC a couple days ago and traders on the floor said they were very concerned with the direction of the Rusev storyline

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Devalued just like Rusev and Lana's accents.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

Here's a record that I was pretty certain of but is now confirmed: at just over 23 minutes, Lynch vs Flair last night was the longest women's match in the history of Smackdown or Raw. So there's that i guess.

Matches that long should be saved for PPVs imo

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 10, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/1049828173611982848

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how are ferrari stocks?

nyse:race

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope the terrible poo poo the Saudis are doing keeps getting attached to WWE's name

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I hope the terrible poo poo the Saudis are doing keeps getting attached to WWE's name

Its much more likely that someone will be murdered and chopped into pieces when they enter the peformance center

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"You may have heard about Jamal Khashoggi being murdered and chopped into pieces, but on November 2nd at WWE Crown Jewel, it'll be Undertaker and Kane getting CROTCH CHOPPED INTO PIECES"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fatherofmustard posted:

Matches that long should be saved for PPVs imo

or for people that have chemistry in the ring together. i swear becky was working at twice the speed charlotte was last night

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The first ever Diplomatic Pouch on a pole match

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

drat... maybe I should have watched more than the 4 minute clip on YouTube. When someone here called that it would end in a countout, I just assumed it wasn't worth watching.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Astro7x posted:

drat... maybe I should have watched more than the 4 minute clip on YouTube. When someone here called that it would end in a countout, I just assumed it wasn't worth watching.

it wasn't a great match tbh

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Astro7x posted:

And you were right, wait for the feud ending match as it'll have a better finish.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rovert posted:

At least they still have the Saudi blood money

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1050039335926620160
I bought in at like eight bucks, dude.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Who's the lady with the sombra hair

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait I thought the Greatest Royal Rumble was the biggest match!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

"You may have heard about Jamal Khashoggi being murdered and chopped into pieces, but on November 2nd at WWE Crown Jewel, it'll be Undertaker and Kane getting CROTCH CHOPPED INTO PIECES"

lol

Ad by Khad posted:

Who's the lady with the sombra hair

Ember Moon

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

oh ok

is she any good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

oh ok

is she any good

She's fun to watch and looks unique.

Someone who watches more often than me would have to answer your question on her being good. My answer is "I think so?"

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Ember had a really good match against Nia Jax on Monday that you should check out

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rarity posted:

The World Cup featuring John Cena (USA), Kurt Angle (USA), Randy Orton (USA) and Jeff Hardy (USA)

I want to say that they are just getting the USA side done first...but no, I don't have faith in that :lol:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She's a really good wrestler, not a great promo, tragically underused but that's true of most people in WWE.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ad by Khad posted:

oh ok

is she any good

She's very solid, very fun to watch, and has a great look and a great finisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQTQ6Ol_EgM

(It does help that Liv sells the hell out of it.)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ember is a good wrestler but is absolutely horrendous on the microphone and her gimmick isn't exactly solid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike doing the run-in on 205 still to the Greatest Love entry music is great.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ad by Khad posted:

oh ok

is she any good

She's a good wrestler if you don't care about character.

Like a flashy personality but it's still Dean Malenko underneath, the character doesn't make sense or impact on matches.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

Ember is a good wrestler but is absolutely horrendous on the microphone and her gimmick isn't exactly solid.

embers gimmick is "girl who was super into the underworld movies" and I think it works better or worse depending on if you knew a girl who was obsessed with those movies

she is very bad on the mic though yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyone wanting to see Ember should watch her Takeover matches with Asuka, they're both women's best matches in the company to date

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Not only that but just now from WaPo:

quote:

The crown prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, ordered an operation to lure Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi back to Saudi Arabia from his home in Virginia and then detain him, according to U.S. intelligence intercepts of Saudi officials discussing the plan.

Lol

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think Ember's just another victim of WWE's stilled scripted face promos, very few people on the roster can pull them off well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sonicice posted:

Not only that but just now from WaPo:

Lol

He really shouldn't have answered that spam email about a saudi prince needing you to help him with a money issue

• Locked thread