Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So can Muteba see now or what? They had a panel of him asking that secretary to bring his new eyes before the fight and it seems like he no longer needs his ears to be able to perceive the fight, plus it looked like Seki got him once by spitting blood in his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The moment the flashback happened I was like "well gently caress".

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
This the best match so far.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

tweet my meat posted:

So can Muteba see now or what? They had a panel of him asking that secretary to bring his new eyes before the fight and it seems like he no longer needs his ears to be able to perceive the fight, plus it looked like Seki got him once by spitting blood in his face.

I think he uses air pressure (touch) smell, and even taste as well as hearing to pinpoint.

I think the eyes are for NEXT ROUND when he's gonna break out cyborg mode for fighting TIGER BOI.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Hypocrisy posted:

Nice finish.

Tactics wins the day again.

And strategy! Muteba being brutal with his fighting all along to distract from some of his more dangerous one-hit-kill attacks is impressive. And his line about finally being able to fight as a warrior means he probably has some more power to pull out for the watasuki, especially because I think we don’t know how he lost his sight or what he was doing before he became an assassin.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yeah like even if muteba has ear implants they would be full of blood and useless anyways surely

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Meinberg posted:

This the best match so far.

People say this after every other fight, seems like.

And they're not wrong, this series keeps topping itself!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

I think he uses air pressure (touch) smell, and even taste as well as hearing to pinpoint.

I think the eyes are for NEXT ROUND when he's gonna break out cyborg mode for fighting TIGER BOI.

They were dropping hints that Muteba was thinking of a way to beat Wakatsuki, before this match started. That fight is going to be interesting as both fighters are extremely skilled and have some information about the others fighting style

As for the next match Saw Paing vs Rei. I like Saw Paing as a character and want him to win but I feel like it's Rei vs Setsuna in quarter finals. Which would lead us to a speedster match up

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 10, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Idk if any fighter has earned more respect than Muteba

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Does Wakatsuki's super muscle thing also apply to cardiac muscle? I wanna see some fingers get crushed by a human heart

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also the belly to back suplex finisher was tremendous

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah i think he got cyborg eyes since his boss' company deals with weapons and poo poo.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's doctor who managed go bring back someone who got their heart twisted into a knot. He's going to be fine.

Fight ruled, God Bless pro-wrestling.
I pray you are correct. He :zoro: so hard it was awesome. I really hope he lives so he can continue mentoring his fatass student in PRO WRESTLING!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I thought the eyes were just the things he has on right now so he doesn't have creepy eye sockets only and there wasn't anything to it honestly

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I thought the eyes were just the things he has on right now so he doesn't have creepy eye sockets only and there wasn't anything to it honestly
His CEO is a psychotic arms manufacturer. If there is not some cyborg antics going on here with the perfect opportunity i'm going to be pissed.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Next fight is SAW PAINNNNNNNNG vs. Rei right? Hopefully it lasts longer than Rei's first fight.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The eyes are just bombs/lasers

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hypocrisy posted:

Next fight is SAW PAINNNNNNNNG vs. Rei right? Hopefully it lasts longer than Rei's first fight.

Rei won the first round with a lightning-fast jab to Mockey's chin, knocking Mockey out instantly. That technique won't work on Saw Paing since his skull is made of titanium, so Rei's fight with Saw Paing going to last more than one panel even if Saw Paing finally loses at the end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think it is possible for saw paing to be in a short fight

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the manga ended a little while ago and now it's been announced it'll come back in 2019 with a new arc. The translations should be caught up by then.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RatHat posted:

So the manga ended a little while ago and now it's been announced it'll come back in 2019 with a new arc. The translations should be caught up by then.

I hope the new arc features Kazzy being the new Kengan Association Chairman and sponsoring the new tournament.

Also, Kazzy ends up entering himself into and winning the tournament due to shenanigans.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

Hell yeah! this is great news.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I'm pretty confident that Rei will win but I'll be rooting for Saw Paing

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rei is literally the most boring fighter in the tournament, so I am rooting for his opponent by default.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fortunately, no matter who wins saw will still be available to do fight commentary afterward. rei's not one of the maim, mutilate and murder dudes despite being a former assassin.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a pity that Saw is not able to do commentary on his own match while he's fighting it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

It's a pity that Saw is not able to do commentary on his own match while he's fighting it.

? why not

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

fortunately, no matter who wins saw will still be available to do fight commentary afterward. rei's not one of the maim, mutilate and murder dudes despite being a former assassin.

he won't even need to be in the stadium, dude can shout commentary from the nearby beach

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seki's alive thank god

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Wakatsuki Takeshi, Sekibayashi Jun, Marvellous Seki and Imai Cosmo and the Search for the Tree of Life.

Aug 24, 2011

blind assassin, who is so attuned to his senses that he can 'see' better than somebody who has eyes, unleashes his secret weapon: eyes

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Rei is literally the most boring fighter in the tournament, so I am rooting for his opponent by default.

"You shall perish before our love" :smugjones:

Rei is what happens when you somehow have less presence and group interactions than Ohma. While having nothing really compelling as motivation either. He's got a hard on for a literal pimp. That's why he's fighting in this tourney.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm glad muteba is living up to his ridiculous reputation. Wakatsuki is boring so I hope he loses again

Aug 24, 2011

oh poo poo the last fight in this stage is gaolang vs fang

are there any other really good fights coming up

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Iirc the brackets correctly, we have Setsuna vs Gensai next who are both being sold as super strong so that should be great.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

where the red fern gropes posted:

setsuna vs gensai is going to be really really good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gensai is going to immediately murder setsuna and we'll all cheer

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

After Gensai and Setsuna duke it out we'll get to enjoy Hatsumi Sen sleeping for an unprecedented 21 hours straight since Hanafusa killed Bando.

Unless they do a substitution I guess.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They will the question is whether it's someone we already know or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also lol that the reason Julius is on a thong all the time is because hes so buff he can't fit normal clothing.