Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

jerry seinfel posted:

ordered some more costco protein bars, very excited

shame they aren't in the church's physical sites

They are in the stores around Chicago, unless you mean some newfangled flavor.

Praise Be Upon Chicagoland Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Pennsyltucky costco was out last I checked, but costco giveth in warehouse and costco giveth online

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

jerry seinfel posted:

ordered some more costco protein bars, very excited

Mine has pallets full.

fordham posted:

Got a dog too on the way out. I wish they had a non-caffeinated soda option though, the Minute-Maid lemonade is pretty poo poo.

They have soda water.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

jerry seinfel posted:

Pennsyltucky costco was out last I checked, but costco giveth in warehouse and costco giveth online

PBUC*
*.com

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Costco definitely sells the protein bars in physical stores - I've never bought them online. I did get a postcard in the mail letting me know that they had been recalled, but my date code was different so I was able to safely eat breakfast this morning without fear. PBUC

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Just put in my info to start the carpet process through Costco's deal with Shaw Flooring. Should get contacted within two days, and then they send a person out with a bunch of samples to pick from, they measure the area and give an exact amount of what you will pay. Hope the price beats Home Depot, and it's not garbage carpet. 15% cash back for October, with 2% exec and 2% credit card will be really nice.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

They have soda water.

Pretty sure Sierra Mist doesn't have caffeine either

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I now own 2 out of the 3 different color variations of this seasons flannels :siren:

Also got a chili bowl togo for the wife.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Praise be unto Chili

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
anyone put chili on a dog yet?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Chinatown posted:

I have before but it's not really hot dog chili. Its thicker with beans. Hot dog chili is usually thinner and no beans.

It is good chili though and you get a lot for the price. Just add some onions from the dispenser and it is great.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Holy loving poo poo...

I've wasted 2 trips to costco now! :suicide:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I now own 2 out of the 3 different color variations of this seasons flannels :siren:

Also got a chili bowl togo for the wife.

Excellent!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Can some kind Costco Crusader please make an in depth chili dog experience effort post with pictures?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Forget the chili, what are the onion dispenser status!

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Infidel Castro posted:

Pretty sure Sierra Mist doesn't have caffeine either

Mine doesn't have Sierra Mist :(

Mountain Dew instead.

Hooks
Aug 26, 2007

He'll save children, but not the British children
Fun Shoe
Has anyone used Costco to buy a used car? How does it work? I'm suddenly finding myself without a car and I hate haggling at a dealership.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Went to church and was tempted to buy a to of poo poo, but picked up another $9.99 flannel because I'm a huge fan of the one I bought the other day. Bless.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chinatown posted:

It's not that good

If you're looking to pair a menu item with the chili, I'll repeat from a previous post: churro and chili is good.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Went to church and was tempted to buy a to of poo poo, but picked up another $9.99 flannel because I'm a huge fan of the one I bought the other day. Bless.

that flannel is a STEAL

i also have two of the flannels, and grabbed a coat, some long johns, some shorts

im gonna be warm as gently caress this winter

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hooks posted:

Has anyone used Costco to buy a used car? How does it work? I'm suddenly finding myself without a car and I hate haggling at a dealership.
It varies from dealer and vehicle used. General consensus is that you miss out on RADSICK DEALZ but save yourself some headache.

In my case, we had a specific vehicle in mind. The CostCo service matched us to a dealer and we were given a contact person to speak with. You're kind of stuck with that one dealer for that one vehicle/brand, so you can't like use the service to shop around your 5 local Honda dealers or whatever. Part of this is because they give you a CostCo Approved pricing sheet that you can take home and look at.
But anyway, in our case we looked at their inventory, emailed back and forth and did a test drive. The CostCo Deal was $800 off advertised price, flat across all cars. They ended up offering us $1,000 more for our trade in that CarMax did, but they wouldn't budge on the sticker pricing of the car we wanted, so it wasn't a case where we could get $500 taken off the price + the $800 'CoDeal. We also qualified for a 0% loan (not costco related), which made it a little easier to swallow.

Finance Guy was grinding but not terrible or abusive. Post-purchase we received a costco survey and, like, $50 off of one accessory purchase (pretty much useless, IMHO).
The survey makes sure the dealer is honest and makes the members feel like they got a fair shake, so it's designed to make sure the partnership actually is somewhat useful.

If you have a vehicle you've narrowed it down to, you can use the service to see if the price the matched dealer offers is competitive with what you see in other places. There are also semi-seasonal deals with the program, but IIRC they mainly wind up being poo poo like "$500 costco card on purchase of NEW 2020 CHEVY EXPLORAGASM 7000"

VvV
Yeah, it was a midrange EV BMW i3 so it was already hard enough to get the drat dealers to budge on pricing.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 10, 2018

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

$800? Wow.

I looked at a Chevy Colorado through Costco and they took $6k off. Didn't end up buying.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I'm going at some point this week, and will probably pick up a flannel or two for me. Yeah, they are guys shirts but I get cold in the winter and it will be nice to have something not too heavy to snuggle in. I have a few sherpa blankets already but, I get really hot in them after a bit. I'll prob pick up some Halloween candy while I am there too.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hooks posted:

Yes! Bought a Nissan Leaf a few months ago. Go to the website, tell it what you want, and then a dealer calls you. There's already a decent Costco price, so no haggling. A car salesman will tell you that haggling will still save you some sheckles, so do what you want .

But I enjoyed the Costco process.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Does costco sell houses?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

Does costco sell houses?

I also refinanced my mortgage through Costco this year!!!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

fordham posted:

Mine doesn't have Sierra Mist :(

Mountain Dew instead.
Mug root beer is caffeine free. It’s a Pepsi product, so there’s a chance they’ve got it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Does costco sell houses?

Sears used to sell houses, they had a house catalogue and everything.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Imagine an alternate history where Sears had a non-insane CEO during the rise of e-commerce.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
At least the shitlord who ran sears into the ground lost billions of dollars of his own money.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Disco Salmon posted:

it will be nice to have something not too heavy to snuggle

pm me

oh I thought you said something heavy to snuggle, nm.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
lol if you haven't hosed under a 'co sherpa throw

just lol

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Sears used to sell houses, they had a house catalogue and everything.

Yep, I live in what's probably a sears house and across the street from what's definitely a sears house

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Why are all the stretchy mens pants at the co universally also designed for people with chicken legs. I wear 34x32 and these GH bass pants fit great from mid-thigh up, but everything below looks like it got poured in.

I just want cheap easily returnable stretchy manpants. Is that too much to ask.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Why are all the stretchy mens pants at the co universally also designed for people with chicken legs. I wear 34x32 and these GH bass pants fit great from mid-thigh up, but everything below looks like it got poured in.

I just want cheap easily returnable stretchy manpants. Is that too much to ask.

Why not the 505s?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

MarcusSA posted:

Why not the 505s?

Once you go stretchy you can't go back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Once you go stretchy you can't go back.

The 505s are stretchy though?

And you are 100% correct.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Oh snap off to costco I go and hope they're not all 29 inseam. I even looked at them to see if they were stretch last time and just gave up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Oh snap off to costco I go and hope they're not all 29 inseam. I even looked at them to see if they were stretch last time and just gave up.

I'm wearing them right now and they are nice and stretch.

Also costco.com works if you can't find your size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Laslow posted:

Mug root beer is caffeine free. It’s a Pepsi product, so there’s a chance they’ve got it.

I like Mug but they don't have it either :saddowns:

I'll snap a picture of my soda disappointment next time I attend Mass.