Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I'm concerned about both of our fellows. Uh. Is AB okay here? I really can't decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A

Marjani wouldn't take a fight that she'd instantly lose, and that dude wouldn't have brought so many people if he was confident in his ability to take her one-on-one. Hopefully we have a minute to get Phyna taken care of and then wrap things up as a group.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
B they're using banishing spells and rituals which we're immune to. Our Aedra/Mortal attack combo has exacted a terrible toll upon them already.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Will update tonight or tomorrow. A is currently winning.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

B

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

voting closes once the tie breaks.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
A. Let's turn this 2v1/1v1 into a 3v1

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

You see your friend, Phyna, still exchanging spells with an enemy, and with one strike you Cut twice-but-once and flash to the enemy, striking at them. They dodge, but clumsily, and you strike them down on a follow-up. Phyna gives you a quck nod, then sends a bolt of fire flying past you, only to have it dispelled mid-air.
You turn, and narrowly dodge the dagger of a cultists’ summoned servant, and reply with the snake-eating-the-scorpion, the prescribed counterattack against daggers. You miss, but barely, and move back, out of range. The demon follows up, but overextends, and moving with all your will and soul, blade angled Just So, and you Cut the world; and with a scream, the demon dissolves into black smoke and is sucked through the cut along your blade.

As soon as you have cut, you turn, run the three paces to the mage Phyna is fighting, but just before you cut him down, spikes shoot from the ground to impale him, summoned by Phyna’s spell. You land and nod to Phyna in appreciation again, then take a short moment to catch your breath - despite the spell apparently making you much harder to tire out, you are beginning to feel the strain of combat ever-so-slightly. You stand by phyna and turn to scan the battlefield when -

A scream rings out. It sounds like Marjani, and your attention snaps to her. She is on her knees, screaming, her opponents hands a few inches from her head, and power, or light, flowing- or being drained - from her. You see the sorcerers’ minions are all gone, and him himself bleeding from several places.

Without even thinking, you Cut the long-and-short-cut, and, taking the 33rd stance, you strike, the technique known as the Roaring Wave, a powerful swing using all your weight.
Your opponent barely sees you in time, but he is fast, faster than you, even, and spins, producing a tiny knife, more like a razor than a dagger, from somewhere in his robe, and he holds it up in a feeble defense. You swing as though trough it, you stance correct, your swing powerful, and every part of your being, mind and soul and body in harmony, the world bending to your pure note -

And your sword Shatters; you are rocked back as your pure note is cut in two, and left with a few inches of shattered, jagged blade, sticking out from your hilt.
Your opponent follows up, but you leap back, barely getting away in time. A spell flashes past your but with his free hand, the sorcerer dispells it mid-air. He swings at you again, and you barely manage to sidestep.
But before he can swing again, you catch movement out the corner of your eye, a blue blade, ad the sorcerer screams. You see Marjani having stabbed his leg with a jagged shard of your blade.
He stumbles backwards, and you move towards him, but before you can do anything, he moves his hand and with a flash of light, he is gone, teleported away.

And finally, the battlefield is silent.

Quickly, you, Marjani and Phyna find each other. As soon as you do, Marjani turns to you. “Go!” she says. “They are gone for now. But your priestess and my child could still be in danger. And… as i am, i could not protect them.”
She looks.. Sad, and despondent as she says so, and you notice in the pale light, that she is paler than before, and more transparent as well, her features shrunken and pallid.
Phyna nods as well. “You are faster than us. Take my sword and go; i’ll take care of her and we’ll catch up.

Well, do you go?
A:
Yes. I leave marjani and phyna undefended and hope nothing happens that they cannot deal with, and i hurry to catch up with Adara. She is on camel’s back, but she is no experienced rider, the terrain is rough, and she has only a short head start. It is possible, if difficult and exhausting.

B: No. I trust in Adara, and hope that Ahaz has been able to keep up, and, and i will not leave my comrades here, wounded on the battlefield.

C: I go, but i go the fastest way. I climb the the highest outcropping, and in the distance, i can see Adara. Using phyna’s sword, I long-and-short-cut to her. It is far longer than i usually do, but it should not be greatly more difficult on that account.

D: C, but i bring Phyna and Marjani with me as i cut. I know how to do this in theory but have never had the need or chance to test it in practice, not even with one person.

E: D, but i only bring one of them. Please specify which. This will be easier than D, but still novel and likely difficult.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
C

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Are we still feeling buffed? If so D

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Toughy posted:

Are we still feeling buffed? If so D

You arent completely certain. you think so? you don't feel nearly as tired as you should with all the fighting and sword-signging you've been doing, but it is starting to wear on you a little.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Be a gentlewoman, leave no friend behind

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Would we expect riding to catch up to be more or less exhausting than cutting our way there, with and without the buff?

We should definitely spend some downtime practicing bringing others with us, however this turns out; it's inexcusable to put ourselves in a position where we need to do poo poo for the first time in live combat.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

F

I climb cut to the highest outcropping where I, can see Adara, and see if they are travelling unmolested or not. If not I stay and help.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Ask Marj, if she can "cut" herself over to Adara.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Toughy posted:

Ask Marj, if she can "cut" herself over to Adara.

She shakes her head. "Before, perhaps. But not as I am now. The Threat Of Mirrors is a tiring technique to use, and the sorcerer drained me further. I do not know if i will ever recover my former strength, which even then was fading."

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Magnusth posted:

She shakes her head. "Before, perhaps. But not as I am now. The Threat Of Mirrors is a tiring technique to use, and the sorcerer drained me further. I do not know if i will ever recover my former strength, which even then was fading."

I wonder if she could enchant herself to something we can carry... She's a spirit, after all. Is that something that spirits can do? It seems possible if there's daedra weapons out there...

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

So, there's a four-way tie of 1 vote each. I'll update once at least one option has a few votes.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Ralith posted:

Would we expect riding to catch up to be more or less exhausting than cutting our way there, with and without the buff?
Still waiting for an answer for this.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Ralith posted:

Still waiting for an answer for this.

My apologies, i didn't see it. Neither of them are likely to seriously tire you out, but catching up on foot is definately more exhausting than just cutting your way there. Bringing someone with you, though, is highly draining, and might well be far more tiring than going on foot.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
C, then, assuming we can keep up once we meet them.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Ok hey I forgot to vote. CD. I'm all in favor of going for the gusto with D, but it'll still be okay if C wins, I think.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I wonder if she could enchant herself to something we can carry... She's a spirit, after all. Is that something that spirits can do? It seems possible if there's daedra weapons out there...

Any chance you could answer this one too?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Any chance you could answer this one too?

You ask her if she could transform into a weapon. She looks at you, wide-eyed, as if you you just lost your mind, then sighs.
"No. I cannot. I am a person, not a foul demon."

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Magnusth posted:

You ask her if she could transform into a weapon. She looks at you, wide-eyed, as if you you just lost your mind, then sighs.
"No. I cannot. I am a person, not a foul demon."

:jiggled:
Bitch, come at me.

I was just askin'.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Will update tomorrow. Currently, C is winning.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

I'd hoped to update today, but today was way more busy than planned. The next few days will be busy as well, but i'll try to get an update out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Hoping this isn't dead.

• Locked thread