Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

I think Ember's just another victim of WWE's stilled scripted face promos, very few people on the roster can pull them off well.

And not having Dusty Rhodes helping her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1050185548328050693

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's absolutely repugnant that the Saudi Government killed this journalist, the only just punishment is that we keep sending them WWE shows. And they have to stay in their seats the whole time.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

It's absolutely repugnant that the Saudi Government killed this journalist, the only just punishment is that we keep sending them WWE shows. And they have to stay in their seats the whole time.

the BIG DOG thinks Jamal Khashoggi deserves to die

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

Diggin' holes and takin' souls.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shawn Michaels facial expression shows that he knows what he got himself into

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AsInHowe posted:

the BIG DOG thinks Jamal Khashoggi deserves to die

I had myself a good chuckle on this one.

No one should ever try to cage the BIG DOG jokes. They're too strong.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy lol no one told me John Cena has a new, somehow even shittier 3rd finisher! It's incredible. Each finisher faker than the last. Amazing.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The punch is great.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm curious how HBK is going to present his glistening scalp at Crown Jewel. Is he going to keep wearing that stupid head wrap thing during the entire match, or is he going to go full glory?

Alan_Shore posted:

Holy lol no one told me John Cena has a new, somehow even shittier 3rd finisher! It's incredible. Each finisher faker than the last. Amazing.
Was there even a clear camera shot of it? I just remember extremely lovely camera cuts, probably because the finisher was so drat dumb.

ijii fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 11, 2018

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

How much of Ember Moon's problems on the mic/character issues are her fault and how much is it WWE fuckery?

I ask because on upupdowndown, and the WWE Game Night things I have seen her on she seems fun and cool and charismatic. So if you add that to a competent wrestler, she should be great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I once watched, I think it was a year end episode of NXT, and it had a video package about Ember Moon and it was super good and made her come off as super likable. She's stilted in her promos, even in NXT, but she's one of those people who's just magnetic in the ring and makes you care about what she's doing, like Cesaro.

She might be a bad talker, but she's got charisma.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
also she kinda sorta had a werewolf gimmick that seemed cool when i caught takeovers but i guess they dropped it?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh yeah don't get me wrong, i like ember, and like cesaro she has the magic ability to get a crowd super into whatever she's doing in just any random match. and part of that is her physical charisma, which she has in spades. she's just not much of an actress.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I once watched, I think it was a year end episode of NXT, and it had a video package about Ember Moon and it was super good and made her come off as super likable. She's stilted in her promos, even in NXT, but she's one of those people who's just magnetic in the ring and makes you care about what she's doing, like Cesaro.

She might be a bad talker, but she's got charisma.

Finn Balor too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just wondering can you do the endless free trial thing using the “gmail doesn’t recognise periods” trick?

so eg can i sign up one month using first.last@gmail.com, then next month using f.irstlast@gmail.com, and so on?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

rovert posted:

Finn Balor too

You gonna try to out him again?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

just wondering can you do the endless free trial thing using the “gmail doesn’t recognise periods” trick?

so eg can i sign up one month using first.last@gmail.com, then next month using f.irstlast@gmail.com, and so on?

I think it tracks based on other info, too. I signed up for another trial last night but didn't take until I put in a different address/phone number, so it's looking for more than just email address.

In other news, NXT UK is finally on. Wednesdays at 8pm BST (so 3PM EST, I think) starting October 17.

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1050372023355146243

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1050139233732710401

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LividLiquid posted:

I bought in at like eight bucks, dude.

And then you had a meltdown because you didn't understand how dividends work.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Phenix Rising posted:

I think it tracks based on other info, too. I signed up for another trial last night but didn't take until I put in a different address/phone number, so it's looking for more than just email address.

In other news, NXT UK is finally on. Wednesdays at 8pm BST (so 3PM EST, I think) starting October 17.

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1050372023355146243

I wonder if they are going to slide guys like British Strong Style or Jack Gallagher over to this at least just to kickstart it

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if they are going to slide guys like British Strong Style or Jack Gallagher over to this at least just to kickstart it

They're kinda building it around BSS and folks from Progress and ICW.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

As struggling with promos?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Baron Corbin posted:

yeah i'm not sure why they are putting all these old guys on the card for a show especially made for a 33 year old attitude era mark billionaire instead of Killian Dain and Buddy Murphy.

I dunno about Attitude Era, the prince requested Yokozuna. I'm going to say Doink the Clown, IRS, and Diesel are more down his alley. Even Goldust might be too new for him.

On that note, this is everyone's routine reminder that yes, Goldust and Rhyno are still active WWE superstars approaching 2019.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Tomahawk posted:

Ahem excuse. He is/was in a loving relationship with Cathy Kelly.

Also did the Saudi Prince have his face photoshopped on the cover of TIME magazine or did that really happen?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Two Beans posted:

They're kinda building it around BSS and folks from Progress and ICW.

I just woke up and I read ICW as ICPW. And did a double take.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TV Zombie posted:

Ahem excuse. He is/was in a loving relationship with Cathy Kelly.

Also did the Saudi Prince have his face photoshopped on the cover of TIME magazine or did that really happen?
No because people in our mainstream media liking the Saudi prince isn't just restricted to the WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

As struggling with promos?

Excuse! Finn Balor is a great promo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTpCVhggPJQ

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I always thought Finn Balor was a weird name choice until just now when I learned his real name is Fergal Devitt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They actually explained his name once, during the one-month span Balor was actually taken seriously on the main roster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwLrarYTJ0

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
With Ember's in ring talent and charisma outside of WWE promos there's obviously a way to make her character work. But we'll never get it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

They actually explained his name once, during the one-month span Balor was actually taken seriously on the main roster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwLrarYTJ0

That was a great video, thanks for posting it. I'd never seen it before. Now I want to watch an entire series of Irish folklore and history narrated by him.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

With Ember's in ring talent and charisma outside of WWE promos there's obviously a way to make her character work. But we'll never get it.

She's been on the main roster since after Mania and has yet to have an actual feud, has she even had a PPV match?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Has she cut more than three promos?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1050432339044646912

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

She's been on the main roster since after Mania and has yet to have an actual feud, has she even had a PPV match?

She was in the MITB match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JT Smiley posted:

She was in the women's MitB match and she was pretty freaking spectacular in it, as were most of the women in that match.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah but trump already said they spend 110 billion dollars on weaponry and stuff so we really aren't inclined to bother them about this :shrug:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

boar guy posted:

yeah but trump already said they spend 110 billion dollars on weaponry and stuff so we really aren't inclined to bother them about this :shrug:

His comment, along the lines of "Sure, he was a resident of the US, but he wasn't a citizen" was sickening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just saw “Adam Cole” and his “entrance” on 2k19 lmao

• Locked thread